[LH] Hitler

You get the cookie, The_Capo! :yumyum:

Wolfshanze I modified the wrinkles and eyebrows, although it's hard to tell:

I think I know what is getting at me about the lips... maybe the mustache is too short... I think it should come down a little more.

Thanks for the cookie!

I think his jaw/chin is too square, but its really good. Keep in mind that I am totally incapable of doing anything like this myself.

Instead of a cookie though, maybe you could help me figure out a problem I've been having. I am making this mod for a group of guys I normally play with, actually I am using a lot of your stuff chuggi, but anyway I am adding Israel and splitting up the Natives into the Sioux and the Iroquois (because they used to be civs before and I think its ******ed/lazy of them to have "Native Americans" as a civilization). Anyway I am having a great deal of difficulty getting the Iroquois Axemen to show up, I basically used the XML in the CivInfos from the Natives and replaced everything, and I want to make the Iroquois UU a "Mohawk Warrior" which is going to replace the rifleman... anyway I digress, here's the thread and I posted some of the XML from the files so if you don't mind taking a look that would be fantastic.

HERE IS THE THREAD I MADE

BTW sorry for hijacking this thread. Good work on Hitler though.

I think I know what is getting at me about the lips... maybe the mustache is too short... I think it should come down a little more.

I'll try that..

Great work, Chugg! Say, can you send me the De Gaulle suit texture you're using? It'd really help my version.

You may need to move it around a bit, I did a bit of UV mapping. :p (it's attached to this post).

I think you should work on getting his suit to animate properly with Napoleon's body first though, as that's a glaring issue. Oh, and the face would look a thousand times better with shaders, like in Elhoim's screenshots.

I think his jaw/chin is too square, but its really good. Keep in mind that I am totally incapable of doing anything like this myself.

HERE IS THE THREAD I MADE

I'll check out his jaw in 3dsmax, I may be able to improve it. I think I worked out your problem in the other thread, btw. :)

Attachments

• Hitler_1024_DIFFUSE.zip
    369 KB · Views: 148
I changed the moustache, haven't modified the jaw yet though.

Attachments

• hitler 4.jpg
    hitler 4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for trying to help me out Chuggi, but that didn't work either. I don't get why this doesn't work. All of the other flavor units I used worked, and they were all pretty much totally new additions because I added the Civ, but I can't get their axeman to show up, that's the main problem right now. They can't even BUILD an axeman at all. It doesn't even show up in the city screen. I just can't get it. Again, sorry for hijacking your thread here a little, but I'm just hoping somebody would see this and help me out because the thread I started isn't really much help so far.

I changed the moustache, haven't modified the jaw yet though.

Better, but his face didn't get that puffy impression until later in WW II. (And the twinkle in his eye reminds me of The Great Dictator, i.e. Chaplin.)

Pretty good, but... yeah, the moustache... (Why are we looking up his nose?)

As ugly as he was IRL.

Good job. Well made leader. :goodjob:

Good work, Chuggi, looks very unique, but also so... feminine. I can't tell you why, but I think it has something to do with the eyes... BTW: did he really have blue eyes? There seem to be different sources mention two colours: blue and brown. However, they tend toward brown...

Chugginator, like your Hirohito, this is extremely well-done while somehow also seeming very simple. Wonderful work! You really ought to take a break from units to do a few more leaderheads (perhaps round off the WWII selection to make the official Chugginator Collection). Meanwhile, thank you for providing us at long last with a decent Hitler.

Good work, Chuggi, looks very unique, but also so... feminine. I can't tell you why, but I think it has something to do with the eyes... BTW: did he really have blue eyes? There seem to be different sources mention two colours: blue and brown. However, they tend toward brown...

I don't think there's any real colour photos of him but in his black and white shots they appear very light coloured:

Spoiler Photos :

Also, in his portraits they have mostly been painted as blue:

Spoiler Portraits :

As a side note, do you think he would look better with a grey uniform with the black tie, or the brown uniform with the yellow tie?

Chugginator, like your Hirohito, this is extremely well-done while somehow also seeming very simple. Wonderful work! You really ought to take a break from units to do a few more leaderheads (perhaps round off the WWII selection to make the official Chugginator Collection). Meanwhile, thank you for providing us at long last with a decent Hitler.

Thanks! :) The Chugginator Collection. :lol: I've been thinking about making a better Hirohito, my old one is looking dated now.

The brown uniform refers to his party leadership, whereas the grey refers to his capacity of army leadership (which might be more appropriate for his Leader rôle).

I know you can't see it on black/white pictures. I've actually done a search for his eye colour and I think this is the opinion of historians / people who have met him. The reason for that he was painted with blue eyes could be his own propaganda: a perfect German should have blonde hair and blue eyes, you know. So, how would this look like if the one send by the destiny, the "biggest German", (that's not my opinion, but it is the picture he paint of his own) wouldn't fit that ideal in no ways? Well, it's your LH, but I would give him brown eyes.

The brown uniform refers to his party leadership, whereas the grey refers to his capacity of army leadership (which might be more appropriate for his Leader rôle).

I attached a screenshot with a grey uniform, do you think it suits better?

I know you can't see it on black/white pictures. I've actually done a search for his eye colour and I think this is the opinion of historians / people who have met him. The reason for that he was painted with blue eyes could be his own propaganda: a perfect German should have blonde hair and blue eyes, you know. So, how would this look like if the one send by the destiny, the "biggest German", (that's not my opinion, but it is the picture he paint of his own) wouldn't fit that ideal in no ways? Well, it's your LH, but I would give him brown eyes.

You can tell with black/white pictures, they appear as lighter, usually darker around the outside, whereas brown eyes would be mostly dark. I also found some enemy propaganda which had Hitler with blue eyes, which doesn't go well with your theory. :lol:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot1117.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot1117.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 180
I think if he had some little "leather-belt_sash" thing going on and an armband it would be perfect, but I'd round-out the jaw/chin area a little bit, I think his jaw looks too square, unless that's an animation thing.

And also, I'd go with brown, I think it looks better/more traditionally associated with Hitler. Plus he wasn't that great of a military leader, in fact I think he was a pretty crappy military leader.

Ok, I'll fix his jaw, make the shoulder strap and armband, and make the uniform brown and the tie yellow. Does anyone know what the medal is called that's on his tie in this picture:

It appears to be an eagle, can somebody help me find a closer picture so I can model it?

I attached a screenshot with a grey uniform, do you think it suits better?

It does, though in the end it's a matter of personal taste. (His military capabilities are completely irrelevant to his being a Leader.) But his face indeed looks feminine. Would it be possible to thin his cheeks a bit?

BTW, that propaganda picture looks like a perfect example.

One suggestion: I would be sure not to make the tie too yellow, because I've seen that on other Hitler LHs and it looks really cartoony, and depending on how the leaderhead looks it works or it doesn't. In this case I'd try to make it a little more "gold" in appearance than yellow, kinda like in that propoganda poster you put up. But this is a fantastic LH so far, I mean its really good the way it is now. I think part of the reason he may look feminine, MAYBE, is his lack of any sideburn at all, I think if you made his hair drop a little before the ear he will look a little more man-like, although I can't say I totally agree with the feminine thing to begin with.

BTW: Thanks for helping me out with that Iroquois nonsense Chuggi, I got it to work, although I still have to add a UU and a UB so you'll probably hear from me again soon if I manage to screw that up too.

Top Bottom