The CavKaz Treaty

Kaleb, I am confused, are we giving them more techs regardless of whether they get Oracle or not?

If they miss Oracle, they will basically get Writing "free" from us.

If they get something other than Feudalism with Oracle, they will give that instead of Feudalism (ie if it becomes obvious another team is likely to get Oracle before them, they won't be able to wait until Monarchy is teched)

So there is a risk we will do less well out of the deal in the (unlikely) event that someone else beats them to Oracle. But on the whole, I think this is a risk worth taking, as Cav will not let the deal through if we only put the last tech on condition of them getting Oracle first. The feel that this means we are leaving them to shoulder all the burden of risk involved in building the wonder and that we aren't really intersted in partnership of equals.

They are being so generous in giving us Feudalism without asking much in return because they recognise that we are also risking something in taking the gambit with them.

The deal is sent Niklas.

The CavKaz Treaty: Negotiated

§1. Peace and Non-Aggression

* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to take no hostile
action of any kind towards the other people.
* This state of peace and non-aggression will last indefinitely, and
can only be cancelled by written notice 20 turns in advance.
* Such notice to cancel the state of assured peace can not be given
before the year 1 AD (turn 115).

§2. Open Borders
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to open borders with
each other, to allow the free passage of units and merchants alike.
* This state of Open Borders will be effective immediately (turn 48), on both
sides, from the signature of this treaty.
* Upon the completion of Writing by either people, this will be
handled via a formal Open Borders agreement. Until that time, it will
be handled through a phony state of war, starting by the signature of this treaty, with the provision that sailing over the clam is not permissible and the boat should sail around it.

§3. Mutual Technological Advancement
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to cooperate on the
advancement of knowledge to get to Alphabet and Monarchy as soon as
possible (before turn 70).
* Both peoples agree to adhere to the attached advancement plan as
close as possible.
* Both peoples agree to carry out research at the highest sustainable
speed, with no stockpiling of gold beyond that reasonably needed to
deal with adverse events.
* Exceptions to the advancement plan may be given in a state of
emergency, or in the case of an urgent domestic need.
* If either people wishes to invoke such an exception, it must notify
the other people of its intent and reasons for the deviation.
* Upon completion of the respective beelines, the related technologies
will be immediately traded to the other people.
* Both peoples agree that mutual technological advancement will
continue beyond the completion of the immediate goals, but that plans
for the future are to be negotiated at later points, as addendums to
this treaty.
* Both peoples agree that a cooperative spirit is more important in
such an alliance than strict adherence to minute advantage to the own
team.
Team Cavaleiros and Team Kazakhstan agree to form an Exclusive Tech Alliance (ETA). Neither member of the ETA will buy, sell or trade technologies with a civ/team outside the ETA without the consent of the other ETA member.

Animal Husbandry, Hunting and Writing from Team Kaz for Meditation from Team Cav on turn #1
Priesthood gifted from Team Cav to Team Kaz on turn #2
Monarchy gifted from Team Cav to Team Kaz turn #3, Oracle completed by Team Cav same turn
Feudalism from Team Cav for Alphabet from Team Kaz by turn #4

§4. Resources
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree that in the case that
either team has a spare resource to trade, they will first try to
negotiate a trade with the other people of this treaty. Only if no
such deal is possible will the people consider trading that resource
to a third people.

§5. Religion and Oracle
* The people of the Cavaleiros recognize the wishes and needs of the
people of Kazakhstan for a religion, and will agree to let Kazakhstan
have priority for researching any technology that leads to a religion,
after the completion of the initial advancement plan (Code of Law/Philosophy).
* Both peoples recognize that Cavaleiros builds the Oracle, then the free technology received (Feudalism) will be
traded for Alphabet with Kazakhstan.

- *If team Cav fail to acieve the Oracle first then Team Kaz will gift Alphabet to Team Cav on the turn the failure is confirmed.
- *If team Cav build the Oracle before being able to slingshot to Feudalism they agree to give the tech they get instead in exchange

§6. Extension
* Both peoples agree that the intent is to find and include a third
civilized people with which to share technological advancement, and
agree to work actively towards finding such a people.
* The exact terms of the cooperation with this third people will be
negotiated when relevant, and the contents of this documents are not
to be seen as binding in any way towards this third people

Ok, the time has come, I am going to send through the treaty as this:

Spoiler :
§0. Treaty Duration and cancellation terms
* This treaty will last indefinitely, and can only be cancelled by written notice 20 turns in advance.
* Such notice to cancel the treaty can not be given before the year 1 AD (turn 115).

