Religion and Corporation Screens

Good that it works I just saw the edit. I don't know if you are interested in some sort of trade goods economy or not. But faichele is adding right now to the WoC some new things to the SDK to allow to make a new resource from the from another resource in cities via buildings.

He is also adding quantities to the resources. Anyway he plans a maintenance file afterwards to show how much of a quantity is required to feed or make happy or whatever.

Corporations I thought to expand after some of this implemented. I wanted to make guilds as well. And having them act slightly different. And I guess you already know the WoC has 186 spaces for corporations in the Font files. Well anyway just to let you know.

And I guess you already know the WoC has 186 spaces for corporations in the Font files.

Well no, I didn't. Thanks for that info, I was actually wanting to ask you if it was possible to expand that section in the GameFonts file. What is this WoC anyway, think you could provide a link to it? It sounds like it's adding a bunch of stuff I'd be interested in.

Another thing I'd like to know, I discovered that I can have a special building that requires a particular corporation. The problem is that the corporate icon doesn't show up in the "Must have" area in the Civilopedia like the ones for religions do. Is there something I need to activate in order to get that to show?

I was also wondering if it's possible to trigger a religion by constructing a building, like Corporations do. I have a corp that gets created by a Prophet , kind of a take on the Transcendental Meditation movement back in the sixties. It would be cool if my executives would expand a religion at the same time that they expand the corporation. So far I've only figured out how to add an extre temple for that corp, I'd like to do a bit more. I see the option for creating a Holy City, but can that also be used to create a new religion?

PS: Never mind I found it. That's an impressive looking GameFonts file. I notice that there's a number of religion icons in between the default ones. How does the game know to skip over those in order to use the normal icons? Isn't a sequential thing where it just looks for the next icon in the row. For that matter, how does the game know which is the reliogious icons an which is the corporate ones? Looks like the possiblities for me adding Corporations to my game just became unlimited.

I am sorry first of all I told you wrong 184 not 186 like it really matters lol.

I do not know about the civlopedia problem I have never tried to add them like that.

I have religions founded by building a building in my mod now. It was added to the WoC SDK already.

The WoC is the World of Civilization. The links are in my signature. My component I made for the WoC for religions. I am working on 94 religions at the moment. Just check the Rapture link if you want to see more. If you want to see an example of a building founding a religion after being built try the Greeks in my mod. You do not have to have prerequisite religion for the building. I just added to have cults form out of another religion.

Anyway I think you will like what you see.

Oh and one note. Turn off the modular loading if you try Rapture or the WoC in your BTS config file.

So exactly do I use WoC? I tried booting it as a mod but it crashed on me. There's no documentation to explain how to use it and I didn't see much on the thread either. I take it also that I need to have the CvGameCoreDLL.dll enabled in order to make use of that expanded GameFonts file? I tried simply dropping it into my Custom Assets but my graphics were coming out all messed up. I was getting religion symbols instead of resources. Or is there something in one of the games Python files that will allow me to alter the coordinates? I'm not really looking forwrad to having to edit those with my own icons and those from BUG as well. It was real pain trying to figure out how to get the default file to work properly. Firaxis always seem to make it difficult to add new icons to the game. I ran into a number of issues with Civ 3 as well.

Yes you need the dll and modular loading turned off. That is how it is reading it. There as been edits since this but I think you can see where they would need to go.

Anything in the modules folder can be removed expect the MLF files. And I would not bother with Custom Assets it really is a hassle if you are trying to make a mod, but BUG has it purposes with it.

BUG is not in the WoC yet. So if you are set on using BUG I would not bother trying the WoC at this point. But all you have to fill empty space in the WoC for the symbols on the corporation line. So not really simple. But anyway there it is.

There as been edits since this but I think you can see where they would need to go.

Yeah, I see it now. Each corporation now has a TGA position flag, like the Font Button Index for the bonuses. That's a bit more convenient.

And I would not bother with Custom Assets it really is a hassle if you are trying to make a mod, but BUG has it purposes with it.

Well I'm not really trying to make a mod, I'm just adding things into my game that I'd like to see in it. With the corporations, I'm just trying to get a more interesting trading system in place. I don't like the fact that as soon as a civ has just one of a bonus they don't need to trade anymore. I want something more dynamic and realistic.

