Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions > Civ4 - Bug Reports

Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:16 AM   #1
burdwa
Chieftain

I can't choose civic/religion

hi
i can't choose civic or religion, button "OK" don't exist
i played 3 times and I have the same problem

i founded christianity but i cant choose it

and some words are wrong: TXT_KEY.....

Last edited by burdwa; Sep 15, 2008 at 12:28 AM.
burdwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 09:31 AM   #2
r_rolo1
King of myself

Your BtS install is corrupted. I would strongly suggest you to reinstall it.

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 01:06 PM   #3
burdwa
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_rolo1 View Post
Your BtS install is corrupted. I would strongly suggest you to reinstall it.
i uninstalled civ iv,warlord and bts and then reinstalled, but i still have the same problem
Old Sep 15, 2008, 02:22 PM   #4
ori
Repair Guy

do the following, something messed up your install and remained through the uninstall...

install the most recent version of DirectX 9c from Microsoft

then do the following for a clean reinstall:

Uninstall and Reinstall Civ4 Warlords BtS :

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Civ4
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS)
(note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).
Install Civ4, immediately patch it to 1.61 (download it fresh from here)
Install Warlords, immediately patch it to 2.08 (download it fresh from here)
Install Beyond the Sword, immediately patch to 3.17 (download it fresh from here).

and welcome to the forums
ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:38 PM   #5
burdwa
Chieftain

thanks