Praetorian reskin

magicmoon44

Chieftain
This is something that has bugged me for a long time having praetorian as the Roman UU makes no sense the Praetorian Guard is the Ancient equivalent to the Secret Service their only goal was to protect the Emperor at all cost so i did this

EDIT: you have to set the nif in the zip as the nif AND the shader nif

Here is the download link
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/127663/legionary.zip
Screenshots

Also for extra accuracy to change the flag to Red makes more sense historically wise because purple was the color of the S.P.Q.R. red was the color of the juliuii the faction which founded the empire (Julius, and Augustus Duh)
you go into the Civilizationsinfo.xml now this is where it depends on what your playing

For vanilla: (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Civilizations) search for Rome Find the line that says playercolor change DARK_PURPLE to DARK_RED

For warlords or BTS: (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Insert Game Here\Assets\XML\Civilizations) do the same as for vanilla but then search for russia go to the playercolor line it should say DARK_RED change it to either ORANGE (like in vanilla) or you can change it to DARK_PURPLE

to change praetorian to legionary is a little to hard to explain so I'll post the xml later

Credits:
original model: hacked from game files
Hacking model: ME!!
Removal of crest: seZereth
reskin: ME!!

Edit: do you people think i should use the normal button
or this

Thank you so much! This looks beautiful! About time we got back to the true legions...

EDIT: Well, I've run into a problem already. I get the "corrupted download" message. Any ideas?

yes there is it is looking for a different nif you have to go to the art folder in the xml and change the unit art and you have to set the nif in the folder to Both the nif and shader nif like this

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_ROME_PRAETORIAN</Type>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/legionary/legionary.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Roman/Praetorian/Praetorian.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/legionary/legionary.nif</SHADERNIF>

now mind me that in the xml it would be spaced different

EDIT: the reason it is named like that is because I'm working on a Rome mod which will have this unit in it and several "What if" unit

Any comments, criticism anything?

This is very cool... I'll be sure to include it in my mod.

Thank you all of you and I'm very close to releasing the beta version of my mod so look for sometime over the weekend

nice... ;) :p

Oddly enough, the posts wherein magicmoon replied to all my questions above seem to have disappeared as well. ;)

No screenshots, so I'm not sure, but if that's supposed to be the "Praetorian" with the helmet crest removed (plain helmet) and he looks more like a Legionarre, I have that reskinned guy in the Wolfshanze Mod.

Top Bottom