[UXP] Legends of Revolutions

Anybody have this minor glitch/bug? GG are being generated for all the various Civs in my current game, and I just noticed, around 1450 AD, that their all being named "Great General". Did it just run out of names or is there some other reason? Just wondering, it's not a big deal, just curious. This is still one of the best Mods ever done.

This is not unique to LoR. Civ only has so many names for great people, once they're all used up you just get generic "Great Whatever".

Just wondering if anyone has experienced an LoR crash to desktop .. i received a W7 "Program Close" error with the following details .. i suspect it may be video related but i'm not sure how to interpret the following error data:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cf1e4bf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00120860
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

If anyone has some advice on hw to interpret the above error data it would be greatly appreciated ..

Just wondering if anyone has experienced an LoR crash to desktop .. i received a W7 "Program Close" error with the following details .. i suspect it may be video related but i'm not sure how to interpret the following error data:

Problem signature:
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00120860

If anyone has some advice on hw to interpret the above error data it would be greatly appreciated ..

As I recall, that error means the app tried to access memory not allocated to it. That's a programming error, not checking bounds. Win7 is much better at detecting that condition than previous versions. If you add the "offset" value to the memory address where the app is loaded, you can see how close to the end of your physical memory it is. Bear in mind that since this is a 32-bit program, it can only access the first 4 GB of memory, and the OS plus your video memory will chew up 1+GB of that. In practice, only about 2GB will be available for the game.

Things you can do:
Reduce the resolution of the graphics in the game menu of the current game (low res textures and smaller screen size), use a smaller map size and/or fewer opponents for a new game, and in either case close unnecessary programs either manually or with an app like GameBuster.

-Dubious-

Thanks Dubious .. much appreciated .. i did as you suggested (i.e. low res, smaller screen size & close oter program) and seems to be fine .. really appreciate your help ..
Cheers
Mo_Jo

I thought I may have mentioned this here before but can't find a post about it and can't re-create the graphics glitch as yet.

Has anybody ever seen a stack of coal or oil powered ships transform into one of those German Landkreuzer prototype supertanks ?

I thought I may have mentioned this here before but can't find a post about it and can't re-create the graphics glitch as yet.

Has anybody ever seen a stack of coal or oil powered ships transform into one of those German Landkreuzer prototype supertanks ?

Really? I've never seen, or heard about that one.

I don't even recall that particular model being in any of the various versions of this mod all the way back to Wolfshanze, and Bronze, Steam, and Tears. :confused:

Really? I've never seen, or heard about that one.

I don't even recall that particular model being in any of the various versions of this mod all the way back to Wolfshanze, and Bronze, Steam, and Tears. :confused:

I think it might be mixed with a dreadnaught animation or something, but if you in particular haven't seen it, it makes me scratch my head and question my memory.

I play with animations on.

I think it might be mixed with a dreadnaught animation or something, but if you in particular haven't seen it, it makes me scratch my head and question my memory.

I play with animations on.

I remember a similar problem. In the vanilla art files there is a "Dreadnought" that looks like your super tank. I've never seen it in game but maybe it was used by an official mod. The "Dreadnought" ship art folder should replace completely the older folder.

I remember a similar problem. In the vanilla art files there is a "Dreadnought" that looks like your super tank. I've never seen it in game but maybe it was used by an official mod. The "Dreadnought" ship art folder should replace completely the older folder.

So you think the animation for the Dreadnought super tank-thingy that's in the included Next War mod, somehow superimposes itself over the Dreadnought ship art? Now I understand what you're saying. I still don't recall it ever occurring, but, then again, stranger things have been known to happen. Must be kind of of jarring to see your WWI invasion fleet suddenly turn into a far-future supertank. :lol:

I would think that if this happened it must've been before AchillesZero cleaned up the art for LoR.

So you think the animation for the Dreadnought super tank-thingy that's in the included Next War mod, somehow superimposes itself over the Dreadnought ship art? Now I understand what you're saying. I still don't recall it ever occurring, but, then again, stranger things have been known to happen. Must be kind of of jarring to see your WWI invasion fleet suddenly turn into a far-future supertank. :lol:

I would think that if this happened it must've been before AchillesZero cleaned up the art for LoR.

I never played Nextwar, but I saw the thing discussed & some pictures ( I think by Wolfie in a unit art thread. ) Otherwise I would have said "Why does this battleship have treads?" instead of recognizing it as Nazi German technology. Maybe they are different skins for the same skeleton/model, I don't know.

It is weird in a Transformer/Decepticon kind of way.

Was AchillesZero finished when his computer went down? It's tragic, really.

I got him interested in the idea of regional goodie huts - an igloo, a tepee, a grass hut, etc. I helped him find artwork on the forums/other Sid games, and showed him the code pertaining to animals in specific terrains and he thought it was doable and the projest was coming along nicely when.... his machine failed.

Anybody else seen any other bugs?

