Turns 123-140

Wotan

Deity
New thread, the debate re. this stupid game sort of confused things I guess so we continued will into the next set of turns.
I have played the turn but when doublechecking towns spotted a town that will riot next turn, a fringe town so no big deal really but I want it neat and tidy so will change that before submitting the turn. A couple of pics until then. And we have 5 unnamed towns now so get to work on names. Plan is still to land on Saber the last turn of our "treaty" right? And that is turn 129?

would it not be prudent to use those galleys to peek into Council's isle and then return back out of sight?

I think you meant Council.

If we block the three tile sealanes to the coastal bridges then they can't do anything till galleons so let's pound away.

That's what I said correct? The Council's resource isle is within sight of our galleys and then they can get back out of sight to not let their suspicions arise.

Also I think that dumping some on the resource isle and then send the rest toward the mainland is wise in case they take the cowardly route.

About the whole movement thing, I am not 100% sure about it, but I do believe that the last player in a PBEM does see IBT moves just normally, so we might want to ask Gong about that and keep in mind that they can't be exploited like that for intel, should it ever come down to the 2 teams of ours.

Killercane asked if we can give them 200g to run hot on invention. I didn't see an issue with that.
Casey says:
hey bernie you busy?
Whomp says:
Hi Case
Whomp says:
I have a few minutes. Holly's bday party tonite
Casey says:
ah tell her happy bday from one of your civgeek friends
Whomp says:
hehe
Whomp says:
will do
Casey says:
its real quick though, pertaining to civ 3 mtdg
Whomp says:
sorry about the boat btw
Casey says:
Free seems to have education, and I suspect they will hold on and try to get astro+ before handing it over to Council to sort of hide their tech pace
Casey says:
so we are getting started on invention in 5 turns, and if we could get 200 gold from you guys that would make it easier
Casey says:
no problems
Whomp says:
ok i'll post that
Whomp says:
I'm sure it will be fine since we need to burn hard
Casey says:
good deal
Whomp says:
I have to run but let me post that

Happy Birthday Holly !!! :bday: [party]

I think i remember this time last year when you came on msn whomp and started going on about how she was dying in bed but happy birthday anyways! :)

This will sound stupid for sure but why are any of us researching if gong is going to get a load of tech?

For insurance, there's no way of telling wether they'll actually get gunpowder, either of them, with Gong having TGL

Ok, will send 200 gold this turn. Waiting to play until a couple of important things are discussed. I guess we are in no hurry to move this stupid game any faster than needed.

First off it appears Coucil has sold tech to SABER which is a great "casus belli" in my book, they talk to and even trade with those worthless pieces of something unmentionable game exploiters. So lets up the exploits a bit, we plan to wreak havoc among Council towns before "selling" our assests to GONG. We will land the first units on turn 127 just to stirr things up a bit. Then major landing on turn 128 in time to DoW on turn 129. Our deal expires at dawn of turn 129.

But what about we talk to GONG, they build a fleet and lots of GS, send them to the north for a quick passage to FREE. When they are in position at the north side of their resource island we sell them LF for a couple of turns or more so they can move without risks across to FREE and land there. I don't mind giving them/trading maps too help them plan we are after all going to act a bit like kingmakers (hopefully).

Also, what about renaming the two onetiler towns off SABER coast to something smart and "in the eye" of SABER. Like "Next to Exploiters Paradise" or "Game Spoliers Neighbour"? (EDIT: Not arguing these names are smart or anything just examples) I have read the rules and nothing in them about using city naming as part of psych warfare. And after the abusive level of argument that we suffered after questioning SABERs exploitive activities I cannot see why we should not do things as the rules allow us to do them.

Can't wait for this to be over BTW, my first and last MTDG I guess. It's a pity, I have before this incident held several of the SABER guys in pretty high regard. I now feel irritated when going on CFC and seeing Chamnix name in bold letters several times in the first post on the start page. Sad what a game can do to you... And to how you view others.

new names sound marvelous to me. :) I really wish that I had CFC access at work still as I'd at least be able to contribute more. I'm sorry that this experience turned out very badly for you Wotan :(

It's apparent the game has been 3 vs. 2. I will let JB know they need to prepare the sea lanes for Free. I've already sent him a map so they know where to block and attack from (3 tiles of sea once they get caravels and the coastal tiles before that). This means Free can't do anything till galleons and frigates.

It's unfortunate Council and Free are rewarding Saber for sucking. It really taints things...

Ok, so start being inventive guys. We need two good names. 9+ hours to go before we need to post our turn but if we need to I can always ask for an extension.

Re. the MTDG, I should have known this was very likely to happen. In every community there are people who will be rules lawyers and play not according to what is fun but what is allowed. In RL groups the same thing happen and the "oddballs" are ousted from the group when ruining what gaming should be, fun. But in an online community it is more difficult to blackball those who practice such things so it is better to take oneself out of the games where such behaviour is making the most harm, multiplayer games. In SGOTMs you can chose who to play with, the spoilers can spoil games in their own games and I don't have to suffer from it.

I've asked for an extension and plan to play later tonight if a decision has been reach as to what names we should give the two towns. And anything on the GONG front we need to talk about, maps etc. If not tonight then early tomorrow morning.

Game Spoilers and Ninny Britches

Amen to that

going to bed now, recent post from GONG need discussion prior to playing the turn so will wait until later tomorrow to allow for more input and fro diplos to talk some sense into GONG.

Good names Tubby! :lol:

Here's what I sent JB.
Whomp said:
JB,
Remember this part of our deal.
-Teams Gong and Babes will collaborate in research of new technologies. No third team is to be part of this collaboration unless teams Gong and Babes both agree on that.

The other thing to bear in mind is Council seems to have already helped Saber out with techs. I'm not sure why we would want to help them unless you can confirm with us why they can make a case for it.

W

the plan sounds good, nice names also.

Gifting Gong the TGL for a while to attack Free is brilliant...let's tackle them on both fronts and keep Saber for the end.

By the way, I think we can't just gift Gong everything after taking on Council. I guess we need to hang in there until both are eliminated or reduced to 1 tile Islands. If you are too tired of the game, Wotan, there are others that can play a turnset or two...this game shouldn't be a frustration all the way.

As the team's only (and somewhat elderly) female member, may I suggest Grandma's Beefcake for a city name. :D

Top Bottom