3CC AW PTW Monarch

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.

I am neutral between Persia AWR Continents, and Vikings, AWR Pelago. (We could be able to try monarch on the Pelago.

I think Iroquois Conts AWR might be good too, for these reasons.

1. EXP trait means our scouts can pop us some good AA techs.
2. The best time of game to do warfare is the AA. It was shown in this game, as we conquered Japan early, when the # of cities we had wasn't that much less than they had. If we have horses, which is probable as they appear on hills, plains, and grasslands, we can build MW. For 30 shields, 3 attack and 2 movement is pretty good.

That's my 2 cents.

EDIT: We should also think about getting another player, now that Glenmetz won't be with us. 4 players is on the low side for a SG.

Isn't Iroquois Agri+Commercial?

Anyway, Expansionist isn't all that useful in an AW game. You want to keep your scouts from going too far, otherwise you get enemy stacks too early. In addition, scouts can be killed to easily.

Iro's are Exp/Religious in Vanilla and PTW. They are Agri/Comm in C3C.

Isn't Iroquois Agri+Commercial?

Anyway, Expansionist isn't all that useful in an AW game. You want to keep your scouts from going too far, otherwise you get enemy stacks too early. In addition, scouts can be killed to easily.

Exp = no bad huts and a bigger anti-barb combat bonus (I think it doubles, so on Regent it'd be 100%? I'm really not sure though...) = almost no chance of losing barb-raiding units.

Yeah...didn't think about that problem Tasslehoff.

The only drawback i have against the Vikings is that I'm afraid the Zerk comes too late for us. Also, are there curraghs for early exploring in PTW?

No Curraghs in PTW.

Ok, now I get it. Qoou, can you roll up a start as the Persians or Vikings?
Its time we get try 2 going.

Will get starts as soon as this IT finishes; 40civ games take a long time to play...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/133052/Xerxes_of_the_Persians_3000_BC.SAV
Turn 1-2

Choose a starting position by 2 cows, 1 hut, and coast; the cows will make up for the mountain.
Start on warrior and research IW. Get pottery from hut. Send worker to cow.
Mine first.

Turn 6-7

War=>war; send war east; send worker to other cow

Turn 12-14

war=>settler; there's a lot of BG's east; send work to BG; pop barbs

Turn 20

We pop CB

I'd settle where our current settler is. Our 3rd town could be 1NE of the mountain on the peninsula, or we could settle it along the eastern river (and get more corruption)

If we see someone's borders or scout but don't make contact, I think we should definitely wait till we get immortals. I'd research Alphabet at min next: we need money for upgrades, and AI typically get Alph before IW and Pottery. We should also start stockpiling wars in the capital, and use forest chops to finish 'raxes faster. The worker is currently roading towards the wines and 2nd city.

My two cents:

You're exploring too much. We don't want lots of wars yet; bring the warriors back home, and make sure the settler gets defended.
Second, get a warrior to check out land directly N of Persepolis- NOT TOO FAR. The third city should be either there or on the river NE.
The worker shouldn't be mining the hills yet- connect the grapes and our new city instead.
Persepolis should go settler-> either worker or warrior.

I agree-settle in place. Definitely bring the warrior back due west and check out the north. If there is no good land up north, I'd consider building city 3 two tiles NE of the mountain in our little southern peninsula. 4 BGs and possibly more under all those forests. It also has better defence, as the only way it can be approached is by sea or through our 2 northern cities.

I guess I'll go now, since I have time. However, I'd like for Choxorn or qoou to post a final decision on the 3rd city spot. Also, should I play 20 turns, or 10?

Here's a roster:

Killerkid: UP
Tasslehoff: ON DECK
Choxorn: In the hole
Qoou:Just Played

I'd use the western warrior to look for borders and only then bring him back home. The worker is roading, not mining. Settler=>worker sounds good, but if we can do settler=>settler that'd be better IMO; our 2nd city can build a worker too. 3rd city on the peninsula would be good; if we build it 3 NE of the mountain instead of 1NE of the mountain, we gain 2 forests but lose 1BG and get more corruption. Also, N of capital looks like all plains and some hills.

Killer, you can do 20 if you want, but we should do 10 ea from now on until we get to Industrial.

I agree with what killer and Tassle said- don't let the Warriors stray to far from Persepolis.

And yeah, settle in place.

OK, I'll play 10 now.

Qoou: Persepolis doesn't need to go settler>settler-Only 3 cities!

I will put the 3rd city in a spot on a river w/ 4 BGs and plenty of grass to the west of capital.

OK. I'm done.
We founded Pasargadae in place, and Susa on the peninsula. I ended up not founding Susa west, as the French were there, and I didn't think we could cope with starting too close to them. However no contact was established with the French, so no wars yet.

The set:

Spoiler :
Turn 0-ZZZZ

Turn 1-2950-Found Pasargadae. Start on spear.

Turn 2-2900-Move warrior to a mountain-see pink border. No contact made thankfully.

IBT-Persepolis settler>warrior

turn 3-2850-move settler towards peninsula spot.

turn 4-ZZZ

Turn 5-2750-ZZZ

Turn 6-2710-Worker starts roading the grapes. Our warriors are near our home.

Turn 7-2670-ZZZZ

Turn 8-2630-get wines hooked up.

Turn 9-2590- Found Susa, start on warrior.

IBT-Persepolis Spear>Worker

Turn 10-Keep new spear in Persepolis.

As you can see, pretty uneventful.

Our land:
Spoiler :

SAVE:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/62562/Xerxes_of_the_Persians_2550_BC.SAV

Let's build some archers and get France while they're weak.

Let's build some archers and get France while they're weak.

Immos=t3h ultimate pwn right now: 4 att can kill anything, and 2 def can hold back everything else; France probably doesn't have IW or HBR yet; we need to wipe them out as soon as we get a stack of 4 immos.

I'd build a work in our 3rd town, get raxes ASAP in our first 2 towns (forest chops?), and min research so we can upgrade 4 or so wars in the capital.

A few archers could probably beat them, and I don't think we want a GA this early. ;)

Top Bottom