Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Civ4 - Fall from Heaven > FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps

Old Mar 18, 2008, 06:30 AM   #1
Grunthex
Prince

How and where to modify generic map scripts?

Been spending some time of late, just starting game after game to look at them in world editor to try and find a fun map script.

I'm mostly settled on the Fractal script - it's entirely unpredictable, but leaves the naval game in, which most of the other scripts I like don't.

My only problem with it, is even setting Sealevel to Low, I get roughly 50% water. I'd like to change it so this is about 30% water (and maybe 50% on High).

I tracked down Fractal.py in the Civ4 Public Maps (wasn't in the BTS folder), but that just seemed like it called stuff from the main mapgen file, and I don't know enough to find anything there. I'm willing enough to go in and change things with guidance, but not just hoping and praying.

So if anyone knows how I can do this, please let me know! In return, I offer you some <reagents>, and the Eternal Gratitude tech.
Grunthex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:01 AM   #2
cephalo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunthex View Post
Been spending some time of late, just starting game after game to look at them in world editor to try and find a fun map script.

I'm mostly settled on the Fractal script - it's entirely unpredictable, but leaves the naval game in, which most of the other scripts I like don't.

My only problem with it, is even setting Sealevel to Low, I get roughly 50% water. I'd like to change it so this is about 30% water (and maybe 50% on High).

I tracked down Fractal.py in the Civ4 Public Maps (wasn't in the BTS folder), but that just seemed like it called stuff from the main mapgen file, and I don't know enough to find anything there. I'm willing enough to go in and change things with guidance, but not just hoping and praying.

So if anyone knows how I can do this, please let me know! In return, I offer you some <reagents>, and the Eternal Gratitude tech.
You might find the search and class browser tools in the Python IDE helpful. You can dl it at Python.org.

PerfectWorldDF world creator for Dwarf Fortress ------ FaireWeather.py for Colonization
PerfectWorld.py Map script for Civ4/Warlords/BtS --- Gross National Happiness Mod for BtS
Creation.py Map script for Fall from Heaven 2
SpiralGalaxy.py Map script for Final Frontier
cephalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Grunthex
Prince

I was able to find it with some help from the non-FFH2 creation forum (I usually avoid non-FFH forums, but figured the increased traffic was worth the dive).

For anyone who's curious, see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=268019
Grunthex is offline   Reply With Quote