HOF III Update

Marsden

Keeper of the HoF Annex
Hall of Fame Staff

The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 22 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Niklas for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a 690 BC Tiny Deity Domination game for 19812 points.

Congratulations to Chamnix for wining G-III Upsilon with a 1550BC win.
The new Gauntlet is a new approach by the Staff, the full details of which are here.

Marsden was the most active player during this update, submitting 6 games.

No one was brave enough to take on Sid this update.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Niklas with a 690 BC Tiny Deity Domination game for 19812 points.

keldr with a 2050 AD Small Monarch Histographic game for 8723 points.

Marsden with a 1405 AD Large Monarch Spaceship game for 5335 points.
Tone with a 1050 AD Huge Monarch Spaceship game for 8181 points.

Aigburth with a 850 AD Tiny Regent Spaceship game for 4929 points.
Tone with a 1360 AD Huge Regent Cultural 20k game for 6637 points.

Chamnix with a 1550 BC Huge Chieftain Conquest game for 3656 points.
Tone with a 380 AD Small Chieftain Diplomatic game for 2072 points.

Congratulations to Tone for rising from 6th to 5th, to Scratcher for rising from 17th to 16th and to bluejay for rising from 22nd to 21st in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to Karl_t_great for falling from 5th to 6th, to Rustwork for falling from 16th to 17th and to Sandman2003 for falling from 21st to 22nd in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to azzaman333 for no longer being a Quartermaster.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:

Machiavelli : Ozymandius became a full Machiavellian. Marsden rose from 10th to 8th, Scratcher rose from 16th to 15th, PrinceMyshkin rose from 17th to 16th, Mad2rix rose from 29th to 28th and BlackBetsy rose from 33rd to 32nd. azzaman333 is no longer a Machiavellian.

Pentathlon : killercane rose from 13th to 12th, Marsden rose from 14th to 13th, PrinceMyshkin rose from 15th to 14th, archphoenix rose from 16th to 15th, Dianthus rose from 19th to 17th, a space oddity rose from 25th to 24th, EMan rose from 31st to 30th, eldar rose from 34th to 33rd and Warelit rose from 39th to 38th.

Octathlon : Chamnix rose from 3rd to 2nd, Marsden rose from 7th to 6th, keldr rose from 39th to 33rd, eldar rose from 38th to 37th and BlackBetsy rose from 43rd to 42nd.

Histographic : keldr rose from 68th to 46th.

Darn. Missed the deadline. I finished two games this weekend that should make me a Pentathlete.

Also started a Deity game, which I hope to use as a Histographic entry - early days, but it's looking promising.

Bad luck Azzaman btw. The conquests are pretty full. The least full tables ar Large/Huge maps on Emperor or Deity - that's what i'll be aiming at.

Azzaman has passed on.... to Civ 4 and I don't think he's too worried. ;)

Good to see you, Marsden, submitting 6 games. :goodjob:

It's comforting to see an HOF Administrator practicing what he preaches..................or dictates! (just joking) :lol:

Congrats to all the competitors........a surprisingly high percentage of number 1 slots from the total submissions! :goodjob:

Good to see you, Marsden, submitting 6 games. :goodjob:

It's comforting to see an HOF Administrator practicing what he preaches..................or dictates! (just joking) :lol:

Congrats to all the competitors........a surprisingly high percentage of number 1 slots from the total submissions! :goodjob:

Considering they're mostly chieftain, it's not very impressive. Actually, one of the first things I asked when I was requested to join the staff in the middle of the night with ropes and a big sack over my head was "Can I still play?" so if they said I couldn't you would have another hatchetman/dictator staffer to deal with. :lol:

Top Bottom