Official BTS Release Date & Box Art

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Not long ago we reported the release date for Beyond the Sword listed on online retailer websites. Now we have the release date directly from 2K Games.

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword will be available the week of July 23 in the US and at the end of July internationally.

2K Games has also sent over a super high quality version of the final BTS box art. You can see it in the gallery here. It's available in two resolutions: 429 x 600 and 1610 x 2251.

Wow, exact date!! [party] I might get it, but we still don't have an official release date for "international"...

Edit: And first to comment! Ha! I beat you all crossposters!

Does Civ work with Windows Vista, because I was thinking of getting it on my mac.

Looks cool, notice the spy looking guy with the radiactive suitcase-maybe suitcase nukes are in as espionage?

We are getting suitcase nukes (snukes)
Other features: the london gherkin is in the box art! maybe a wonder (yeah right)
Mech robots! for future mod or expanded epic hopefully
spy
2 new soldier types. 1 def ultra futuristic

Looks awesome however why do the rest of the world have to wait an extra week.... I know its sounds spoilt but with digital purchase a global release is possible.

SO many people will be getting it from "other sources" and they probably don't even end up buying the final game when it is released in their territories....

They is no sensible reason why there is the difference, except that they want to lose sales...

still praying that BTS contains Warlords...or else I've held out for nothing

I think the boxart looks really cool...I just hope the game doesn't get too futurisitc, as I've always respected the Civ games for historical accuracy

still praying that BTS contains Warlords...or else I've held out for nothing

I would be very surprised if it did contain Warlords, and I highly doubt it will. Common sense tells me it will work with the Warlords expansion, but won't contain it. Then you wouldn't have to spend as much money, and no company would want that. That is unless they release something containing the game and all of the expansions, but I'm sure that won't be for a while.

The more and more I think about it the more and more I think the name "beyond the sword" is refering also to the timeline and not just military vs. civic. They said they'ld expand the modern era alot, and some of the new scenarios are scifi.

Does Civ work with Windows Vista, because I was thinking of getting it on my mac
Yeah, it works great (I have Vista and am loving it)

I would be very surprised if it did contain Warlords, and I highly doubt it will. Common sense tells me it will work with the Warlords expansion, but won't contain it. Then you wouldn't have to spend as much money, and no company would want that. That is unless they release something containing the game and all of the expansions, but I'm sure that won't be for a while.
Yes, BTS don't include the Warlords scenarios, but it will include all the changes like new units, civs, buildings, wonders, ... from the Warlord expansion.

Yes, BTS don't include the Warlords scenarios, but it will include all the changes like new units, civs, buildings, wonders, ... from the Warlord extension.

I didn't see that anywhere...

I heard that they were going to make it modular like the sims... You don'[t have warlords you just don't use vassals or the new civs....

Am sure they will bring out civ4 complete or civ4 total whch includes the 3 packs....

Do they really want to make this modular?
That would be much more difficult to patch the whole thing (twice the work/money to test the different versions). Also it would make mod-making kind of difficult because of two BTS versions (one with and without Warlords).
Maybe they do so but in my opinion that would be a very bad (rip-off) decision.
I think that would be too much work - and I also think that the community don't want such a modular solution.

Do you have a link for the modular thingy?
thx

Very ugly box art
I like it :)
(Expect for the upper part (Games for Windows :vomit:))

The more and more I think about it the more and more I think the name "beyond the sword" is refering also to the timeline and not just military vs. civic. They said they'ld expand the modern era alot, and some of the new scenarios are scifi.

Yeah, it works great (I have Vista and am loving it)

What edition of Vista? The cheap home Edition or the expensive kind? I want this expansion soooooooooooooo badly, I've saved up a ton of money (for no apparent reason), and I don't know what to do with it. So I was thinking of getting Vista on my mac. (I don't want XP because it looks so old and tired)

This game looks Awesome. I can't wait.
Wow, exact date!! I might get it, but we still don't have an official release date for "international"...
I know what it is

Attachments

• RD (427 x 338).jpg
    RD (427 x 338).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 207
Anybody know anymore leaders in the expansion besides Abraham Lincoln, Sitting Bull, and Bodeica?
Please Quote Me!

Awesome. A little later than I'd hoped for, but not much. I'm hoping they do like they did with Conquests and include both. If not, Warlords is out.

What edition of Vista? The cheap home Edition or the expensive kind? I want this expansion soooooooooooooo badly, I've saved up a ton of money (for no apparent reason), and I don't know what to do with it. So I was thinking of getting Vista on my mac. (I don't want XP because it looks so old and tired)

It'll work with any version. However, if you want to run Windows in a window while OSX is running, you'll have to get the expensive $400 one (Ultimate). If you don't mind restarting the computer to get into Windows, any version will work. The cheapest (Home Basic), however, has almost the same look as XP.

I have home premium, which you can buy here for only $112. Even though it says stuff about it being OEM it works just as fine as the retail version. The one con is that it doesn't have free support, but thats a small price to pay for something that costs half price.

Top Bottom