Regicide FFH Style

Would Regicide be a cool addition to FFH?

• No.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Yes but only if the king units were identical across the civs.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Yes but only if the king units were each different (i.e. warrior, mage, archer, cavalry).

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Yes.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

deadliver

Loud Mouth Amateur
It was suggest a poll for Regicide be set up so here you go!

As suggested by Tyrs I should of mentioned it would be a game option.

Only as an option though, like the game challenges.

I think that this would be a very good option for FfH or even CivIV in general. However, I don't think that it necessarily needs to work the same way that it did in CivIII. For instance, perhaps instead of the "king's" death resulting in an instant kill of the civ, it could stage a leader switch (assuming that the civ has more than one leader). Or perhaps it could trigger several turns of anarchy in all the civ's cities, during which it would be particularly vulnerable and after which it would spawn a new "king" unit in the capital.

I went over why I don't like it in the other thread, I stand by my complaints.

Yes

I started a thread about this one time. I love the idea of having leader units. It would add a nice new feature to the game. If you lose your leader, you lose their special attributes. You could also take them hostage or sacrifice them for different affects depending on which civ you are. Also, you may be able to replace a lost leader with one of your civ's other leaders, if you have one.

There have been complaints that the AI would get screwed if this game option was used, which is a real shame.

Well, the AI is already dumb as hell, so it's a legit complaint.

Thats why I said it was a shame! Maybe they should try to transfer your mind into a computer rocklikeafool, that way we'd have an "AI" that was smarter than this AI anyway and could talk smack when you screw up. :eek:

It would probably take some balancing and a lot of work to make it run well with the AI. It would be tough to stop them from being stupid with the leader units especially if some of them were melee type units.

It should be an option.

I wish I could make a mod.

If it would be cool - depends on exact realization. Regicide needs much planning and tasting and I am afraid that it needs much bigger changes in FFH mechanism then just gameplay option - more like enough big modmod.

Including a regicide option would ruin the uniqueness of the Hyborem and Basium heroes. I am completely against this and IMO there is no way Kael would consider adding this to FFH. If you guys really want this done, then you'll have to do it yourself.

Like several people said, the AI would need a lot of work to not trow away their King, and like Kol.& said, it would wreck the uniqueness of Basium and Hyborem.
So, I say No. If you want to mod-mod it, then do as you like.

Thats why I said it was a shame! Maybe they should try to transfer your mind into a computer rocklikeafool, that way we'd have an "AI" that was smarter than this AI anyway and could talk smack when you screw up. :eek:

Ok...some1 needs to calm the f*ck down. You never said why it was a shame you. You said it was a shame that there were complaints. And...if you need some1 to flame, find a hooker or somethin. Insult her/him.

Do I? Well, interestin. But jus 1 question, do you know any 12 year olds who say f*ck? And 12 year olds who smoke? Or drink? I doubt it. Insult some1 else now. Peace.

Hahaha. Ever heard of London? Manchester? New York? I hear its all the rage in Inner City schools...

Thats true, my little cousins smoke all the time in London...

Thanks for your input so far guys! Looks like there is some interest in this idea, too bad I can't mod.

Top Bottom