Five New Civ4 BTS Wallpapers

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Firaxis has sent over 5 official Civ4 Beyond the Sword wallpapers created by Firaxis artist Ryan Murray. You can view and download them from our gallery:

EDIT: You can download all these wallpapers in various resolutions from this link. Available resolutions are 1280x1024, 1600x1200, and 1920x1200. The size of the zip file is 5.85 MB.

Thanks to Firaxis for these beautiful wallpapers!

People are waiting for a Patch. What we get is a few wallpapers.

Sorry couldn't help it.

I really like the one with Charlemagne
Boudica is crosseyed.

People are waiting for a Patch. What we get is a few wallpapers.

Sorry couldn't help it.

I really like the one with Charlemagne
Boudica is crosseyed.

Don't be ungrateful. Maybe Ryan Murray - who created these - didn't or isn't working on that patch. It's an entirely different project.

I'm unhappy about not having the patch but no need to knock someone's work in the process. I'm also glad and grateful for these beautiful wallpapers.

Don't be ungrateful. Maybe Ryan Murray - who created these - didn't or isn't working on that patch. It's an entirely different project.

Thats true. Its also true that they could use the money they are using to pay him to make pointless wallpapers to pay programmers to make a useful patch.

GUYS, THE PATCH WILL BE OUT SOON. THESE WALLPAPERS WERE REALLY HARD WORK AND THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PATCH. HAVE SOME RESPECT. Sorry for all caps. :D

Why it always the same ones??

where I can get wallpapers like this ones of the King of Globalization (D.João II)

I'm unhappy about not having the patch but no need to knock someone's work in the process. I'm also glad and grateful for these beautiful wallpapers.

GUYS, THE PATCH WILL BE OUT SOON. THESE WALLPAPERS WERE REALLY HARD WORK AND THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PATCH. HAVE SOME RESPECT. Sorry for all caps. :D

First, I was not ungrateful. I just thought the timing was rather inappropriate and that is what I meant to say. People here are eagerly waiting for a patch. Just before this patch is supposed to come out (allegedly early next week), when everyone here isc learly impatient to play with the patch, Firaxis releases a few wallpapers... That is like waiting for a big firework to explode and all you get is a little fizzle.

If I was working at Firaxis' marketing department, I would have delayed these wallpapers until the patch is out. My spin would have been something like this (with a bit more subtlety), "and here are these nice wallpapers for your patience"
It would have made for a nice cherry on top of the cake... Right now, the marketing effect of these wallpapers is diluted by the fact that the patch is still not out.
Bad timing, that's all.

I know, Bryan Murray is a graphic artist and that it's obvious he can't change anything with the patch.
That's why I said "sorry I couldn't help it". That's just what came through my mind when I saw this news.

Yes they are beautifully made. Except Boudica which seems a bit crosseyed to me.

On a sidenote: Would everyone calm down please! My comment was not that "whinny".

Nice looking, would be nice to see higher res ones (1920x1200 and 1920x1440), which could be scaled down.

As it is, these are any combination of blurred, distorted, or only taking up a small portion of my desktop.

You can download all these wallpapers in various resolutions from the link below:

http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ4/graphics/bts_wallpaper.zip

Available resolutions are 1280x1024, 1600x1200, and 1920x1200. The size of the zip file is 5.85 MB.

They're nice, but I'd prefer other leaderheads on my desktop, Justinian I or Joao II

Top Bottom