[BTS Module] Nazi Germany

ah...so it works when in "My Documents" as well...I guess you're doing something wrong...

so you checked both config files?

the one that comes with the mod and the one that's on the BTS main folder?

Ok, i have the mod in the c:\program files\firaxis games\beyond the sword\mods folder. The config file for beyond the sword is located in the my documents\my games\beyond the sword folder, i have checked this one, and the config file that came with your mod.

Thanks for your pm, its now working! I had put it into the wrong folder, for some reason theres 2 mod folders, one in c:\program files\firaxis games\beyond the sword\mods, and another in c:\program files\firaxis games\civ 4\beyond the sword\mods. Weird! Thanks for the help! :)

I've been studying the posts to learn about using this mod. I can't get the app to load into C:\programfiles ... However, I changed the mod setting to [1] as noted. Does the mod xml setting have to be set to [1] as well?

I set the xml mod in config to 1. Nazi Germany comes up as a civ during the loaded mod set. But when i choose it, the program crashes. Any suggestions?

I don't know what to tell you kabiel, in this case it would seem that is the mod that causes the crash but other users have used it and no problems.

Try the new Nazi Germany, hopefully that one will work for you.

Thanks for reply. Played with it a bit. Discovered changing name of file changed directory as well. Changed it back and it worked fine. What's the new nazi germany? On the one I'm playing the detail doesn't show up well but it may just be my graphic settings. I'm using a 512 mb machine. not good.

That's good to hear (the part about you getting the mod to work)

I would have to agree, 512mb memory pc would not be able to handle civ 4 @ full settings. the new Nazi Germany is just the one I uploaded with new units, check it out on the first page.

man, leave nazis alone, this sh*t should be buried deep at least. and greetings from poland.

So in your opinion, hitler's evil is worse than egypts evil? Egypt enslaved over a million jews. Nero wanted the jews wiped from the face of history. Americans killed thousands of 'indians' in the name of colonization (not to mention how many thousands of africans they enslaved). And of all of these evils you seem to think that one is worse than another? Perhaps you think there is something just about some evil when compared to other kinds of evil? And so now you're going unload the burden you have of not really knowing what you believe on DWOLF because it makes you feel better? That my friend sounds unjust.

It's a video game, grow up. Or maybe you could just stick to the sesame street games since their aimed at teaching fairness and equality, something you don't seem to know a lot about.

So in your opinion, hitler's evil is worse than egypts evil? Egypt enslaved over a million jews. Nero wanted the jews wiped from the face of history. Americans killed thousands of 'indians' in the name of colonization (not to mention how many thousands of africans they enslaved). And of all of these evils you seem to think that one is worse than another?

I don't know where did you find such thesis in my post. I said nothing about DWOLF's work, neither I wanted to offend him, so find someone else than me to unload your burden, friend.

Or maybe you could just stick to the sesame street games since their aimed at teaching fairness and equality, something you don't seem to know a lot about.

I assume you want to offend me, but it's ok, we're on the nets now, right?

So in your opinion, hitler's evil is worse than egypts evil? Egypt enslaved over a million jews.

There is no archaeological evidence that the Jews were ever in Egypt. If they were, it was certainly in numbers less than a million (even the Torah mentions only 600 000, and that is likely a highly inflated number). But most importantly, if Egypt enslaved Jews, it was not out of any unique malice towards them - they enslaved their own population as well. Moreover, Egyptian slavery, it turns out, wasn't exactly what one usually thinks of when one hears the term "slavery". They had property rights, were sometimes paid, and owners had a number of obligations to their slaves, including feeding and housing them properly and even providing them with beer. Slaves were protected from abuse - there were even a sort of child labour laws, which forbid masters from employing juvenile slaves for physically demanding labour.

In other words, it's not a very fitting comparison to Auschwitz!

Nero wanted the jews wiped from the face of history.

Absolutely incorrect. Nero was notoriously unconcerned about the Zealot rebellion, until it was forced to his attention. Herod Agrippa II lost a cavalry force to the Zealots, whereupon he called upon the Roman governor of Syria to assist. He sent the 12th legion, who were defeated. At this point it became something Nero could no longer ignore. He sent Vespasian to put down the rebellion. Roman practice was to defeat resistance, execute the leaders, stamp out any organizations or groups responsible (in this case the Zealots) and then, to disperse the population throughout the empire by resettlement - which is exactly what happened. If Nero had wished to exterminate the Jews, they would no longer exist. His aim was to end the troubles in that part of the empire, and he used the most liberal tactics of the period to do so. Resettlement was an uncommon practice in the ancient world. The usual method was simple extermination and/or chattel slavery of the entire population.

Americans killed thousands of 'indians' in the name of colonization

Granted, but it was not their chief aim. They didn't set out to colonize the West to get rid of the natives, they got rid of the natives to colonize the West. Nazi Germany set out to exterminate the Jewish population in order to exterminate the Jewish population.

It wouldn't be the first time someone has done something like that at all, but your examples are poor.

I've could have sworn kabie was talking to bible, I think his post got deleted. He kabie wasn't talking to you puldzian.

As much as I hate the Nazis...

Their uniforms rock. And the concept of the SS was even cool--minus the idiotic racism part. Yes, it was totally insane what Hitler thought. I mean, did you know he had a castle that was the sacred hq for the SS? He believed, along with Himmler, that the top officers were essentially the Knights of the Round Table returned! He also intended for the SS to act as a feudalistic institution where the members would rule the conquered territory.

Yes, yes, all wrong! So anti-democracy. But so wicked cool like the Empire. You love to hate them, but they have all the cool uniforms and toys.

So, please, I hope you do this well. Please get more pictures up on the first page! Just so you know, I am also wanting to see how the Israel Civ is going.

And just to be clear on some things:

1. Hitler was a nationalist. He will favor Nationalism, if that is possible. Remember that Nazi is simply short for German "Nationalism Party."
2. As such, they were totally against the Communists in Russia because Communism is totally against capitalism--which Hitler kept. He will, therefore, despise State Property.
3. He would definitely favor Police State. Remember the persecution of the Jews and the use of the SA and the creation of the SS and Gestopo (which should also replace the Spy, IMHO)!
4. While dominantly Christian, the SS and the Nazi Party was basically a cult culture that espoused a sort of folk mysticism, worshipping the German/Nordic spirit and body, and German/Nordic ancestors. It wasn't Christian by any means!
5. In many ways, it was paralleled by the rise of the communistic revolution in Russia. There, religion was in contradiction to the new state. In China, Mao declared religion the "opiate of the people."

I wonder with all these changes if this really intended for a regular Civ game. I think it's too highly specialized to be played from start (Ancient Era) to finish. It's better for a specialized scenario, if there isn't one on WW2 already. If that's the case, you're well on your way to creating one small component.

Top Bottom