Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > OTHER GAMES > Never Ending Stories

Old Jan 24, 2010, 07:32 PM   #2221
Matt0088
Well Meaning Idiot

If you're particularly dissatisfied with low numbers of soldiers as a main reason for rebalancing everything upward, how much of an increase do you plan on NK? Double, triple? Assuming there's many various garrisons around that aren't listed, I don't think the current levels to be terribly low.

Also, just throwing out a thought, but would splitting the domestic income stat into base income (agriculture, aquaculture, mining etc.) and manufacturing income like AFSNES be useful at all? It provides more information, which seems to be the purpose of the splitting up the income stat in the first place.
Matt0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:39 PM   #2222
Thlayli
Le Petit Prince

I don't think economy needs to be expanded further. The goal of the N3S stat system is to give the player enough detail while avoiding heavy stats that strangulate everything. Also, micromanagement of the tax base to that level is really a matter left for the player's bureaucracy.

Professional/levy dynamic needs to be altered, though. Professional infantry soldiers should not be prohibitively expensive for large empires; the current pricing should more apply to elite soldiers like noble cavalry, etc.

Levies should have a minimal cost but cause drops in domestic income when they're called up en masse, imo.

Last edited by Thlayli; Jan 24, 2010 at 10:47 PM.
Thlayli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 08:03 PM   #2223
Masada
Networked King

Deeds II, III
She sings songs of long since passed, of nevermore, and somethings, and potentials, and impossibilities; still older than rocks, that were once boulders, and which have long since ceased being of mountains but which are still mountains in their minds; of cities, and men, women, and children, long since passed and forgotten save all but she. Memories tug, and pull, eddying out past understanding and passing into myth, legend and the mad fancies of all bar her for she knows and in the knowing comes certainty and in the certainty of knowing things which should never be known comes fear for that which is may come again or it may never, and that this is known to her and still more. All the world is her song, and all the mad fancies, and all the memories of people not her own but her own, for she is of all peoples and in her blood peculates the blood of Kings and Queens uncrowned, Gods and Goddesses undefied, and she is all and nothing, many and myriad, hundreds and thousands, the fire in the blood, the light of the world and of the world, and the worlds entire. She is God, and in her name all shall be known.

Wa.
The Nation belongs to everyone, not one or two specific people. The problems exist because we don't talk to each other and resolve them together. The problems arise from 'bloodthirstiness'. People can lose their minds when they resort to violence. Eventually, they don't know why they fight each other and what the problems they need to resolve are. They merely know that they must overcome each other and they must be the only winner. This no way leads to victory, but only danger. - Me, dah.

Last edited by Masada; Apr 19, 2010 at 05:41 AM.
Masada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:39 AM   #2224
North King
Royal Cartographer

Okay, so this will be restarting in summer. The next turn will be a BT in order to a) get things interesting again and b) smoothly transition into the new rules. It will be 100 years long. Just give me a general guide for how to run your nation in those years, you should know the drill... if this confuses you just ask for more details.

This is also the ideal time to start a new nation on the fringes of civilization.

Of course, you have a considerable amount of time. Deadline for reclaiming your nations is 11:59 PM on May 15th; after that they are open to anyone who might want them.

Deadline for the actual BT orders is 11:59 PM May 22nd.

Anyway, hope everyone's still interested and ready for an interesting ride this summer.
The EoE wiki.
North King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2225
Thlayli
Le Petit Prince

I need merely state one word to express my continuing interest.

EXATAI!
Thlayli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:55 AM   #2226
Lord_Iggy
Three Lines of Symmetry

The Faerouhaiaouans continue to stand proud.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:10 AM   #2227
Kal'thzar
Deity

Church is here.
Kal'thzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:32 AM   #2228
Kentharu
Zebra Commander

I'd like to join this if there is any spots open.

#nes For arrogant douches only.
Kentharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:48 AM   #2229
das
Regeneration In Process

I can't really remember what was it exactly that I was doing the last time, but yeah, I'll probably rejoin seeing as I seem to have the time to read up on all that.
"Her Majesty has terrible dreams. She sees England as a small country that lives in peace, and no one at the court dares tell her that Rome started out the same way. His Catholic Majesty was once content with ruling half the world; I am afraid we will have to take all of it." - Humphrey Gilbert
"I am not at all a friend of humanity, Viscount replied. I am the enemy of its enemies." - S. Vititsky, "The Search for Designation, or the Twenty Seventh Theorem of Ethics".

天命
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:26 AM   #2230
Matt0088
Well Meaning Idiot

Leunan Empire, of course. I feel like building lots of ships.
Matt0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:31 AM   #2231
Eltain
Emperor

i'll play jipha still.

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent
that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

Semper In Faecibus Sumum, Sole Profundum Variat

"I did kind of flinch with the cutting the babies out of the womb and strangling them with umbilical cords." -Lord of Elves
Eltain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:07 AM   #2232
~Darkening~
Weep, Mother.

Ready to annoy once more.

Does the world have nothing inside but sorrow?
-Andrei Platonov.

~Darkening~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:33 AM   #2233
andis-1
The Hedgehog

Opulensi empire present.

My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.18
andis-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:55 AM   #2234
DarthNader
Destroyer of Worlds

Still holding onto my secret territory Northy. Did anyone find me yet?
DarthNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2235
conehead234
Braves on the Warpath

The Triluin/Helsian Empire is here.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:07 PM   #2236
Ninja Dude
Bear of Hizen

I'll take a Kratoan clan. Didn't I take the Swenit Jiressa Clan? Or was it the Eso Sogo? Whatever, I think it was the Swenit Jiressa, so I'll go with them.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:13 PM   #2237
das
Regeneration In Process

Is there any chance that you could do a rudimentary short-term update? There are a lot of situations that would need to be resolved within the next ten years or less. If not, then that's fine too, but it would make things a lot easier for many of us, I think.
"Her Majesty has terrible dreams. She sees England as a small country that lives in peace, and no one at the court dares tell her that Rome started out the same way. His Catholic Majesty was once content with ruling half the world; I am afraid we will have to take all of it." - Humphrey Gilbert
"I am not at all a friend of humanity, Viscount replied. I am the enemy of its enemies." - S. Vititsky, "The Search for Designation, or the Twenty Seventh Theorem of Ethics".

天命
das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:31 PM   #2238
Abaddon
Deity

I am still here.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:35 PM   #2239
~Darkening~
Weep, Mother.

....Yeah. I didn't really think about it, but how will the (northern) war be resolved before the BT?

Does the world have nothing inside but sorrow?
-Andrei Platonov.

~Darkening~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:09 PM   #2240
Lord of Elves
The Leviathan

This looks intriguing.
Lord of Elves is offline   Reply With Quote