SCH0003 - Exploring The Arcane

Yeah, I agree, I prefer a stable version over the new one, next game we can play on the new one?

SO we'll be playing the latest version of .34? I see no reason not to move to .40, as the only changes to the game are major AI improvments. The patches will probably not affect the ranodom games.

I'm, however, quite happy with .34.

I think we should move to .40 and wait for a few patches to come out. I've got patience.

Hmm. I'll try to get some time off today to transfer the patch - Schwartz, I don't think I can attach a 300 mb file to a mail, so perhaps Trynthlas can let you use his ftp (which is how I transfer the patch to him).

Hmm. I'll try to get some time off today to transfer the patch - Schwartz, I don't think I can attach a 300 mb file to a mail, so perhaps Trynthlas can let you use his ftp (which is how I transfer the patch to him).

Good point :p
Ask him.. otherwise i'll think of something else.

Here we are! This is FfH Version 2.040d
The full game settings:

Our mystical leader:

This is the first start I rolled:

PS: I want to get this game started tomorrow night with ~30 turns. Oh, and I will shrink any further images.
And the save:

Attachments

• SCH0003 AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42 KB · Views: 87
I'd go fpr settling 1NW. You'd gain a sheep and fresh water, as well as lose several water tiles. Water tiles are much weaker than in BtS, and all we'd havein the BFC would be 2 clams, which could be improved by a later, more profitable, coastal city.

Why would we settle away from the coast?:eek: I say we settle one tile west, we gain a sheep.

On examining the start closer I would first move the northmost unit one tile NE. If there is a resource there settling 1NE would probably be best.
If there isn't a resource then 1W as Dux suggested would be fine with me. I'm not sure I want to move off the coast, but I'm open to being convinced :D

durrr...call me blind, but where are you getting a 0.40d patch? Only download I see available is the full 0.40 posted on the 16th, which I'm assuming isn't version d.

Also, water tiles may be less useful than in BtS (why is that?) but settling 1 tile off the coast is almost always very, very silly.

MANA! I can feel it's power already... :devil:

No, seriously, looks like a fine start, I'd say 1NE.

Do we want Cra->Min or Exp->Fis techwise?

I'd head towards Fishing, take up Mysticism somewhere along the way and start cranking out Great Sages.

Got us rolling with 25 turns.

So we started by moving the warrior NE, and the scout SW. This revealed a corn in the west which makes the 1W location all that much more appealing.

So I did that, and Cevedes was founded and started training a warrior:

I set tech to agriculture (20) on the way to education for some cottages and hopefully hook up that corn early.

I foolishly click the "Explore Lair" button on a barrow in the close NW and reveal the Giant Spider...

Meanwhile, in the east, exploration has revealed a wealth of floodplains and we've met Faeryl Viconia and Ethne The White (I can't find her unit...)

After the initial warrior finished (just in time to defend us from the skeleton) I started a new scout to hopefully track the giant spider's movements..

However, just 3 turns later our warrior in the EAST kills the giant spider (the same one?? I don't know..)

A couple of turns later Cardith Lorda shows up, I can't find his unit either. Also, the brand new scout ends his turn next to a giant spider... Chose education after agriculture, although in hindsight we might want to go exp->fishing next as diamondeye suggested.

A new warrior is finished on turn 25 to protect the capital (or explore, if you so choose) and I have queued a worker up, which has 0 hammers invested.

The map:

Roster:
Schwartz
Dux -> UP
Diamondeye -> On deck
Satyr
PaulusIII
Trynthlas

Save:

Attachments

• SCH0003 AD-0025.CivBeyondSwordSave
    75.3 KB · Views: 75