Can't Seem To Win Above Warlord

Roblord

Chieftain
Seems like I do great on Warlord, but get totally owned on Noble, which doesn't make much sense to me. I usually play on Huge Pangea maps at Marathon speed with 10 other civs. On Noble, they just seem to gang up on you more and you just end up ovewhelmed. I've read the articles, but even with much micromanagement, I can't beat so many enemies at once. Any tips or am I just going to have to lower the number of enemy civs or remain at Warlord?

Rob

Early on meet as few civilizations as possible. If you haven't "met" them yet they cannot declare war on you. This gives you ample time to build up your cities and fortify them with defensive units well before the infamous DOW. Sure there is the downside of not being able to trade knowledge with other cities, but if you've got a gold producing city you can always buy tech. If you have a tech city you can always sell the useless tech. Just sit back a while and grow.

wrong forum man. Unless you mixed noble with king!

Sounds like you are talking about Civilization 4. This is the Civilization Revolution forum.

Top Bottom