I got him interested in the idea of regional goodie huts - an igloo, a tepee, a grass hut, etc. I helped him find artwork on the forums/other Sid games, and showed him the code pertaining to animals in specific terrains and he thought it was doable and the projest was coming along nicely when.... his machine failed.

hhmmm...would not be too hard to add additional goody hut type improvements and then let the normal be replaced after game start with the specific ones.

Possible bug in my current game wanted to get a quick opinion on. It's 1495 AD, got Cathy to my North and we've been duking it out. War is winding down, when I notice with my Spy that she has founded Creative Const. in one of her cities.

Nobody is close to Corporations, I'm not to far off, but not there yet. And we're definitely not close to Combustion to allow for it to be founded, so how did this happen?

I didn't want to abandon the game, so I just went into WB and removed the HQ and moved on with the game. It's now the late 1600's and Charley just founded Mining Inc., so I looked around and on the Corp. screen it shows that Creative was founded in 1495, but there aren't any offices and no HQ.

Two questions, is this a known bug, and if so how can I get rid of it for future use? And is there anyway to open Creative back up so the other's have the opportunity to found it? Not a deal breaker or anything, I'm just having a great time with this game and don't want to abandon it right now. Thanks.

Possible bug in my current game wanted to get a quick opinion on. It's 1495 AD, got Cathy to my North and we've been duking it out. War is winding down, when I notice with my Spy that she has founded Creative Const. in one of her cities.

Nobody is close to Corporations, I'm not to far off, but not there yet. And we're definitely not close to Combustion to allow for it to be founded, so how did this happen?

I didn't want to abandon the game, so I just went into WB and removed the HQ and moved on with the game. It's now the late 1600's and Charley just founded Mining Inc., so I looked around and on the Corp. screen it shows that Creative was founded in 1495, but there aren't any offices and no HQ.

Two questions, is this a known bug, and if so how can I get rid of it for future use? And is there anyway to open Creative back up so the other's have the opportunity to found it? Not a deal breaker or anything, I'm just having a great time with this game and don't want to abandon it right now. Thanks.

Before you deleted the HQ in WB, did you look at her techs, and make absolutely sure she didn't have Combustion/Corporation?

What's with the unrelated files on the SVN? Isn't this a pretty strange way to transfer personal files?

Before you deleted the HQ in WB, did you look at her techs, and make absolutely sure she didn't have Combustion/Corporation?

Yes, I actually started by looking at her Techs before I did anything else. It was strange because she wasn't even remotely close. It could be just a one time thing, I guess I will know better when I start another game, I was just wondering if somebody has seen it before, and if it could be fixed in game now so that it's open to be founded. Thanks.

I don't have BTS installed in the normal location and then I have it installed again, without the patch, in the normal section. But I do not wish to install the patch on the right-location version since the no-patch version lets me play with some people I know who don't have the patch (and won't put it on due to some memory-type issues)

But anyway it detects the non-patched version and so it won't install. Help?

I don't have BTS installed in the normal location and then I have it installed again, without the patch, in the normal section. But I do not wish to install the patch on the right-location version since the no-patch version lets me play with some people I know who don't have the patch (and won't put it on due to some memory-type issues)

But anyway it detects the non-patched version and so it won't install. Help?

Temporarily swap folder names?

Hmmm.. I'll try that
EDIT Worked like a charm, thanks!

Legends of Revolution Balance Tweaks is a modification designed to
Improve the balance and game experience at higher difficulty levels.
It is compatible with version 0.99b of LOR. To install simply unzip the attached
file into your Legends of Revolutions directory. It is recommended you keep a copy
Of the Legends of Revolution installer as removing LOR balance Tweaks will require reinstallation of Legends of Revolutions.

LOR Balance Tweaks can be downloaded here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11243149#post11243149

Balance Tweaks added by this MOD

Unit Tweaks
Composite Bowmen a new unit added at Mathematics
Increased the strength of Barbarian Nomads
Battering Rams now take longer to tear down walls and cultural defenses
Battering Rams now less likely to withdraw from combat when attacking cities
Trebuchets take slightly longer to tear down walls and cultural defenses
Grenadiers changed to a gunpowder unit
Cuirassier moved from military science to military tradition
Pikemen city attack penalty removed
Melee units can only be upgraded to more advanced melee units
Knights given bonus versus melee
Knights given a penalty when attacking or defending cities
Musketmen given a city defense bonus

Wonder Tweaks
Leonardos Workshop decreased slightly in cost
Great Lighthouse increased slightly in cost
Trafalgar square whale bonus removed

Technologies
Mathematics tech cost increased slightly

The balance reasons for many of the above changes can be found in the following posts

A plea for a classical age city defender
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8235706&postcount=59

various balance comments
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10728099&postcount=237

Edit: As of version 1.2 the changes to the pyramids have been removed. Composite Bowmen now require a Barracks to build.

Top Bottom