§1. Peace and Non-Aggression
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to take no hostile action of any kind towards the other people.

§2. Open Borders
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to open borders with each other, to allow the free passage of units and merchants alike.
* This state of Open Borders will be effective immediately, on both sides, from the signature of this treaty.
* Upon the completion of Writing by either people, this will be handled via a formal Open Borders agreement. If passage is needed before that time, it will be handled through a phony state of war.

§3. Mutual Technological Advancement
* Team Cavaleiros and Team Kazakhstan agree to form an Exclusive Tech Alliance (ETA). Neither member of the ETA will buy, sell or trade technologies with a civ/team outside the ETA without the consent of the other ETA member.
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree to cooperate on the
advancement of knowledge to achieve the following trade as soon as possible:
- Team Kazakhstan to give Hunting, Animal Husbandry, Writing, Alphabet
- Team Cavaleiros to give Meditation, Preisthood, Monarchy, Feudalism*
- *If team Cav fail to acieve the Oracle first then Team Kaz will gift Alphabet to Team Cav on the turn after the failure is confirmed.
- *If team Cav build the Oracle before being able to slingshot to Feudalism they agree to give the tech they get instead in exchange
* Both peoples agree to adhere to follow the agreed advancement plan as close as possible:
- Team Kazakhstan to tech Writing > Alphabet
- Team Cavaleiros to tech Priesthood > Monarchy > Feudalism (through Oracle)

* Both peoples agree to carry out research at the highest sustainable speed, with no stockpiling of gold beyond that reasonably needed to deal with adverse events.
* Exceptions to the advancement plan may be given in a state of emergency, or in the case of an urgent domestic need.
* If either people wishes to invoke such an exception, it must notify the other people of its intent and reasons for the deviation.
* Upon completion of the respective beelines, the related technologies will be traded as quickly as pre-requisites restrictions allow, with Alphabet and Feudalism being exchanged on the same turn.
* Both peoples agree that mutual technological advancement will continue beyond the completion of the immediate goals, but that plans for the future are to be negotiated at later points, as addendums to this treaty.
* Both peoples agree that a cooperative spirit is more important in such an alliance than strict adherence to minute advantage to the own team.

§4. Resources
* The peoples of Cavaleiros and Kazakhstan agree that in the case that either team has a spare resource to trade, they will first try to negotiate trade with the other people of this treaty. Only if no such deal is possible will the people consider trading that resource to a third people.

§5. Religion and Oracle
* The people of the Cavaleiros recognize the wishes and needs of the people of Kazakhstan for a religion, and will agree to let Kazakhstan have priority for researching any technology that leads to a religion, after the completion of the inital advancement plan.
* The people of Kazakhstan agree to not build the Oracle and the people of Cavaleiros agree to build it with all due haste.

§6. Extension
* Both peoples agree that the intent is to find a third civilized people to include in the Exclusive Tech Alliance, and agree to work actively towards finding such a people.
* The exact terms of the cooperation with this third people will be negotiated when relevant, and the contents of this documents are not to be seen as binding in any way towards this third people unless all three parties agree for it to be so.

I will update the first post of this thread with this text shortly.

* Upon completion of the respective beelines, the related technologies will be traded as quickly as pre-requisites restrictions allow, with Alphabet and Feudalism being exchanged on the same turn.

Ok, you fixed it, sorry, good work

Ok, you fixed it, sorry, good work :)

Provo? Have you sent Niklas your own version of the treay? If so, how? As agreed, official communications need to be sent via the team email account. That's how the copy of the treaty, as compiled in this thread, has been sent.

Provo? Have you sent Niklas your own version of the treay? If so, how? As agreed, official communications need to be sent via the team email account. That's how the copy of the treaty, as compiled in this thread, has been sent.

Good one, your latest revision will do. Niklas got one to check through, and they fully agreed to it. So this will work out, thank you.

Good one, your latest revision will do. Niklas got one to check through, and they fully agreed to it. So this will work out, thank you.
Does this mean treaty is approved??? If so then we need to disclose the wb. Provo did you already disclose??? Or are we sending an "official" disclosure letter???:confused:

We havent agreed on the workboat yet, Sommerswerd, that is a totally separate discussion not part of this deal. When they have ratified it, we will see how we develop our relationship from there. Please do not complicate this process more than it already is.

