When wishing to raise an old topic...

It depends... If the old thread isn't that old then renew it but if its a proper old topic then start a new thread, as they may have new views.

It is a catch-22, IMHO. Some will likely complain either way, but usually at least one person squeezes in a complaint if the thread is more than a few weeks old. To me, as long as it is a relevant (e.g., purposeful) thing, I don't mind at all... there was some dude a little while back what was just resurrecting threads to be annoying, but I won't coment on what I'd do to that person, as AoA and Lefty will nail such people. :)

If you have something to add to an exsisting thread, then do so.

If it's something stupid...:slay:

If you have new discusion on a topic, raising a thread that already has good material on that topic in it is PREFERRED. This reduces repetativeness. You MUST add new content, and not merely bump the thread leaving it to others to discuss it.

Do not, however, raise old threaads for nostalgias sake, or where they a mostly void of content.

You can ask a moderator to bring a thread back. I saw that happened once.

Someone raised an old topic just now. An eleven year old topic, to be precise. 'Grats on finding a legitimate way to do it, Zelig. :goodjob:

A of A walks the earth once more...

In general it is best to start a new thread unless the previous one is recent.

A of A walks the earth once more...

In general it is best to start a new thread unless the previous one is recent.

Maybe in OT where its more or less the exact same arguments from the same people over and over again, but in other forums I think Lefty's post rings true. Especially for games.

If you have new discusion on a topic, raising a thread that already has good material on that topic in it is PREFERRED. This reduces repetativeness. You MUST add new content, and not merely bump the thread leaving it to others to discuss it.

Do not, however, raise old threaads for nostalgias sake, or where they a mostly void of content.

Top Bottom