Pitboss: James009 as the Woodsmen

James009

Warlord
James009 as Chief of the Woodsmen

400BC- From the Woods
Spoiler :
"And from the woods, they emerged"

I finally have a decent starting location with a coast (I can only assume), gold, and some cows. I start by moving my Warrior unit to begin scouting the surrounding land and discover a tribal village which I set as his new objective. I also plan to take a few turns to get my settler into a better position. I send my settler to the coast where it will have access to the coast, gold, 2x cows, and some hills. Additionally, I have river access so I know I will have food.

My long term plan is to settle London on the coast (marked X), create a Scout and then begin some development, continue to scout the surrounding terrain, and then create a worker when around 2-3 population.

However, I awaken to discover that I have been "temporary disposed" by a Mr. DaveShack. My troops are outside of communication and my settler waits for orders, I only hope that I can get to them in time!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7478456&postcount=128

3920 BC- Settlement
Spoiler :
"A leader disposed has returned to his rightful helm"

After losing control I have regained command and control of my mighty tribe. I have decided to forgo a turn in order to gain access to the coast and, in doing so, I have lost access to Ivory for my capital city. I have decided it best to wait to gain access to the Ivory at a later time, I don't need it now anyways.

During my absence the AI leadership decided it best to follow my long term plans of building London on the coast and moving the Warrior to make contact with the tribal village. My Warrior delegation discovered the tribal village to be friendly and I gained 40 GP from their hospitality.

My sages have began research into the arts of agriculture so as we can better feed our people, next I plan to look into animal husbandry, and then Mysticism.

Additionally, I have began to work on a Barracks in order to train better troops and to waste time until I can build a worker. Also, I plan to build a monolith as soon as possible. Lastly, I've decided that once I reach a population of around two or three I plan to switch production to a worker in order to improve surrounding lands.

Moral is high in the Woodsmen population, there is nothing we can't do!

Events:
3920 BC-
  • Settlement of London (Capital) [civ4]
  • Regained control of tribe :king:
On a personal note I was very afraid that the AI was going to screw up my settlement plans and just settle wherever it could, I'm very happy to see that they actually followed the queued actions I had set for everyone (DON'T ever doubt queuing!). However, it is very good to be back in control of my civilization again as I was fearing we would have to restart.

I'm right where I want to be right now and looking forward to a good game!

@Fed1943:
I realize that I am losing the Ivory, however, I figure I'll get it later. No real rush to get it right now, I'd rather have coastal access. Also, I actually made up the two hills that I lost as there was another hill to the North and one to the West. Thanks for the tip though!

Note: I'm going to try to have an image to relate to every thread. Hopefully you can enjoy the game as much as I am.

3720 BC- First Contact
Spoiler :
"Men emerged opposite of us, we stood our ground and met them"

Early exploration reports have come in and the results are unfortunate, we have a nearby neighbor, the French. My exploration of Warriors have come accross a French exploration party and have made initial contact with thier nation.

Their leader, a man by the name of De Gaulle, claims to have the "richest and finest noses in human history". He comes across as somewhat reckless and pompous but otherwise only wants whats best for his people. I hope to be able to maintain positive relations with his people for the near future.

However, this discovery means that I must focus on early expansion and become more aggressive. I will also need to maintain a military force that is as large or larger then my neighbors. Also, this will likely draw resources away from naval exploration as I will have to divert those to infantry and defense.

Overall, an unfortunate discovery...

Lastly, London grew in size this year and now all of the resources surrounding her are within range. :)

Top Bottom