We havent agreed on the workboat yet, Sommerswerd, that is a totally separate discussion not part of this deal. When they have ratified it, we will see how we develop our relationship from there. Please do not complicate this process more than it already is.
Ok, but your last message seemed to say that:
Niklas got one to check through
AND "they" (Cavalieros)
fully agreed to it
I inferred from these statements that treaty treaty had been approved... I know you are against disclosing wb but I thought that maybe if treaty had already been approved you might have bowed to majority... silly me... let the agruments commence:)

If I am off-topic... I will re-post in embassy thread. EDIT: I posted in new "National Security" thread.

There is no established majority for disclosing the workboat Sommerswerd, that is your figment of imagination. Please do not usurp majority and consensus terms please.

Keeping the workboat secret for 5-8 more turns is critical to our game, and if you are a working hard to undo this ploy, I am not very positive to it.

There is no established majority for disclosing the workboat Sommerswerd, that is your figment of imagination.
OK, my mistake... My imagination runs wild sometimes:), remember "Votegate" on the city3 issue?

Anyway I posted in new "National Security" thread, so we can move the fight there...OK Provo?

There is no established majority for disclosing the workboat Sommerswerd, that is your figment of imagination. Please do not usurp majority and consensus terms please.

Keeping the workboat secret for 5-8 more turns is critical to our game, and if you are a working hard to undo this ploy, I am not very positive to it.

Perhaps we need a poll about the workboat. I vote we tell Team Cav about ASAP.

Provo, did you send a copy of the treaty to Team Cav? Kaleb asked you about this but I do not understand the answer you gave him.

OK, my mistake... My imagination runs wild sometimes:), remember "Votegate" on the city3 issue?

yeah, you like totally imaginged, Donsig, cav scout and myself all saying that supported the idea of us telling Cav about the wb as soon as the treaty is signed. stop smoking the green stuff

Btw - drum roll please - Team Cav have signed the treaty!!

To our friends and allies, Team Kazakhstan, we send greetings and
salutations from the Cavaleiros!

We have received your counter-proposal, and it has been received in
very good standing with our people. There is a unanimous support for
adopting the proposal you have sent, with no further edits. So I am
pleased to announce that Team Cavaleiros hereby formally accepts the
treaty.

We will have our scribes put this down on fine papyrus, and we can
both add our respective seals to it, just for the added formality.
There should be no rush for this though, the treaty is now in effect,
and we will act accordingly.

Long live the CavKaz alliance! :high5:

In friendship and cooperation,
Niklas dos Cavaleiros

Very good news, I simply sent the latest edit to Niklas personally, to clear it with him. If he did not support the proposal, our main sponsor, his more troublesome team mates would not back it (Yes, he got a few troublesome in his team too).

Wonderful:D Now we need to disclose the wb... But first, I would ask that we give Provo at least 3 or 4 hours (since he is currently online [you are the only one on team that uses the "stealth" option Provo]) to contact Niklas and preserve his credibility. It will serve us well in the long run...;)

Already done, he took it well and he thinks this may deepen the cooperation. Just go ahead with the promissory diplomatic note.

Very good news, I simply sent the latest edit to Niklas personally, to clear it with him. If he did not support the proposal, our main sponsor, his more troublesome team mates would not back it (Yes, he got a few troublesome in his team too).

As long as the one you send matched the other one we sent. :lol:

BTW, who is troublesome on our team? :mischief:

How about this for a reply:

Proposed note to Team Cav said:
Greetings to our Cavaleiros Brothers!

We are pleased to hear that our treaty negotiations are over. It has been a long and daunting process but well worthwhile. We await your papyrus and have planned a wonderful signing ceremony to be capped by a grand party.

Will you be declaring war on us now that we have a peace treaty? :lol: As soon as we have writing we will arrange for the in game open borders agreement. Just so you know, the workboat we sent in that direction long ago has not located any other peoples and has found only one path to follow.

donsig
Kazakhstan Foreign Minister

Since we insisted they sign their notes we have to as well. I'd like a better title but I'm not that familiar with Borat's comedy.
We need to come up with a seal. Anyone with an artistic flair out there?

I'm fine with that note, I'll send it now

Top Bottom