Immortal no wonder game

shyuhe

Deity
Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've started my own SG. This time I'm looking to start an immortal SG. Hopefully a few emperor/immortal+ players will join us for a good game :) The variant rule is that we can't build any wonders. Which means our excess hammers will probably go to ... :assimilate:

I'm open to the suggestion of allowing wonder construction without completion but I'm not sure we'll need that. Standard SG rules, and I propose the following game settings (again open for suggestions):

Map: Continents
Civ: Darius (hey he has immortals!) or Cyrus
Size: Standard
Game speed: Normal
Victory condition: Any
All other map settings are standard.

Roster:
shyuhe
open
open
open

Immortal and no wonders, that'll be tricky and then some.

Surely lurking!

Perhaps no world wonders may be a better limitation than all wonders. I'm also assuming that shrines don't count as wonders too.

If you are counting both National and World wonders for this variant, this will be a very interesting and difficult variant. However if its only world wonders, it is not nearly as bad. Players generally dont build too many world wonders (especially early) on immortal + anyways. However you do miss out on some late age wonders when you can afford to put hammers into them.

Good luck, will be lurking.

No world wonders would probably be better than none at all, Immortal's hard as it is. I think I'll stick to lurking for this one though, I find Immortal very hard and don't really have enough experience on it yet. I also doubt I'll have much free time after the next week or two.

I would be interested in playing this, but I only have Vanilla :(

I'll be lurking though, this sounds like a fun one - especially if you restrict it to national wonders as well.

This will probably be a BtS game. Sorry I forgot to mention it but I thought Darius would make that obvious. Of course we can play Cyrus as well, but I think Darius will be more useful...

While we could run vanilla with Cyrus, I think that's actually a harder game than immortal bts. But if it'll be easier to get more players on vanilla, I'm open to that idea.

I am up for Immortal on BTS, a significant question if BTS is are we playing Aggressive AI or not...Aggressive is I feel the stronger AI.

Do we get to build Shrines? / Found corporations.

Ralph

ok, looks like a roster is forming here.

Roster:
shyuhe
Ralph_Jackson
sooooo (I hope that's the right number of o's)
open
(open)

I'm definitely thinking no aggressive AI. I have checked shrines/corporations. Holy city actually counts as a wonder (go figure) as do shrines and corporate HQ. I don't know whether we should count any of those three as wonders though, since they're rather dubious... Holy city definitely shouldn't count as a wonder. What do you guys think of shrines and corporate HQ?

I'm not really experienced on immortal, but have had success on emporer, so if that is ok, I am in.

Don't mind about shrines or corporate HQs. Are we waiting for the patch? I think we should. According to alexman at Apolyton it should be out early this week.

Also, personally I like to play with the NFV (No Vassals) option checked, but I understand if you guys want them on.

My own view would be that Shrines and Corp HQ's should be allowed as for me no Wonders refers to what you can build with :hammers:

Sweeetacshon - Weclome on board. success on Emperor sounds like plenty of experience to me!

So I am happy with
Passive AI
No Vassals Sounds like a fun "twist"
Whatever definition our mighty leader comes up with for No Wonders

I think we should wait for the Patch if it is that imminent..

indeed waiting for the patch sounds like a good idea. I will hold off on generating until it comes out later this week (keeping my fingers crossed here).

Consensus is that shrines and corp HQ don't count as wonders. We can do no vassals if you guys want. I personally think vassals in BtS are pretty handy but I can do without them.

Oh and I forgot to ask about the consensus of partially building wonders without completing them - allowed or disallowed? I have no preference either way since the use of this will probably depend on whether we have stone/marble or not.

Welcome aboard sweetachson. I think most of us here are emperor/immortal players so you're more or less in the same ball park :)

Sweeetacshon - Weclome on board. success on Emperor sounds like plenty of experience to me!

Of course, I didn't mention the losses ;)

I can take or leave vassals, it doesn't bother me either way. As for partial building wonders... it would seem to slightly go against the idea of no wonder building. Granted, you don't get the full effect of the wonder, but you still benefit by building (partially) a wonder... if that makes sense. So I vote no.

I'd be up for joining.

IMHO Darius is one of the stronger leaders, and no world wonders is not a huge constraint at immortal. I'm definately hit or miss at that level tho.

I'd vote for leaving the vassals in--I think it makes it harder. I find the AI-AI vassalization more of a threat than any benefit I get from it.

Ok. I think we have enough for a roster since Giaur may be joining us as well. I think we will leave vassals on, partly to make it a little harder and also to make things more interesting :)

As ungy has mentioned, we'll be playing with one of the strongest leaders (the UU is almost as broken as the quecha) so as long as the map generator doesn't screw us, I think we should have a good shot.

Top Bottom