Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Modpacks

Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Sephi
Deity

Science Master of Mana

I do not visit this website anymore, so I won't update this post. If you want to contact me, try the website in my sig. thanks.

Master of Mana

Turn based Strategy in a fantasy world setting

Last edited by Sephi; Nov 10, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Sephi
Deity

post reserved - just in case

Master of Mana

Old Dec 21, 2010, 07:14 PM   #3
keldath
LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

wow sephi!

very impressive!!

how long have you worked on this?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:46 AM   #4
hgthechinese
Warlord

Very nice...love it.

A few balance (IMO) issues I have seen so far:

rangers are too deadly. 3 of my neighbors were wiped out by one civ in about 20 turns , turned out there were more than a dozen rangers running around....w/combat 5 each.... Since it is recon, maybe -50% city attack penalty?

some summons like skeleton seem too expensive for their stats. (Compared with, say, Chaos maunder)

Cities overall seem fairly easy to capture. More defense from buildings? More city-defending special effects/promotions?

Drill promotion line seems way underpowered. All the cool promotions are behind the combat line, and a 20% strength boost is not comparable to a first strike chance or two. Combat promotion line tends to be favored even back in vanilla when it gave only 10% strength bonus, and are generally better in FF, where drill is much more powerful than it is here. Suggestion: boost the drill promotions (maybe make drill I what drill II does right now and so forth, and make drill IV, say, 2 first strikes.), as well as weaken the combat line. (15% strength is great enough, given it has additional perks, and it leads to all the best promotions.)

Lastly, pleeeeease take the time and do the boring part of modding--the pedia. It is a pain to find out exactly what some of the features do, 1 line description will do the trick!! (E.G. for witchhut: provides additional spell research; cannot build improvements adjacent to it.)

Now, back to the game!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:42 AM   #5
Emptiness
[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldath View Post
wow sephi!

very impressive!!
What he said.

Downloading now to try this out!
Emptiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:17 AM   #6
Sephi
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldath View Post
wow sephi!

very impressive!!

how long have you worked on this?
with learning how to mod about 2 years. But it's not just me, a whole team involved. And many playtesters whose feedback was highly valuable. And all the gems created by the modding community...

Master of Mana

Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:25 AM   #7
keldath
LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

i see,

im very impressed with all the features you describe here, not every day you get to see a mod that changes so much. i know you did some good stuff along the years so its gotta be good.

thank you for all the time you spent on this and your team.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 09:33 AM   #8
[to_xp]Gekko
WM junkie

hgthechinese does have a good point about drill being kinda lame compared to combat in FFH, I agree.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:08 PM   #9
dfnehring
Chieftain

CTD when starting new game

I manage to start the game and set up the options for a new game. While the game is set up and the map is loading, I get a crash to desktop with a runtime error in civ4beyondsword.exe. Installing as an administrator, etc. has not helped. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
dfnehring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Sephi
Deity

Did you play a different mod before? I know that the game doesn't delete all options when switching mods, so maybe try to do a PLAY NOW game first.

For example if you play a mod that adds a new difficulty and then switch back to vanilla BTS it can crash because the last used difficulty is not defined.

Master of Mana

Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:56 PM   #11
tchristensen
Emperor

Great looking mod -- I love all the models you have in here. Many of them look like you got them from FFH but there are some new ones in here as well.

I am hoping to incorporate many of the models in version 3 of ExtremeMod. Of course I will give due credit to such a wonderful mod.

Cheers

Amish Johnson and the Pegasus Chamber: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LZ840KW
tchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Ajidica
Nerevarine

Ooooh. Shiny. Definately downloading.
Looking at the poster again, I also like the way that the baby is cocking its head and looking away from the doctor, as if to show that this not merely a skeletal Moai-baby, it's a particularly aloof and disinterested skeletal Moai-baby.-Traitorfish
Cynicism is boringly fashionable.-Ensign Flandry, Poul Anderson
Ajidica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:21 PM   #13
Blue Senshi
Warlord

I'm getting a runtime error when trying to load the map for a new custom game. It happens during initializing graphics. I'm using the 1.01 patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Did you play a different mod before? I know that the game doesn't delete all options when switching mods, so maybe try to do a PLAY NOW game first.

For example if you play a mod that adds a new difficulty and then switch back to vanilla BTS it can crash because the last used difficulty is not defined.
That didn't help. Same result at the same point.

Last edited by Blue Senshi; Dec 22, 2010 at 05:37 PM.
Blue Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:57 AM   #14
dreadknought
timelord

Great looking mod

Downloaded this tonite for my son who loves fantasy mods and it looks stunning and very well done When I tried to do the patch my anti-virus didnt like it for some reason? so not sure on the problem with that but will try it again later.

Link to Realism Invictus MINI MOD Pages, 3 small files with value edits that help turn speed and add a bit of different flavor for fun.

Huge thx to the civ modders !!! You keep the game alive

Long Time Civer***I recommend***

CIV4 (realism invictus) , MUST PLAY MOD...great balance,added content
dreadknought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 08:00 AM   #15
dfnehring
Chieftain

CTD problem

I play normal FFH2; no other mods currently; neither BTS. Play Now and Custom Game both produce the same kind of CTD. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:00 AM   #16
Nor'easter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadknought View Post
Downloaded this tonite for my son who loves fantasy mods and it looks stunning and very well done When I tried to do the patch my anti-virus didnt like it for some reason? so not sure on the problem with that but will try it again later.
I'm using Norton Internet Security and had the same problem with the patch at first. It quarantined it, I think in part because the patch had so few downloads or users that NIS couldn't verify its safety.

I went into the "Quarantine" section of the anti-virus program, selected the patch and removed it from the quarantine.

I don't know what anti-virus program you're using, but you might be able to do something similar.
Nor'easter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:20 AM   #17
Sephi
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfnehring View Post
I play normal FFH2; no other mods currently; neither BTS. Play Now and Custom Game both produce the same kind of CTD. Any suggestions?
just to be sure. You have Beyond the Sword installed and the Patch 3.19? (auto-patcher sometimes screws this up)

Master of Mana

Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:51 PM   #18
dfnehring
Chieftain

CTD problem

Yes, CIV4 + BTS + patch 3.17 (manually installed) + patch 3.19 (manually installed). I have FFH2 running stable, as well as the Start Trek mod. Only Master of Mana crashes.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:16 PM   #19
tchristensen
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfnehring View Post
Yes, CIV4 + BTS + patch 3.17 (manually installed) + patch 3.19 (manually installed). I have FFH2 running stable, as well as the Start Trek mod. Only Master of Mana crashes.
Have you tried my mod -- it is a fairly good test to see to see if you can run a laden down graphic and XML modified Mod. Just a thought.

Amish Johnson and the Pegasus Chamber: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LZ840KW
tchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:31 PM   #20
dreadknought
timelord

Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'easter View Post
I'm using Norton Internet Security and had the same problem with the patch at first. It quarantined it, I think in part because the patch had so few downloads or users that NIS couldn't verify its safety.

I went into the "Quarantine" section of the anti-virus program, selected the patch and removed it from the quarantine.

I don't know what anti-virus program you're using, but you might be able to do something similar.
Yep, thats exactly what is going on, I will try to check on that later, thx

Link to Realism Invictus MINI MOD Pages, 3 small files with value edits that help turn speed and add a bit of different flavor for fun.

Huge thx to the civ modders !!! You keep the game alive

Long Time Civer***I recommend***

CIV4 (realism invictus) , MUST PLAY MOD...great balance,added content
dreadknought is offline   Reply With Quote