So if you are set on using BUG I would not bother trying the WoC at this point.

Well I guess I'll have to wait then as I really like using BUG. It adds so much more useful information on my game screen. Just being able to see the power ratings in the scoreboard alone is worth having it. Then there's the units stacking options which I find much better for seeing all my units. Not to mention knowing how long it will take for my city's whip anger to go away. Are there plans for adding it soon then?

But all you have to fill empty space in the WoC for the symbols on the corporation line. So not really simple.

Tell me about it. I spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to get my icons to display properly. Ironic that I had to resort to using MSPaint in order to accomplish it. I just couldn't figure out how to get GIMP to show the background transparencies so I could know exactly where to place the icons I was pasting in. Same thing with Photoshop, plus using that to edit would crash my game.

Well, I just discovered that I'm not restricted at all by the default GameFont files. There's no set length that the game reads, it just goes through the rows one after the other until it can't find anymore icons, then it goes to the next row. So all I have to is make the rows longer. I just tried extending the top row where the religioun icons are and put a couple more of the corporate icons up there. Then I expanded the whole image itself from 640 to 720 pixels. The game read the new location with no problem whatsoever. So I really don't need to use the GameFont file in WoC, I can just make the default one as wide as I need it. So thanks to this discovery and your screens, I can now have as many corporations as I can dream up. It looks like my game is going to have a pretty robust economy and trade system.

I did the same thing at first. It will show the corporation icons. Just the symbols other city bar will be off if you make to many, and so it will show a different symbol in some cases or extra ones.

I did the same thing at first. It will show the corporation icons. Just the symbols other city bar will be off if you make to many, and it display the wrong icon there.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. My Aluminum Co. is now showing a corporation icon instead of a resource. So I guess the icons are numbered, it's not just going by the rows themselves. Damn.

Oh well I still have room for 11 more, that should be plenty in order to get a diverse economy happening.

Would it work if I moved that top row of resources icons to that empty one underneath them? At least they have a numbering system so it should be easy to reassign their locations. Provided the numbering system goes down to that row.

PS: Oh hell maybe I should just use WoC. I'm developing too many ideas that won't fit in the default GameFonts images. Like single city industries that consumes resources and produces other products in it's place. Like a mining community that uses food to feed it's workers and produces Iron. With 184 corporations, I could develop a pretty thriving economy.

So how do I get WoC to work exactly? I installed the 1st resource module, and all the load values in the Module folder are set to 1, but I'm not seeing any of the resources in the Civilopedia. I just tried setting the load value to 0 as well but that didn't work either.

PS: Never mind. I had it in the My Documents Mod folder. When I put WoC in the main Mod folder they showed up. Excellant. I't nice to see that some elements of Dale's Combat Mod are there too. This looks like it will be a very promising system.

So BUG has a new version out and the MainInterface file you adapted for it doesn't work anymore. Any chance you could update it to the new version?

I can not even get the new BUG to work. But should be easy to add it.

That's odd, I had no problem. Though I haven't really played with yet. When I saw that your old screen wasn't working I reverted to the previous version. Were you installing as a mod or with Custom Assets? I used the Custom Assets option.

Tried both. Even reinstalled the game. Maybe I screwed something up but could not get it to work anyway.

Found one little thing I forgot. It is updated in this download and in the Rapture SVN. The cities names are not revealed until the civilization is revealed in the screen that only see founded religions.

Hi Johny,

I love the screens; I'm using the scrolling religion screen that doesn't hide any religions. I was wondering if you could add back the RELIGION ADVISOR title at the top of the screen. The vanilla one has this text but it is missing from your version. It is a small aesthetic thing but I thought I would mention it...

Cheers,
ripple01

johny,

it looks like you really got a handle on python. I was wondering if you know how to add how much gold the holy city or corp HQ generates and have it display on the religion or corp screen. It would be nice to know who you are competing with and which ones to take over :)

I may try something in the short future like this, but instead for it to show any commerce. That way if I get the Spiritual commerce working for the Rapture in it could display which city has the highest amount as well. The spiritual commerce would determine who has the holy city in the early religions more or less. So anyway I could see it adapted for both perhaps. Just I won't promise anything for sure yet.

Top Bottom