Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions > Civ4 - Bug Reports

Old May 16, 2008, 01:42 PM   #1
rwtoner
Chieftain

Game Crashes When Loading RTW Saved Game

The game crashes when I try to load my saved "Road to War" game. The following message appears: "Instruction at "0x7c911e58" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Steps to initiate crash:
1. Start Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
2. Click Single Player, Load Game
3. Select Saved Game
4. Game restarts to load "RTW" MOD
5. "RTW" MOD starts loading process
6. Loading process gets to "Finished", screen goes blank
7. A message appears that says Civilization encountered a problem and needs to shut down
8. Message appears: "Instruction at "0x7c911e58" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Note: I have the most up to date version of Civ IV Beyond the Sword and I also have the new "RTW" MOD update. I have started new "RTW" games to see if the problem repeats itself. It does. Sometimes in a new game it will crash during play. I am running XP Home Edition. My video card is a Nvidia GeForce FX 5500. I have an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3300+.

I have attached two saved games in which the problem is occuring.
Attached Files
File Type: civbeyondswordsave Prime Minister Churchill .CivBeyondSwordSave (733.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: civbeyondswordsave Ryan Test.CivBeyondSwordSave (643.2 KB, 26 views)
rwtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2008, 01:43 PM   #2
42VA
Chieftain

I also get this too, with the below file

So it's definitely not confined to one system

I believe I managed to run this save before I patched BTS:RTW to the latest version, if that helps
42VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 04, 2008, 01:14 AM   #3
HG_CassiusA
Hallowed are the Ori

I'm having a similar problem, but with some of my regular multiplayer (LAN) save games from this patch.
Creator of the original guerrilla unit concept for Civ4 BtS.
HG_CassiusA is offline   Reply With Quote