Emperor SG

OOPS! This one dropped off my radar for some reason (read: I am too stupid to subscribe to threads properly).

I can grab this in roughly 48 hours!

this is my official 'got it'. Been looking at the save: We really should build up troops :eek: beeline for tanks? That might involve trading steel to Peri for Corporation.

is anyone who ever played in this SG using some sort of mod besides the unofficial 3.13? This game causes many more crashes than my other SGs, while I have hardly any crashes in single player games.

I'm using BUG 2.0 mod. Which is supposed to be unaltered gameplay but it does cause crashes when the event log is opened for players without BUG mod.
Other than that I've been fine with it.

By the way apologies if anybody is getting the event log crashes, I didn't realize that would happen when I installed the mod.

I'm using BUG 2.0 mod. Which is supposed to be unaltered gameplay but it does cause crashes when the event log is opened for players without BUG mod.
Other than that I've been fine with it.

By the way apologies if anybody is getting the event log crashes, I didn't realize that would happen when I installed the mod.

That's not it. Rather, my grafix card has problems, sometimes reproducible (e.g. 'move that spy to that tile and WHAM!), sometimes not. Also, I get Pollocks as well as bluescreens: the screen is covered by meaningless colored squares :lol: These are limited to SGs.

I'll try to play again today. Yesterday I managed half a turn in 1 hour, with 5 crashes.

sorry, but it is no good! Often, the game crashes right after loading, and I didn't even manage two full turns by now. Coherent gameplay is totally impossible this way.

I have the slim hope that when I get my work laptop back (broken windows 2000 is being repaired) I can play this game. It has a private partition, on which I am allowed to install games. Until then I must step down from this game. :(

Sorry, this week has been an unmitigated disaster for me. Can I get another skip? I should be good to play in a few days.

IHT
All looks good. The landscape has changed much in 10 turns. Railroads and newly aquired tiles.
A few unhappy faces showing up as we get larger, I'll start on a few colloseums/theatres which we'll need for the upcoming war.
Tone down research a little to still get combustion in 1 turn, partly a Civ 3 habit but also to get a better view of where to go next turn.

Turn 251
Combustion is in. Obviously we held off on corporation to get the most out of the GL, sadly we're going to have to say goodbye to it soon, Corps needed for Assembly Line which is needed for Industrialism. Decide though that we should learn how to fly. Start on flight.
Build more railroads, mainly around Carthage. Mines and lumbermills first of course. 10 turns left on Broadway.

Turn 252
The option to build Moai in Sabratha shows up, Someone at CFC once said to me that you should not wait too long to build the Moai Statues as your wasting a lot of hammers hanging on for the ideal site, I kind of keep that in the front of my mind every game now. Sabratha has aqueous and can build it in 5 turns so seems like the best choice.

Turn 253
Pericles suggests a trade, Biology for Military Tradition and 760 gold. I took it but wish I'd have swpped it for the corporation immediately afterward. :wallbash: :smoke:
Dial up Pacal to see what he's up to, (does anyone else like Pacal's industrial age music, it's my favourite) he'll go back to war with Pericles for Biology and Electricity. Something to think about.

IBT
Great meditator event offers us peace with Justinian, think about it and decide to take it. Also wish I hadn't done that immediately after too (double :wallbash: & :smoke:, Zara drops back to Pleased and we still have bad relations with Justinian.
And to top it off Pericles completes Broadway. I'm just filling out the last few details on Pericles' detah warrant.

Turn 254
Theatres in Carthage and Hippo complete removing the red faces there, they'll grow again pretty soon so more happiness buildings are ordered up, a Confucian Academy in Carthage and a colloseum in Hippo.

Turn 255
We get a 457 gold refund for Broadway. Start building rifles as it's our Heroic epic city.
Civ 4 crashes when I Alt-Tab back into the game. I don't get many CTDs. Strange.
Load Civ 4 back up and spark up the auto-save.

IBT
Zara asks for us to help in his mighty crusade. I accept and he moves back to Friendly.
Flight comes in, toss up between Radio and Corp=>Assembly line. Choose Radio.

Missed a few turns out but they were pretty boring.

Turn 260
This turns sees gems pop near Sabratha :goodjob: . Sabratha also finishes it's drydock so a destroyer is ordered for a bit of naval power.
Upon checking the active trades notice we're getting sheep off Pericles for Pig, I cancel that, we've got our own sheep now thanks Peri.

