The Civilization II HOF Thread!

gonzo_for_civ

Chicken Walker
Retired Moderator
I have now taken over and I am in the process of searching through 50+ submissions and updating the page. Despite what it says on the page, we are accepting and you can post your savegames here. Make sure you read the submission rules. Good luck and have fun!

Civ 2 HOF Page

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, there is no address currently on the HOF Page, but everyone can use duke@civfanatics.net until gonzo gets something else set-up.

A couple of weeks ago TF had asked me to update the Civ II HOF, but I never had a chance to do it when my system crashed. Now that I'm up and running again (for the most part), I've shifted to doing the Civ 2 GOTM and PH and gonzo were nice enough to take over the HOF pages.

So, be sure to give them both a hard time and submit as many HOF games as you can. ;)

I have got a game in progress that would make the HoF for King level - I've got a score better than that in 9th place, have had my SS complete for years and it's 1950 something. Unfortunately it's on Playstation so I've got absolutely no way of sending you proof of my achievement. I can't take a screengrab of my telly. :(
Is there any chance that you'd believe me and accept what I tell you? The PS has a city limit of about half the PC version's so I doubt that my record would last for very long if anyone put their mind to it.

Use a digital camera or camcorder for a screenshot. I might not be worth much, but at least a try.
You should also look, whether you can get your hands on a graphic card with a TV-in connection. Then you can plug your PS2 into your computer monitor and take a screenshot.
:D

I haven't got a digital camera either! :cry:

Does anyone (floppa?) with the PS version know if you can access the games that you have in the hall of fame on your memory card? I can imagine that this is not possible but since the Civ 2 save game takes practically a whole memory card I don't want to leave this game on there until I can get my hands on a digital camera. I may just have to let go of my HoF dreams :)cry: again) or create a new HoF thread here especially for the PS version. Although that might attract cheaters or spammers....:cry:

Ah, just buy the computer game, duke and be done with it. I got my Civ2 MGE on ebay for like $9.00 American. Get with the program ;)

Then you can download the DEMOCRACY GAME and see UNITED FANATICA in all its glory!!!!

The above was a shameless advertisement.

Are people actually still doing HoF games with civ2?
This game must be like the energizer bunny.

Should gotm games that qualify automatically go in?

I'm not real fond of sticky threads.Civ3 general is a mess of stickies.Soon it will be a sticky page!!!

Well to answer some questions:

willem: after verification, you wil be kicked out of first if this game isn't a cheat one.

Andu: Yes, there is always room for more submissions.

Soon i will limit each section to 10 or 15 games in the HOF!

Current Status: I am about halfway through these submissions.

Kev - I've got Civ 2 Classic but I haven't got a working PC to play it on as I can't at work and my girlfriend isn't going to let me move engineers all night when I'm at her house. Probably a good thing.

I'd love to play The Civ 2 Democracy Game if I could but I can't so you'll just have to put up with my opinionated claptrap for the time being. Or at least until I can scrape together enough cash for a new PC. I've lost hope of having my PC repaired as it'd cost so much that a new one would be far more sensible.

For those who are interested, I managed to finish the game last night. I would be in 7th place on the King HoF with exactly 4900 points and a rating of 392%. I only reached FT 154, which could have been better but never mind. I got bored a bit in the mid 20th century and didn't improve the land as widely as I should have done but managed to bag all 100 peace points which is the first time I've ever been bothered to do that. The French pet city of Toulouse actually managed to spawn Bordeaux by the end but they weren't going anywhere. Fortunately as I foolishly built the Manhattan Project before launching my SS so if they hadn't spent the entire 20th century researching the Laser then they may have been able to research rocketry and cause me some trouble at the end. Genghis Khan the Magnificent! :D
Some room for improvement though and I really should start to concentrate on building a decent score on Emperor rather than just being satisfied by winning. My new motto is: "Don't just win - win bigly!" :D

Originally posted by gonzo_for_civ
Well to answer some questions:

willem: after verification, you wil be kicked out of first if this game isn't a cheat one.

Andu: Yes, there is always room for more submissions.

Soon i will limit each section to 10 or 15 games in the HOF!

Current Status: I am about halfway through these submissions.

well, then kick me out, cuz it is not a cheat game ;) Maybe it's my bad understanding of english or the english way of expression, but I think you made a little mistake in that sentence, right?

Originally posted by duke o' york
What on earth are you both talking about? I haven't seen any mention of someone submitting a game to the Chieftain HoF anywhere on this thread. :confused:

There already were about 50 submissions, he said, that weren't taken care of yet. So I thought that in those 50 submissions there might be one that kicks me of my #1 spot in chieftain ranking.

Well your chieftain score is damned impressive it has to be said. I realise that since science research is much cheaper on the lower levels then you will get more FTs on chieftain but to still build up all the cities is good. :goodjob: If you'd done it on a higher level then you'd have been very high in all the other HoFs (except Deity :() too.

well, then kick me out, cuz it is not a cheat game Maybe it's my bad understanding of english or the english way of expression, but I think you made a little mistake in that sentence, right?

I think I worded it improperly. What I meant to say is I am currently in progress of checking a game. If the game I am checking is not a cheat game then you will be kicked out. If they did cheat, then you will still be in first. :)

Well your chieftain score is damned impressive it has to be said. I realise that since science research is much cheaper on the lower levels then you will get more FTs on chieftain but to still build up all the cities is good. :goodjob: If you'd done it on a higher level then you'd have been very high in all the other HoFs (except Deity :() too.

The score could've been much higher. As you can see; there is lots of water in the game. Would that have been land, then I could've build more and larger cities. The original plan was to become #1 in chieftain-king. I started with the lowest, and that was such a damn boring record game I quit playing record games.

Gonzo - how's about an update of how you're getting along? How many of the submissions have you done so far and how long do you think it'll be until we can gaze in awe at the new HoF?

It's about 50% done, that's about 27 submissions. I have been busy training my dog lately but I should be done by June 2nd, that is my goal. I am also considering limiting it to the top 10 in each also instead of 17 and 13 and stuff like that like it is now.

Top Bottom