Office of Exploration

My current thoughts:
The NE warrior should ensure there are no holes in the wall of mountains. Right now, that means checking 1NE of his current position.
The W warrior should heal in the yet to be settled 2nd city, then proceed W, and follow the mountains north to determine the natural chokepoints of the landmass surrounding the western flank of our capital.
The new Warrior should either inspect the lands to the NE if the current NE warrior finds a path through the mountains, or otherwise follow the eastern mountain range to find any chokepoints/holes. (Assuming he is not needed for settler watching, can someone confirm/deny this need?)

I agree with moving warrior 1 NE, it's very important to find out if there's a gap in that mountain range.

Maybe we should keep warrior 2 as a military policeman in the city?

Why is the gap in the mountains critical? There either is or is not a gap. If no gap, we or them just go around. If there is a gap, we or them go through.

Resource exploration and settling sites should be our focus, keeping in mind we have NOT even seen a single non-animal unit yet!

It's important to know the avenues in which our rivals can use to reach our cities. 1 tile chokepoints are vital to control, because it's either that, invest a lot of hammers in a nazy, or invest a lot of extra turns to go the long way around.

I agree that it's going to be REALLY important to know where the chokepoints / passageways are.
We've already got a few good city locations, now we need territory control.

Indeed.

Besides, it'll only take a single turn to find out of there's a passage there.

Another important consideration is to get naval exploration started sooner than later. I think this is important since we are guaranteed to find our rivals either by land and/or by sea (before optics, as stipulated to Sullla as a condition of the map).

I think that we would do best to take advantage of this fact by extending our feelers to locate rivals before they find us.

We would need to know when barb galleys start showing up.

About T80 on normal speed.

About the choke points....YES they WILL be important....but at this early stage, not so much...we may have cities on the other side of ALL 3 mountain ranges before anyone comes a calling.

About T80 on normal speed.

About the choke points....YES they WILL be important....but at this early stage, not so much...we may have cities on the other side of ALL 3 mountain ranges before anyone comes a calling.

We also may not. Better to be prepared than unprepared.

we can go around back and check the choke point from the other side:

At this point the above plan will take only 1 turn longer than backtracking with the added bonus that if it is NOT a pass then the 2 turns to go the southern route would be a waste.

I think we should proceed North.

Warrior #1 north
Warrior #2 NW-NW

So, we have W1 (our original warrior) going north around the mountains.
W2 (our warrior in Copper Kettle) goes NW/NW (up the river)
W3 is shown in the plan to go up the coast - I'm not sure what that will buy us?

So, we have W1 (our original warrior) going north around the mountains.
W2 (our warrior in Copper Kettle) goes NW/NW (up the river)

Yes.

W3 is shown in the plan to go up the coast - I'm not sure what that will buy us?

I don't like him going there, to be honest. I'm not sure how long until barbs show up, but I suspect it isn't long, so IMO it would be much better to send him SE and fogbust the jungle. It's the most likely area to be spawning barbs on us, so I would preferably want to be watching it.

For the record, are we going worker > settler, worker > warrior > settler, or something else?

Top Bottom