[BtS] World Size and Speed

zappara

Mod Designer
This mod has the game speed and game size options that I had included in my Rise of Mankind mod. It adds 2 new world sizes: Giant and Gigantic, 2 new game speed modes: Blitz and Snail, and Bhruic's unofficial patch is included as well. With this mod you can play new map sizes and game speeds on normal Beyond the Sword game.

Download World Size and Speed mod

Features

* 2 New Map sizes: Giant (54% bigger than Huge), Gigantic (50% bigger than Giant ie. 134% bigger than Huge)
* 2 New Gamespeed: Blitz 205 turns, Snail 2673 turns
* Bhruic's unofficial patch included

About the mod

When you start new game you will have the 2 new map size options available but the new speed option are only available in the custom game option. To start custom game choose: Single Player -> Custom Game.

This mod should work on most basic map scripts but there might be map scripts that won't work correctly with the new map sizes. I don't know how map scripts work so don't ask me how to fix those to work with this mod ;)

I recommend using high end computer with at least 2GB of RAM on those new map sizes. I also recommend using some community made mapscripts to make better maps than the default game mapscripts will do.

Giant Map size
--------------
default civ amount 18
x grid size = 40
y grid size = 25
54% bigger than Huge

Gigantic Map size
-----------------
default civ amount 23
x grid size = 50
y grid size = 30
134% bigger than Huge

Blitz speed
-----------
Same as blitz speed mod component, 205 turns

Snail speed
-----------
2673 turns
Other settings same as they were set in my Rise of Mankind mod.

Credits

NeverMind - Blitz game speed mod
Bhruic - Unofficial patch

The Gigantic Map size has a default of 23 civs. So i'm assuming there's a DLL that allows more civs/game included in this mod?

Anyway thanks for taking the time to make this! :)

There is a version of the Bhruic patch for more civs. You can get it here in case the version included does not actually support that many civs.

There also already is a very similar mod to this by Nevermind, not just the Blitz speed ;)

Top Bottom