Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization

Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:53 PM   #1
ladiesman
Chieftain

Epic build times on Marathon game?

How hard would it be to get the short Epic-game build times into a Marathon game? That just seems like it be a sweet spot to me. In Marathon games, it just feels like everything takes so long to build that it's kind of pointless. In Epic, things just go way too fast.

I want to be able to create huge armies and actually war in specific eras, rather than in Epic having my units obsolete so fast I don't know why I build them, or in Marathon for it to take like 300 years for me to build a Spearman.

So...is it possible?
ladiesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:36 PM   #2
frekk
Scourge of St. Lawrence

Very easy.

Find Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml in your (game directory)/assets/xml/gameinfo directory. Open it up in notepad. The first section deals with marathon speed, a few lines down you will see this: <iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>

Under Epic, the same number is 150, so just change the one under marathon (300) to 150.
frekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 11:55 AM   #3
genine
Warlord

there are already such gamespeeds out there for example in History in the making(an excellent mod by grave) you have a gamespeed oddesey which is much like the game speed you describe
genine is offline   Reply With Quote