Public Investigation Thread

disorganizer

Deity
This thread should be used to state a condition when a public investigation should take place and to collect those accusations and the results of the following discussions and polls. It is not meant to be the discussion-thread for those incidents.

Investigations should take place if:
1) The "Veto-Option" of the cabinet was used in the "Turn-Chat"
2) Someone was devoiced in the "Turn-Chat"
3) Any action was taken in the "Turn-Chat" which was against the decisions of the citizenry.
4) Any action against the constitution was taken by anyone.

The resulting discussion and maybe polls should be taken out of this thread to separate threads, with a link from the coresponding post in here to the thread/poll.

Edit: Remember, this is not an anti-government thread.

This is going to sound strange but I'm reporting myself. The Constitutional Amendment currently in the Council Vote stage does not contain one article that was approved by Citizen Poll. Specifically, the article approved a limiter on the voiced parties in the turn chat. Because there is currently a major discussion and revamping of the turn chat I chose to keep that article out of the Amendment that I submitted for ratification.

I'd like to make sure that this action is taken on its own merit, is supported and (most importantly) won't bite me in the kiester sometime down the road.

Official Warning Letter:

Dear Shaitan,

we had a public investigation of the incident involving the last change of our constitution.
The Citizenry noticed you handled in best will for our nation, so we do not take any further actions against you.

Best regards,
Disorganizer
Constitutional Protection Agency

With this letter, the investigation in now officially closed!
If some citizens see a need for further discussion of this topic, please open a new investigation.

During the May 29 chat, the Science Advisor's queue was not followed. Phoenatica started Theory of Gravity instead of Magnetism in a vote.

Further details:
- It was justified by following the wishes of the citizens for the wonders program.
- Research is listed as debateable in the NSD header.

And if We have saints, who will manage the investigation? We need a canonical Department!

Official start of Public Investigation#4:
Impeachment of the president
as of my request

This is an urgent issue, so i directly started the citizen poll!
Please discuss and vote in investigation#4-thread.

During the 2 June turn chat, citizen votes were held for the construction of Newton's University and Shakespeare's Theatre in PDX. The results were 2-3 against and 3-2 for respectively. PDX completed Shakespeare's Theatre instead of Newton's University. An informal citizen poll in the forum was previously held over the choices of Smith's Trading Company, Newton's University and Shakespeare's Theatre. The results were:

Smith's and Newton's : 9
Smith's and Shakespeare's : 2
Shakespeare's and Newton's : 2

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23527

This may have been a case of not following citizens' wishes in the chat since Shakespeare's Theatre was built before Newton's University (now being built).

2 June Chatlog

The discussion is slightly after half-way through the chat.

Announcment
The way these investigations work is clear. So why dont you start doing it yourself? Post the Start of the investigation in here with a link to a new thread, which should start with "Investigation#". You have enough examples for this now.
I will definitely not spawn any further investigations which are not originated from me.
Help yourself!

Public Investigation#4 Close:
donsig found not guilty

poll results:
23% guilty
58% not guilty
19% abstain
26 votes given

Excellent work putting this together, Dis. I believe the citizenry needed this thread available to them.

Public Investigation#3 Closed:
STG found not guilty

poll results:
19% guilty
71% not guilty
10% abstain
21 votes given

Top Bottom