New CivRev DLC Coming Tomorrow

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
2K Games announced on its forums that two official downloadable content (DLC) packs will be released tomorrow. Both packs can be used for single-player mode and will be available worldwide for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

FREE SINGLE PLAYER MAP PACK: BRAVE NEW WORLDS

The Brave New Worlds single player map pack includes four all-new maps for Civilization Revolution players to conquer. "Mazeworld" is covered by mountains, making your global expansion all the more tricky. "Chokepoint" is aptly named for its unique terrain structure that forces you to fight for the dominant positions on the map. "Donutworld" has a special donut shape to it (hence its name), and "Checkerboard," a map consisting of similarly sized islands peppered throughout the world.

These four new single player maps are completely free for all players.

SCENARIO PACK: THE VICTORY PACK

The Victory Pack includes three new scenarios for gamers to tackle in single player mode. They include "Enlightenment" where players show off their civilization's grandeur as they vie for a cultural victory, "Hyper Drive," a high-speed space race, and "Gold Rush" where amassing money fast will win the game.

The Victory Pack is available on Xbox Live for 100 MS Points, and on the PlayStation Network for $1.25 US, 0,99 EURO, 0,69 POUNDS, or 1,75 AUS $.
Thanks to Modeltrainman for the news tip.

wow, that's a revolution. It'll change the gameplay so much i'm glad i've waited 3 month

Doesn't the game have an option to randomly generate maps? Why would anyone want to download these?

the other question: why is it only for consoles and not on the system these games are meant to be played on? the pc!

i hate it so much that consoles get preferred more and more in the last couple of years :(

Even if I were inclined to pay even more for such a sparse version of Civ, why would I want more variety in singleplayer, the AI is tremendously weak? Maybe release DLC in the form of working multiplayer for PS3 users. Okay, maybe it would look a little cheeky to charge for what was sold in the original package.

I've been getting free and great content here at civfanatics, why does 2K think they can reinvent a community and make money off of it?

Top Bottom