Plan or adapt ?

galarfr

Chieftain
Hi,

Do you have a strategy in mind before starting the game, and you then stick to it no matter what happens, or are you starting with your mind open and adapt to the game itself?

Somewhere between both. Its bad to just completly screw your original strategy, and simply do "whatever seems best at the moment" with no long term plan.

On the other hand, its bad to be overly stubborn and never change your mind about anything. You have to know the medium.

u need to adapt bro, all the maps are randomly created so U need to find the way to adapt to every situation.

Personally, I begin the game with my eye on a cultural victory. However, I'm ready to switch to military if it seems like a better plan.

I do very little planning. I have some general starting conditions I go for, regenerating maps until I get a source of Stone or Marble for wonder production. But my plan is, basically, to create the most effective all around Civilization and take advantage of whatever opportunities that arise.

Local rivals can expect to be my vassals, by force if necessary. Everyone can expect to be paying me all their extra gold for my spare resources. Everyone can expect me to saturate them with my less useful corporations and my religions, and support my economy.

By the time I get to the Industrial Era, I usually have a pretty good idea of which victory condition I'm shooting for.

Edit: Whoopsie! This is the Revolution forum. Lol

I always have the same strategy but it always gets stopped by the overly aggressive AI.

I try to make cities ASAP, however once an AI finds me they attack me for half the game, meaning that I usually end up with 3 cities untill the modern era. I always concentrate on science and defense until i KNOW that I'm the only civ with canons/tanks etc. Then I build up my forces and steam through whoever has been attacking me.
Usually this tactic means that I never get a total victory, instead I get up to the time limit and the computer gives me the win.:cool:

Top Bottom