Stability: Foreign

onedreamer

Dragon
I'm having lots of problems with this category lately and I don't understand where I'm failing.

According to wiki these are the elements to take into consideration:
Foreign category
Defensive pacts ++
Open borders +
Unstable neighbour when you're stable -
Having a vassal -/+
Number of civ contacts +/-
High combat loss - P
Cities traded - P

Now, in my last game as Egypt I have one start only in this category. I never traded cities and didn't lose much in combat (mainly fought vs Natives). I have open borders with everyone (it's about 1400), even with Saladin. Only exception is Hammurabi. My neighbors are not unstable (besides, I am not stable most of the time), I recently built embassies everywhere to maintain contacts, and I have Mansa as vassal.
I have also set up all resource trades I could, even if I didn't have 2 resources I traded some anyways for others similar.
Nothing, my Foreign rate remains one star and provokes quite some instability in my Empire. Anyone has clues on what else could be wrong ?

well egypt usually has sick cities cuz of flood plains, could that be it?

hmm that would eventually be in the Cities category, why Foreign ?

Collapsing neighbors? (Rome, Ethiopia, Greece?)
Being the only Jewish civ when surrounded by Islamic and Christian ones? (Bad relations)
Losing lots of chariots to native impis? :p

idk bad relationships to neighbors?

Collapsing neighbors? (Rome, Ethiopia, Greece?)
Being the only Jewish civ when surrounded by Islamic and Christian ones? (Bad relations)
Losing lots of chariots to native impis? :p

>_<
Why not reading what I wrote ?

didn't lose much in combat[...]
I have open borders with everyone (it's about 1400), even with Saladin. Only exception is Hammurabi. My neighbors are not unstable

Lol, that was the only thing I could think of. Unless the Egypt was scripted to be unstable. As I always seem to have a problem with an unstable Egypt when I play, but not with Ethiopia, even have exactly the same land with the same foreign policies.

Yeah I posted right because I am clueless... I think it is indeed scripted.

Lol, that was the only thing I could think of. Unless the Egypt was scripted to be unstable. As I always seem to have a problem with an unstable Egypt when I play, but not with Ethiopia, even have exactly the same land with the same foreign policies.

A stable Ethiopia? OMGWTFBBQ what is your secret?????

A stable Ethiopia? OMGWTFBBQ what is your secret?????

I just built The Great Wall to keep out natives and conquered collapsed Egypt. After that it's easy. Nobody likes Egypt, but they have a lot of fertile land and wonders :lol:

If I am not mistaken, the Great Wall will do nothing to prevent Natives from paying you a visit in Ethiopia.

It prevents Barbarians on your continent, but not Independents, Byzantines or Native Impis. In fact, you can also get barbarian camel archers spawning in Arabia and coming to say hi by crossing the Sinai, which is where one continent ends and another begins.

In fact, you can also get barbarian camel archers spawning in Arabia and coming to say hi by crossing the Sinai, which is where one continent ends and another begins.

Don't remind me about the Camel Archer bug. I'm still frustrated that it's not fixed.

For some reason in every game at the moment I keep getting the event where I can make peace with the Natives, which for a lot of the Civ's makes you godly being almost free to travel through the Americas and Africa!

That itself was how I won with Maya.

Top Bottom