best way to set a rally point

I don't think I've ever used a rally point. If I did I would probably forget to change it when something important comes up.

Yes, with large empires and lots of units pumping out, you need a rally point, for micro management purposes. I take the OP to be asking the question of how to set it. If that's not your question, then I don't understand. There is no mention of how to set the rally point in the civpedia, so if you lost the manual it can be frustrating figuring out how. What you do is click the city bar and then hold down shift and then right click the tile you want to send the troops to. You will see a little yellow circle around it. That means that the city who's bar you clicked will send its troops to that circle. If you want to do this on continent wide basis, simply hold alt and click a city bar, you will then select all cities in your empire. Now just hold shift and right click a tile and all the cities on that continent will send troops to that spot. Hope that helps ;)

hah thank you good sir, that's what i was looking for

actually while i'm here, i got another q if that's alright. i've just taken a city from an enemy, and right by the city name is a fist with a colon and number. what does that number mean?

that number is how many turns are left before the city comes out of revolt

Anyone knows how to delete a rally point? I usually set it into the ocean if i don't need it anymore but this has some (obvious) disadvantages too. It should be easy but i never quite figured it out.

Anyone knows how to delete a rally point? I usually set it into the ocean if i don't need it anymore but this has some (obvious) disadvantages too. It should be easy but i never quite figured it out.

Yeah, it's a bummer when all your medieval age units drown because their armour is so heavy.

Does anyone read those messages when loading? Rally points is one of them.

OTOH every one seems to know not to fight land wars in asia :lol:

I guess this is a bit old, but it did answer my first question. My second... How do you undo a continental rally point? Can't set it to one city, or other cities will all just flock there.
I would like an answer for this as well.

That doesnt delete the rally point, it just resets its position. And it has to be done for each city manyally.

Is there an easy way to remove rally points as opposed to merely moving them around? I kinda wanna use them but its such a damn pain to manage them.

Perugia said:
Just refer to the GameText_Strategy.xml Strategy Article in the War Academy.
The tips you mention are numbers 356 and 398.
356 is not exactly how I remember it. I use BUG mod, that must've affected those so the one I remember says clearly how to remove them. 356 in the original version is not that clear tbh.

398 is great though :lol:

Top Bottom