SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism II- 1923-1953

After relocating to Conquests\ it gives another error. Now I'm missing a stadium icon. Mind that back in time I had AoI II 1.0 installed, but now I'm trying to install the new version from scratch. Has anyone tried that?

Hi, TsarNikolai,
I tried the seperate downloads but had no succes with those. Now I just took Amsterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg with the one download :)
Ps.
Don't use the patch it is outdated.

Sorry for a late answer. I am busy with RL things and in the last days forgot to have a look here. At first I have simply no idea what is happening with the buildings. I never had these problems and simply no clue, what's going wrong! I only suggest to reinstall the game after deinstalling the old version (but make a copy before doing so).
For the other problem: I thought I had erased every link in the inis to other units out of the folder. Sorry, I forgot this one. Here is the new ini attached. Just replace them with the ini in the Aoi II/art/units/Z078 CGarrison folder.
Any other problems I missed?

Adler

Attachments

• Z078 CGarrison.rar
    602 bytes · Views: 502
I will try it and say if there are any other problems, I will have to download the Whole Download again so expect an answer in an hour(?).

Tell me the units and I will make a patch. However, before we have a long time in communicating, please go into the folders and delete the links to the sounds. So you can fasten up it much better. Thanks.

Adler

Well the only I've gotten so far is the
art/Units/x001worker/../Worker Modern/ WorkerModernCapture.Wav

Error, also I don't get by what you mean
delete the links to the sounds. So you can fasten up it much better. Thanks.
Can you explain a little more? Thanks

In AoI II folder there is a folder called arts and a subfolder called units. In this folder there are the folders of the units, for example X001 Worker. In this folder there is a file called X001 worker.ini. That is the very same with the other units. So a folder B002 Tiger class has an ini file called B002 Tiger class.ini.
So if you open the ini of the unit making problems, you can scrall down to an area called Sound effects. They are something like this:

[Sound Effects]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=
WALK=
RUN=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernRun.amb
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernDeath.wav
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=
VICTORY=
TURNLEFT=
TURNRIGHT=
BUILD=
ROAD=..\Worker Modern\workerModernRoad.amb
MINE=..\Worker Modern\workerModernMine.amb
IRRIGATE=..\Worker Modern\workerModernIrrigate.amb
JUNGLE=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernJungle.amb
FOREST=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernForest.amb
FORTRESS=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernFortress.amb
CAPTURE=..\Worker Modern\WorkerModernCapture.wav
PLANT=..\Worker Modern\workerModernPlant.amb
STOP_AT_LAST_FRAME=
[Version]
VERSION=1
[Palette]
PALETTE=

If you delete the ..\WorkerModern\* you won't have sounds for now for this unit, but the error does not occur anymore, too. So if you delete it, you can get the game started, when the last error is found and this way eradicated. Then tell me only the units making problems and I will correct it.
Sorry, I can't do that on my own, as I have not that much time and a working system.

Adler

It worked!!!
And the only thing that is needed to be fixed is the error that I said before.
Thanks for the help :)

art/Units/x001worker/../Worker Modern/ WorkerModernCapture.Wav

Thats the error just incase.

EDIT:I'm like the 2nd(?) turn in and I went to the scientific advisor and when I went to the 2nd scientific era I got an error,
art\civlopedia\icons\units\Reppu_M.pcx

Here is the new ini for the worker. Also there is a new pediaicons.txt. Please replace the old one in AoI II/text. I forgot an S in it.

Adler

Attachments

• X001 Worker.rar
    624 bytes · Views: 457
  • PediaIcons.rar
    35.6 KB · Views: 513
For the PediaIcons, if I download it and do all the stuff will it automaticly work for a saved game? or Will i have to start a new one?

For the PediaIcons, if I download it and do all the stuff will it automaticly work for a saved game? or Will i have to start a new one?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to start a new game.

Hey Adler

Just downloaded the game files and updates in posts 284 and 292 but when I load Civ3 it doesn't show either of the biqs in the civ content section.

I have already tried downloading it again with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: Don't worry Adler, I realized I didn't change the exe

Great mod by the way just played some turns as Spain.

Thanks

Nurgle

On another forum I had talked to someone, who had deleted Austria and gave their assets to Germany, Poland and Balcan. What do you think about this? Would that strengenth Germany too much? Or even weaken them?

Adler

Lurker's comment:

I cannot recall if they are in a locked alliance as they are in some scenarios. If they are, then it may help them as I have seen the allinace get each of them into wars they would not have and not to their benefit.

It would seriously reduce the concept of historical aspects.

Top Bottom