MSMD: How to Create a Mod (video demo)

...er...i have no idea if i understood what you said :D.

Okay, super short comments about UUs:
- They have the same UNITCLASS like the unit which it replaces. the german panzer is still UNITCLASS_TANK
- They have obviously now no own unitclass.
- They are assigned to "their" civilizations via the CivilizationsInfos.xml.

yea what im trying to do is make my own unique units for example i would like the jet to shows up as F-302. I tried to change the Navy_Seal to SG-1 and i get an info error and the unit doesn't pop up at all.

hey i'm new and just starting to figure out how to mod. Your video was really helpful but on the last step where we run our blank mod and then after our ini file is supposed to be created below the shortcut, isn't working. My blank mod works but no file is dropped below. Can you tell me how to find one or create it??? thanks a bunch

That no .ini file is created does normally mean that the mod has not been run or something else prevented the creation.

Check it again: Did you really load the right mod? Maybe you've made some test mods and confused them.
Else: Are you maybe running Vista/Win7? If yes, do you execute Civ with admin rights?

thanks man. i just figured it out. i had to change some editing rights on the files so now things are starting to work out

Hi. So i am able to get as far as getting into the assets but once i"ve opened any asset folder such as xml and in side of that civilizations the folder is empty (they all are, in both warlords and the normal civ iv). This is on the original yet the game still works. So how do i find the folders to change of they aren't there?

Are you in the custom assets folder? All the folders are there, but are empty for you to put what you want in. If you get the original file, copy and paste it into the correct corresponding custom folder and make the edits you need.

Hey, how do I add/take away religions in beyond the sword? I want to be able to create new religions to replace the ones that are in the game.

Alright, I tried changing the name of Taoism, but it wouldn't work. Do you have any suggestions? I found the folder with all of the Religion info, and I changed all the text that said Taoism, but in civlopedia, it still appeared as Taoism

Okay, next try: Do you use WinVista/Win7? If yes, then recheck the files, if the changes are still there. The user account control of these Win versions does not allow that you change anything in the program files directory if you don't work explicitely with admin rights.

I hate to dig up an old(ish) thread, but I ran into an issue. I followed the videos closely, but now I have a problem with the civilopedia. All the civilizations have an entry, but none (aside from my new one) have any text in their entries. The leaders are perfectly normal, and I can select the civilizations to play in game... it's just that their pedia entries are blank. Just to reiterate, this is not an issue with MY new civilization, but with the existing ones.

Thanks in advance!

Actually I guess I haven't been totally honest - the issue I THINK is related to the custom BuildingInfos file....

Top Bottom