Turns 80-100

Tubby Rower

Chronic Slacker
so by chance have we seen their curragh or was it claimed by Davy Jones via the Krakin?

No signs their Curragh made it, at least not yet. There are a few dark tiles they could still be hiding in on our side of the water.
Republic in 12 turns maybe 11? FP will help but probably not more than 2-3 gold per turn? Republic will with current production and cities allow us to have an additional 15 units at a balanced economy. Our plan is to have an additional 15 above that when attacking. Building two major objects, FP and GLH is hurting our economy but we will hopefully benefit from it and have a quick ROI. Just as long as none beats us to the GLH...
5 turns to FP, 10 turns to GLH. Both projects are MMed to the last shield... ;) So if for some reason anyone else plays the turns please let me help with detailed instructions...
We are up Lit, MM and HBR on SABER.
Second Barracks on line next turn.

well there are other decent wonders that we could cascade to if necessary. I doubt that we'll be beat to all of the "good" wonders

I doubt anyone is building anything currently, to be honest. Just maybe MOM in Georgetown.

Its interesting that they have gone with a lot more coastal towns. Would there be any reason for that?

From what i recall in civ 3 coastal spots were not particularly good

no their not unless they are going completely ICS. For the most part, coastal cities allow for the most room for cities on a given island landmass.

Ok thanks tubby, i think our layout is nicer, and better names too ;)

if you look at their coast, they will just miss that whale. a bit unfair as they would have to waste an oasis to grab it...our coast seems a little kinder

one more thing I wanted to ask much earlier, is there any particular reason that our workers aren't ganged up together? I usually play that way to get improvements up faster

one more thing I wanted to ask much earlier, is there any particular reason that our workers aren't ganged up together? I usually play that way to get improvements up faster
When there is a point to it they do. Near Li-Lo there are duos at work, as there is in the south. It all comes down to when we need a certain resource improved and also if there is a road in place at the time. Without a road each Worker moving into a tile cost a turn of worker actions. I prefer to avoid extra costs if possible. Using each Worker where he can do the most to help our game is the core purpose of the allocations. Not speed itself.

Wotan, I was sure that you would be the master of optimization in this regard, was just asking. I also have to switch my mindset a little as workers simply take a turn break when they finish their improvement. That alters things quite a little

Wotan, I was sure that you would be the master of optimization in this regard, was just asking. I also have to switch my mindset a little as workers simply take a turn break when they finish their improvement. That alters things quite a little

Isn't it if the project is done in two it's actually done or is it the IT.? :hmm:

Yeah, the worker takes the same time as usual, but the action is done an IBT sooner and you gain the improvement at the 2 turns left mark.

The thing that mixes it up is the inability to move the worker out of his square the turn he would end normally. That can be painful.

It can be used with attack units as well, though: I don't know to what full extent this works, but you can queue a move for the "turn after" and get it moved on the ibt. For instance, I remember having a spear at 2/4, 2 tiles away from a mountain during a barb uprising. I sent it on its way to the mountain and it got there in time for the barbs' IT. He died though. But the discovery was worth a spear.

Your not allowed to use go to's iirc in the mtdg. grahamiam had a word whilst i was tnt turnplayer last time when i left some units on go to's by accident.

The Workers are available just as in Single player Civ. It is just that it is easier to plan tile usage with this system where the IBT development of a tile is shown "the turn before" so you will know what output a turn has after worker actions. In Single player Civ you need to "guess" what effects an additional shield or gold will have. If it is lost to corruption or not. So I prefer this system, makes it much easier to plan. But Workers can move exactly the same as when they can in Single player.

Still no signs their Curragh made it.
Republic in 11 turns maybe 10?
4 turns to FP, 9 turns to GLH. Joined a Worker to LF to generate enough food to finish it in 9 turns. Next turn 2 Workers will move an mine the last irrigated plains so the final 5 turns will produce an additional shield. This will actually put 301 shields into the GLH, what a waste of production... ;)
Third Barracks on line next turn.
Galley spotted another stretch of coastals, nothing suggest it is a coastline similar to our islands so might be a land mass that is "common lands"? One Settler onboard to claim it!
One tiler will have a town next turn, name?
There is one town on mainland still missing a "babe" name, suggestions?
Another town to be started in two turns, name?

looks like their dinky didn't make it :D

hey, I didn't spot that 1 tile resting place for our galley, this is great, let's hope there is land for us to settle!

I still think we won't be able to start an invasion in 20 turns...2 raxes and nil MW's so far...not very promising, did someone do some calculations there how long it would take to assemble the armada?

Btw, since we honored the Russia Oil Czar with a city name and his team didn't actually achieve much this year, it would be time to honor the real winner in soccer this year. Or how about sponsors of soccer teams in general, shady characters like Berlusconi...

or how about some German models that made it big in this world. We could of course include some characters of the desperate housewives, since I am watching the whole season 1 on dvd these days (and enjoy that OCD character Bree van der Kamp, reminding me so much of my ex-wife)

I noticed the coastal tiles just 3 squares NW of our galley. Looks like we are about to make some new friends :D

ThERat said:
Or how about sponsors of soccer teams in general, shady characters like Berlusconi...

:lol: Berlusconni's.... what? there are so many things to choose from, he owns newspapers, TV stations and he was Prime Minister of Italy.

RE: names

I've updated the Naming Thread with our current list of city names. I propose that the settler on the island be named Maryann and the one across the sea be named Ginger since the involve settling islands via dinghy. Rename this! could be any of the names at the bottom of the last post in the thread above.

Founded Maryann on the one tiler.
Republic in 10 turns maybe 9?
3 turns to FP, 8 turns to GLH.
Still up the same three techs on SABER.
Galley found land! Though the first few tiles to become visible are all mountains... There is a stretch of three tiles just outside of view and the easternmost looks as if it is a grassland, the other two could be hills or additional mountains. One Settler onboard to claim a site on this island!

If this is a connector Island, we should be able to unload the settler and meet others following around the Island. Interesting setup really.

I notice how our GNP is now second already, that looks good though I am a little surprised that we are only #2 in land and pop

Top Bottom