EVG (Elvis) Communication Thread

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Dear Elvis,
Should we send something like this?
What’s it like to be in first place? Is it like a bright summer day, a fresh baked cookie or is it like a woman…somehow? We don’t know either but if your board enough to ponder questions like that then you’re ready for Philosophy.

If you were to give us Alphabet, Math and Code of Law then Xi, Ling Shi will have all he needs to complete his great work, “What’s up Chicken Butt?” Those three techs are all that he needs to live a full and productive life. Please don’t wait any longer, Xi and hundreds of philosophers just like him need your help now.

Peace out,
1889 Assistant Undersecretary for Wastebasket Emptying for CFC

what?...uhhhh No dont send that.

Try to be a bit more serious since humor is not always translated. Also dont let them know we have a scientist for lightbulbing unless we already told them.

We already told them, the deal was put forward awhile back we just never confirmed it and haven't heard much about it since.

don’t know either but if your board enough to ponder questions

try: bored

I really should check the forum pages more, rather than relying on subscriptions :)

So has this been handled? If the trade was set up long ago a reminder is a good idea.

Simon says:
to EVG no longer want to do the philosophy deal?
John - Lord Parkin - emp says:
oh yeah... I think we were still talking it over when you first offered the trade about 4 turns ago, so we declined it while the discussion was going on
however the discussion's about done now
basically several members of our team convinced the rest of us to say no, mostly because they argue it'd be better for us to hold off on letting you get Philosophy and get it first ourselves... to prevent you getting the religion. Sorry, I know it's a bit mean and far from ideal. Just to let you know I wasn't one of the ones convinced, but I was outnumbered...
would have been different if you'd already had the prerequisite techs yourselves, but seeing as you didn't they argued that it wasn't sensible to give them to you so that you could get a further advantage.
a shame really, but..

So maybe we should see if we can get CoL and math from somewhere else. Thats all we need to bulb philo if we get alpha from CBR.

Nobody enjoys my stupid jokes so just a plain message this time.
Greetings Elvises,

We have just succeeded in discovering Philosophy and would like to share it with you. Civil Service is the same price so I hope you will accept an exchange of those two techs.

Looking forward to further cooperation,
Team CFC

Please post comments if you have any, otherwise I'll send this later tonight.

EDIT: sent

Seems about right, i like the jokes and luckily EVG are an english speaking forum so they might understand them!

Just for the record we never got a reply from EVG but BAT has accepted this deal.

I am away from home so I can't load the saves. Can someone post beaker values of those techs?

The message could go something like this.
Dear Elvises,

Got techs?

Okay then...
Dear Elvises,

After over 4,000 years of acapella, barber shop and chant don't tell us you don't want music. Paper (or Opitics) happens to be the same price, but we are more generous than that. Act this turn and we will include a zither and flute.

Bonzai!,
Team CFC

The deal looks okay.

Message sent.

They sayyyyyy:
Dear Thunderfalls,

Thanks for your offer. However, the King has the music in his hips and soul already, and needs no technology to let him unleash it. ;)

He says he'll get back to you if he ever feels like a change, but for now he's doing just fine rocking by himself.

Regards,
Team EVG.

Dear CFC,

We regret to inform you that in this year of 900 AD, the peace between the nation of Thunderfall and the nation of Elvis has come to an end. The reasons for this are numerous, but include the itchy feet of our sailors, the tempting lures of your farmland, the weather lately (it's been awful, hasn't it?), an obscure ancient text which nobody understands (including ourselves), and a mysterious and mystic possum named Hans. Most importantly however, the overriding reason is that our finest critics have determined that your music tastes are simply awful. Our great King cannot rest until he has liberated your ears from those so-called 'songs' which you listen to (even speaking of it makes him shudder!) and brought the true music of Rock and Roll to your lands.

Prepare to be rocked and rolled.

Adieu,
EVG.

So its war they want, well then choose your weapons. Ok, they picked Rock and Roll so what genre will we use in future taunts? I vote for Disco, because nobody would understand allusions to Kenny G.

Top Bottom