Bug Reporting

Neither do I. However, replacing BugPath.py with one from v3.0 seems to help! I don't know whether I'll lose something important functionality of v3.5 that way, but it more or less pins the problem down, doesn't it?

Okay then, try this version.

Okay then, try this version.
Still no interface.

I'm sorry, I've been too hasty to say that using the file from v3.0 had helped, it really hadn't. However, both the old v3.0 file and your new one have at least made it possible to enter Civilopedia and Civ Options from the main menu, which was not possible before.

Still no interface. . . . However, both the old v3.0 file and your new one have at least made it possible to enter Civilopedia and Civ Options from the main menu, which was not possible before.

What do you see in Logs/PythonErr.log now? That file is key in telling me where to look for the problem.

What do you see in Logs/PythonErr.log now? That file is key in telling me where to look for the problem.
It's quite short this time:
Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvAppInterface", line 88, in preGameStart

File "CvScreensInterface", line 73, in showMainInterface

File "CvMainInterface", line 2414, in interfaceScreen

File "CvMainInterface", line 740, in getMaxRow

ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero
ERR: Python function preGameStart failed, module CvAppInterface

@Elenhil - Perhaps BUG had trouble creating the INI Files the first time. Try deleting them so they are recreated by deleting all the INI files in "My Games/BTS/BUG Mod".

@Elenhil - Perhaps BUG had trouble creating the INI Files the first time. Try deleting them so they are recreated by deleting all the INI files in "My Games/BTS/BUG Mod".
Err... The only INI file there is Adv Unit Naming.ini - both before the first try and after that. So there certainly is such a trouble.

Err... The only INI file there is Adv Unit Naming.ini - both before the first try and after that. So there certainly is such a trouble.

Oh, and don't delete that INI file. I forgot about that one that we ship with BUG. Most perplexing.

Does ALT + CTRL + O bring up the options screen when you get into the game? If so, what does it show on the System tab?

Can you post (or email me at gmail.com if it's too big) your PythonDbg.log file?

BTW, I think that also this file should be created if not present... (if it is not already in this way)

Actually, this file will not be created. Perhaps the file itself will be created blank, but the advanced unit naming options are not specified individually in the configuration XML file. Instead, one option covers all of the settings (era combined with unit class).

I could leave the INI out of the installation and leave it up to the player to add lines to it, but that seemed prone to error.

@Elenhil - Here is the reporting of the problem in that file (thank you for that):

Code:
20:50:23 WARN : BugPath - cannot find asset file init.xml in Config
20:50:23 ERROR: BugInit - cannot find XML file for mod init

So I think I see what's going on. I'm confused because I thought someone else was using /altroot and got it to work. The problem is that the way BUG locates the XML files doesn't know about the /altroot directory. Civ is no help in this matter.

I think I have a solution, though.

As a temporary work-around, copy the [Custom]Assets/Config folder to your BTS install's Assets folder.

To fix this permanently, I need to find a good place for the user to tell BUG about their /altroot location. To make it as easy for the user as possible, this would be a Python file stored in the CustomAssets/Python/Config folder inside their /altroot location. This way anyone using multiple /altroot locations can use the solution.

I think I have a solution, though.

As a temporary work-around, copy the [Custom]Assets/Python/Config folder to your BTS install's Assets/Python folder (BTS/Assets/Python).
Pardon? There is no Config folder inside CustomAssets/Python/. The only Config folder is one level up, in CustomAssets/. Did you mean that one?

Pardon? There is no Config folder inside CustomAssets/Python/. The only Config folder is one level up, in CustomAssets/. Did you mean that one?

Oh yes. Looks like I need to update the wiki docs -- been a while since I created the folder. I was wondering why I decided to put it inside Python; turns out I didn't! :crazyeye:

I just Downloaded the Bat SVN and have a major issue.

Once I open the BUG Options screen I can't close it! Hitting Exit or ESC does nothing!

I have tried removing the hidden SVN folder (maybe a read-only issue) but it still doesn't work.

I am going to try install it through the .exe now.

Also it says, in the BUG options dialog in lower right hand, that my version of BTS is 3.13 when in fact it is 3.17

EDIT: Alright the .exe worked, though I did specify that it was for BTS 3.17 and I don't know how to do that with the SVN version. Also there was a BUG help button on BUG options screen that wasn't there in SVN version.

@Ironclad - We're working on making a way to use BAT from the SVN, but right now you can't. We have to merge BUG into BAT and change a few files to do a BAT release.

Re: 3.13 on the options screen, that's just a string we put into one of the Python modules. It isn't used by BUG in any way that would break because you have 3.17.

@Cybah - Are you logged in as that user? What is the PATH setting for your Autolog options? Does that folder exist, and can you write to it in Windows normally?

I did not change anything. therefore there is no path/the default path. I'm logged in with Cybah1, yes.

Does that folder exist, and can you write to it in Windows normally?

Yes.

I ran into a bit of a problem with the TechChooser screen. I wanted to make the icons wider but discovered that the self.BOX_INCREMENT_WIDTH line doesn't work anymore. It does absolutely nothing now. I even tried to set it to 0 to see what would happen and there was no change at all.

I ran into a bit of a problem with the TechChooser screen. I wanted to make the icons wider but discovered that the self.BOX_INCREMENT_WIDTH line doesn't work anymore. It does absolutely nothing now. I even tried to set it to 0 to see what would happen and there was no change at all.
It does work but it gets set (and reset) at different parts in the file - search for all occurrences.

To the people experiencing the "no interface" problems: How did you install BUG? As a mod using the EXE or some other way?

Top Bottom