Arquebus

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
Inspired by all those Arquebus threads, here is my contribution (originally for FfH II)
it is completely custom, modelled, rigged and tetured form ground up by myself :p

Awesome unit seZereth! :goodjob:

Sorry to bug, but I have a question for you. How do you get the rig inside of Blender to work with Civ4 animations? Mind you, I am not asking how you rig the model to bones inside of blender, I have already done that before.

But I am asking how do you get the bones to work with civ 4 animations? It is something that I haven't been able to figure out for a while, forcing me to use the (somewhat tedious) nifviewer method to rebone the units to whatever animations I want.

Anyone have an idea as to what I could use these guys for? I am making a mod and I want to use this unit for something (because its pretty cool) but I can't figure out a spot for them. I guess I could use them as Barbarian musketmen, but how often do those pop up?

Any ideas?

I guess I could use them as Barbarian musketmen, but how often do those pop up?

They don't: Barbs can't build muskets (see Civ4CivilizationInfos):

<Unit>
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_MUSKETMAN</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>NONE</UnitType>
</Unit>

Any ideas?

My initial thought is as a North American "trapper" musketeer, so perhaps as a graphic upgrade of the scout or explorer if you use the era's as graphic upgrades. Or perhaps a bit Celtic/Scottish style, but that is a far sought.

Awesome unit seZereth! :goodjob:

Sorry to bug, but I have a question for you. How do you get the rig inside of Blender to work with Civ4 animations? Mind you, I am not asking how you rig the model to bones inside of blender, I have already done that before.

But I am asking how do you get the bones to work with civ 4 animations? It is something that I haven't been able to figure out for a while, forcing me to use the (somewhat tedious) nifviewer method to rebone the units to whatever animations I want.

So, I hope this is the answer to your question:
I usually import the original unit I want to use the animation for (lets say musketman.nif) into blender.
Then I go into edit mode, slide the whole original mesh to the side, place my mesh where the original one was (so, that the mesh fits the bones). then I combine my mesh with the original one (select first your mesh, than the other one and combine them, delete unneccessary materials). after that I delete the original mesh, leaving my new mesh parented to the original armature. (you could also simply delete the original one and parent your mesh (in object mode) to the armature...).
Then I select all and export it to a nif. then it works :D

Nice unit. I think i will use it as a 'brigand', a sort of land based priveteer, hidden nationality, can pillage, and explore rival territory, but i suppose it can't be made to blockade like a priveteer (without sdk changes)?

I tried the method seZereth and it worked!! :D

I'll just say good bye tedious bone transplanting! :woohoo:

Now I can work directly from blender, Thanks seZereth!

Top Bottom