Huge Europe Map

Chamboozer

Warlord
I've started creating a Huge sized Europe map for Dale, or anyone, to release if they might want to. I have one question, though. Is there a way to convert a Worldbuilder map into scenario form? I know that it will require python (which I can't do quite yet) but advance knowledge will be useful. Thanks in advance.

Save the WorldBuilder file to the RtW PublicMaps folder.

To fully integrate into RtW an amount of Python programming will be needed. Otherwise it's just a map running RtW's colours. ;)

Save the WorldBuilder file to the RtW PublicMaps folder.

To fully integrate into RtW an amount of Python programming will be needed. Otherwise it's just a map running RtW's colours. ;)

Will that allow you to select your civ? Right now I'm running the WB out of a custom scenario tailored for the map type, which required me to select a civ to play.

Also, whenever I remove a land tile and replace it with an ocean tile, it turns into a darker blue color than everything around it and seems to sink into the ground more than the surrounding ocean? What is this problem, and how should I go about fixing it?

EDIT: Never mind. This is simply the "Continent Outline" glitch. I fixed it.

Will that allow you to select your civ? Right now I'm running the WB out of a custom scenario tailored for the map type, which required me to select a civ to play.

I find the best way to make a map is to load a Custom Game of RtW choosing the Civs I want on the map, in the order I want them. Then that way you don't have to worry about being able to choose Civs etc because they are in there from the start.

Otherwise, you could have to manually write up the whole leader/civ header in the WBS file. A nightmare (I had to do that with Desert War).

Also, whenever I remove a land tile and replace it with an ocean tile, it turns into a darker blue color than everything around it and seems to sink into the ground more than the surrounding ocean? What is this problem, and how should I go about fixing it?

EDIT: Never mind. This is simply the "Continent Outline" glitch. I fixed it.

Yeah, a simple reload fixes that.

I find the best way to make a map is to load a Custom Game of RtW choosing the Civs I want on the map, in the order I want them. Then that way you don't have to worry about being able to choose Civs etc because they are in there from the start.

Otherwise, you could have to manually write up the whole leader/civ header in the WBS file. A nightmare (I had to do that with Desert War).

That's exactly what I did. :)

My friend and I are measuring everything exactly. 1 tile = 100 miles. We have so much room!

Oh wow. I just finished making the outline of North Africa and I have to say, I've never seen a more beautiful thing in my life. You guys'll love it.

I don't remember how big the old map was but man, just consider this.

Iberian Pinensula = 18 Cities.
France = 21 Cities

Here's a screenshot of it so far. Ignore the fact that most of Europe is Ice, I just put it there to get an outline.

Attachments

• Hugeeuropemapimg1.jpg
    Hugeeuropemapimg1.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 1,810
Sweet... :drool: Looking forward to this one. :)

An interesting possibility with this map could more open warfare rather than working from city to city. Looks good.

Dan

This will be especially prevalent in west Africa and Siberia

Screenshot of a partially finished piece of North Africa.

Attachments

• NAfrica.jpg
    NAfrica.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 1,672
  • NAfrica.jpg
    NAfrica.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 114
If I may suggest, try a lower culture value for cities. 50 gives the city cross borders.

That way cities like Gibralter won't be overwhelmed, and from Beta3 culture is pretty much non-existant anyways so you don't need the massive culture values to push borders.

In africa at least culture needs to be massive to cover all the ground without leaving open spaces. Gibraltar should be getting overwhelmed. Its a small place, and it constantly being in revolt stops people from using it for production, which wouldn't be realistic. Its a base, not an actual city. At least, in its use during WWII. In most parts of Europe the culture is lowered to 50-100.

Looks good, but why's the bottom-right 'classified'? My curiosity is piqued...

Because the rest of the world is still in nuclear winter :p
And btw why there is no northern Finland?

Because the rest of the world is still in nuclear winter :p
And btw why there is no northern Finland?

Honestly, it's because I ran out of room. However, its only a small part of Finland/Scandinavia that's not there, and you can still easily walk between finland and sweden. It also helps to balance out those countries by not giving them masses more land than the highly industrialized nations in western Europe. The 75% of Finland in this map is about the same size as all of Finland in the normal Europe map.

Hmm, though I cannot see it, I would wonder about the top of Scandinavia -- does this mean there is no water route (however simplified/cut-off) around the top of Scandinavia to get to Murmansk? If there will be any modding to add some sort of convoy/lend-lease feature, this would be strategically important.

Hmm, though I cannot see it, I would wonder about the top of Scandinavia -- does this mean there is no water route (however simplified/cut-off) around the top of Scandinavia to get to Murmansk? If there will be any modding to add some sort of convoy/lend-lease feature, this would be strategically important.

Actually, there is no Murmansk. Only about 4 squares (top to bottom) of the Kola Pinensula is there, and you cannot walk to it. Considering the current type of gameplay that RTW presents you with I thought the extra space would be better used to expand Africa southward a far greater distance. It also helps to make the location of North America more geographically realistic.

Top Bottom