Civilization II: List of AI Stupidities

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
A new book entry has been added:

[drupal=305]Civilization II: List of AI Stupidities[/drupal]

List of AI Stupidities in Civilization II

"We all know the AI cheats!"

Welcome to the 'infamous' List of AI Stupidities! First, we would like to make it clear that we DON'T hate Civ2; in fact, we are Civ2 fanatics who sometimes feel frustrated by the not so competent AI in our favorite game. Our mission is to create a listing of AI stupidities which we hope developer of Civ3 (Firaxis) could fix those AI weaknesses so that we could have a better AI in Civ3 -- one that doesn't need to cheat to win.
To make this list as complete as possible, please post any complain against the Civ2 AI to this thread in our forums and we will discuss it.

I have noticed also that the computer can launch Nuclear attacks without a ling-of-movement to a city.

For example, When I bombard an enemy city I like to encircle with Stealth Bombers on all 8 squares directly to the city. Also when I have extra units I like to block spaces for partisans to form by stationing units in the city radius, effectively creating a 2 or even 3 layered radious of my own units. THen I drop in a paratrooper. Yet Sure enough on the AI turn they use a nuclear missle and somehow they can hit the city?

How did they get through my wall of Mech Inf. 2 squares away? This is one of the most frustrating AI shortcuts.

It's very hard to trade maps with AI players, if not impossible.
I have found that when you first make contact and trade knowledge, if they are Enthusiastic, they will trade maps

Like this one. That Sioux engineer has been there for like 20+ turns, even though there is plenty of lovely Grassland to build a new city on

I have found that when you first make contact and trade knowledge, if they are Enthusiastic, they will trade maps
afaik, any civ will trade maps at Worshipful. I usually gift them techs. :D

Like this one. That Sioux engineer has been there for like 20+ turns, even though there is plenty of lovely Grassland to build a new city on

Spoiler :
the AI is generally terrible at expanding and improving tiles. however, the level of "badness" varies from civ to civ.

afaik, any civ will trade maps at Worshipful. I usually gift them techs. :D

the AI is generally terrible at expanding and improving tiles. however, the level of "badness" varies from civ to civ.
I'm beginning to figure that out. Thanks for stating it so explicitly. Yeah, the Carthaginians and Americans and English are pretty good at it, the Sioux, Babs, and Egyptians, not so much :crazyeye:

Top Bottom