We've got a nice healthy science rate and an even healthier cash surplus, we're at over 100Gpt at 80% science generating 1600 beakers. Our GDP is 25% better than 2nd place.
1400 gold is in the kitty which is more than enough to buy the National Park in Oea (990 gold). It'll take 20 turns ATM as it's stagnating working a lumbermill. There's not much point rushing it until we at least have all the forests/jungles preserved, and by then it may even have been hand-built in which case it should get some infra rushed otherwise we'll only have free citizens :lol:
I rushed a couple of banks and an airport but at 20% tax it may not have been worth it but it will allow us to have a huge income at 100% tax for any upgrades or rushed units we may need in the future.
An Ironworks city needs to be decided on, I'm nominating Hippo and Hadrumetum, the former having more river for watermills while the latter is currently pumping more shileds.
Thapsus won the bid for the Moai in the end, it's 3 turns away from completion so can be vetoed. A cash refund is owing from Sabratha as I swtiched with 1 turn to completion there.
I built a grand total of 4 rifles and 1 cannon to give our armed forces some credibilty but we're still at 60% the power of Pericles and Pacal who are still the only civs we can see the demographics of despite dl123654's efforts. Actually the reason for the lack of espionage info on the others is we've split our EPs 'twixt Peri and Pacal, we should catch them up on spending soon I hope.
Our scout guarding the Southern Peninsula has been given a go-to order to Pacal's borders for some intel gathering.

I'm an idiot. I left the save-game at home and I've since played another game, I hope the Auto-save is still there :cringe:

The Save.
ugh that was slow, dial up (shudder)

It's an suto-save sorry. I lacked the foresight to replay my last turn. Next player gets 'one more turn' :twitch:

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    378.4 KB · Views: 70
Hello, hello, hello
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?

Come on, come on down,
I hear you’re feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain,
Get you on your feet again.

Relax, relax, relax
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move, but I can’t hear what you’re saying.

When I was a child, I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I’ve got that feeling once again.
I can’t explain, you would not understand.
This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

:band: :rockon:

OK, OK, OK
Just a little pin prick.
There’ll be no more, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh,
But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up, stand up, stand up.
I do believe it's working good.
That’ll keep you going for the show.
Come on, it’s time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move, but I can’t hear what you’re saying.

When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look, but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child has grown, the dream is gone.

ROSTER
MrFelony <retired >
dl123654 <UP>
Zargon <on deck>
50_dollar_bag <played>
Simple Simon <computer issues >

I'm ready if dl123654 needs a skip/swap.

Research:Still maintaining our tech lead, finished Radio, did Corperation, Assembly Line, Facism (free GG) and mostly finished Industrialization.

Diplomacy:No changes, Justinine is willing to talk peace, sent a destroyer over there to blockade his capital, the next player will need to start that though. Mayas got another Great Artist and walked it through our territory, it didn't help them too much in the south though.

Military:Other then that destroyer I built a few bombers while waiting for tanks.

Buildings:Focused on health, factories, rushed the national park, now that city is a good production city (much better when they get a few more buildings), also build a considerable amount of airports. Started the ironworks in our highest production city (although they stopped for now to build a factory).

Great People:Along with the free Great General a Great Scientist was born, those two along with the Great Merchant are waiting in the capital to do something.

Save

Got it. Will play today or tomorrow

Ok, I'm going to send the merchant on a trade mission. Dunno what to do with the scientist, but bulbing might be the best option.

Been a while since I've seen it, but it looks good.

Traded pacal iron for 8 gpt (he's already got 2)

Losing ivory to industrialism hurt. First, we lost 2 happy in most all our cities, then we lots of gpt trades went out the window, and Zara made me pay an arm & a leg to get silk back.

After this, I pretty much went into building mode to recover from the massive health and happiness loss from losing ivory and the trading fallout from that. It's looking much better, but there's still some work to do on this.

The ironworks city lost two pop, it wasn't really avoidable, and I interrupted the ironworks building several times to build more infrastructure in the hopes that it won't lose any more when the ironworks is completed.

The merchant is sitting in Zara territory now, pick a big city. For reference, Asoka's Vija-------- city on the west coast would have net 2700 gold. It was only size 14, so I assumed I would get more by moving east, but that might actually be moving closer to our capitol instead of further away. It's hard to say.

I started hollywood in one of the middle cities with solid production. It's due in

I didn't do anything with the scientist or the general.

I built the forbidden palace in one of the southern cities to reduce maintenance there, since it looks like we are going to close this out peacefully, and not go expanding.

Also, the destroyer got sunk, but not before pillaging his seafood and blockading him up for 5-6 turns.

Attachments

• mrfelony AD-1820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    397.8 KB · Views: 48
OK I've got it.

I would play tonight but I need some more input.
Are we going to space or do we want a bit of war?
Ethically we've already done the dirty on Pericles/Pacal by instigating a war so do we want to go further by declaring on one or the other or both?

Personally Pericles has pushed me into the 'annoyed' region by beating us to those wonders so I have no qualms about attacking him and maybe leaving Pacal alive, Pacal will probably even help us out.

But I can understand if the rest of the team wants to see this out the quicker and easier route of space.

My vote is for taking out Pericles the off to the stars.

An alternative that I hadn't thought of for the merchant could be to found sid's sushi. We haven't got an overabundance of seafood to use it, though.

If we can field an army with a sufficient tech edge to steamroll the two of them, then I've got no problem with it. I want to avoid a protracted war, though. I wouldn't want to focus too much on this war and lose to space or culture from the other continent.

Top Bottom