Hotseat crash when eliminating computer player

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
First of all, is there any point in posting bug reports here any more? I don't expect that Firaxis will be releasing any more patches, but some confirmation that others are seeing the same problem, perhaps with a work-around, would be nice. ;)

I'm playing a multiplayer C3C game in Hotseat mode (V1.22 on Windows XP). One of the computer players is down to his last city. If one of the human players captures that city, as soon as the city screen for that is exited, the game crashes where it ought to display the screen about eliminating that CP. This situation is repeatable, either from the auto-save file or from having a different human player try taking the city. Likewise, if the city is razed instead of being kept by the conquering player. No error message, it just exits to Windows.

We saw no option except to spare the city and continue play. Having reduced another computer player to its final city, the same bug occurs if that one is captured. Oddly, I eliminated one other computer player much earlier in the game without this crash; the only difference I can think of being that I'm the first human player in the move order, which these other captures have been by other players.

I have a save file that can reproduce this, if that's of use to anyone, but I don't see the "Upload File" link that's mentioned in the Bug Report Guidelines thread.

I had that same circumstance happen two times in a hotseat game. we decided it was probably because of era, as we where industrial both times it happened to us. now that it was just me and human left except for those two, and we where at war, they where useful or de-mobilization, as we are both asking for cities from each other in exchange for peace.

was the human in the industrial ages and AI in middle ages? I gifted England into the industrial age then took their last city, Hasting, and it worked fine.

Top Bottom