Weekend Specials Online

It is $9.75 here in BC and will be increasing to $10.25 on May 1st ($1 less for liquor servers), which bumps us from the lowest at $8.25 to tying with Ontario for 2nd place. $15 an hour is good when starting out in construction and trade work...

But yeah, the prices are still too damn high in Oz.

Am I wrong if I said the minimum wage in Australia is something like 15$ per hour? (and the Australian dollar is worth a bit more than the US dollar) It's not even 10$ in Canada, and it's probably worse in most US states. I wonder what the average salary is for an average worker in Australia.

Even with this disparity, twice the price doesn't quite add up though.

US Federal guaranteed minimum wage is $7.25/hour.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/america.htm

I just remembered that I have a couple of Steam coupons from that Holiday sale thing they did last year.

And they expire March 1 :(

Just a heads up if anyone with Steam still has theirs. I have a -25% for Valve games, I'll wait until the end of the month hoping for a sale I can stack it with.

Skyrim was up for sale; I distinctly remember the existence of 33% off Bethesda coupons.

I have a feeling that any daily deal until March 1st won't be for games which have coupons available. So far I have yet to see one.

There's been plenty so far. Of the coupons I've got, probably about half the deals between the new year and now have been usable, and only a few of the times I've felt the discount was worth it. Often you'll get sales of 50% when there's been 75% in the past, so with a 50% coupon it's effectively a 75% sale.

@PeteAtoms,
First of all I doubt we'll see any Valve games on sale before March 1. Part of my reasoning is that there are a metric craptonne of Valve coupons out in the wild. I have something like 15 50% Valve coupons myself. For the last 1 or 2 days of the xmas sale Valve ran out of third-party prizes and were mainly giving away Valve coupons.

For Valve coupons, anything less than 50% wouldn't be worth using, so don't bother with your 25% one. You can have some of mine if you want.

Gamersgate is having a very large sale (or continuing?). Many games for $2.50 each.
Bummer that my $3 gift card doesn't allow overseas purchases.

And we missed a Mojang-based Indie Bundle...rats.

Gamersgate is having a sale with strategy titles:
Majesty 2 and it's expansions, Sword of the stars I (complete +all? expansion packs), Sword of the Stars II, Painkiller and loads of train simulations are from 20% to 50 % off.
What it means is,
Master of orion, ~1.5 euros
MOO 2, 2 euros
Majesty 2, single packs are below 2 euros.
Majesty 2 complete, is ~5 euros
SOTS complete, is 6 euros
Cities in motion, ~7 euros.
SOTS II is 9 euros, but it was realy buggy at launch.

All those are worthy games that anyone who loves strategy should play. I defn. recommend Majesty 2 (rather easy) and SOTS (Conquer the space!) and probably am gonna get them.

There's much other stuff there aswell.

Its 2K Games weekend on the Steam starting today; most 2K games on Steam are half off, and every day of the sale there will be that daily deal type thing they do where a game or franchise of theirs is even more discounted. Today its Borderlands, at 75% off.

All EUIII titles and DLC is 75% off on http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Sengoku is also 55% off (although you are probably better off getting Crusader Kings II), as well various titles like Never Winter Nights and Baldur's Gate are 50% off.

For our eurobros, here's Shogun 2 Total War (physical copy) for 7€ at Play.com. Also, it's 10€ on steam right now. I highly recommend it to fans of strategy games.

$5.99 for me.......

Gamersgate have a sale on their 1C Complete pack at the moment.

$20.92 (70% off $69.74), I think it's 87 items.

Considering you get 5 cents store credit for each game you rate that's more than $4 you can sort of get back too (unless rating games from packs work differently to how I expect).

I'm wondering if any of you consider some of the games in there to be any good. At a glance, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile for:

Cryostasis
Fantasy Wars
Space Rangers 2 Reboot
Star Wolves series looks ok.

Any other games in there that stand out?

The Kings Bounty series is something to think about.
It's more or less a Heroes Of Might And Magic game, but with some differences (only 1 hero, no city management, real time on the overview map).
The 4 titles boil down to 2 titles with the same engine, and 2 expansions for the second.
I got them all via game magazines, and if you get into the game they're pretty time consuming. If you like Hex based combat, then the time/cost ratio will be pretty good.

Else Ascension to the Throne might fall into the same category, but what I read it was not really good :dunno:.

The 1C Complete pack looks like a really good deal !! Thanks for the tip.

I've wanted the "Men of War" series of games, and it looks like you get 4 of them in the pack.

I've also always wanted to to try the "UFO Aftermath" series....

Top Bottom