Civ4 Complete Edition Coming Next Tuesday

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Good news for people who still don't have Civilization IV. :)

Amazon.com is listing Civilization IV: The Complete Edition with a release date of May 12, 2009 and the suggested retail price is $39.99. This edition includes Civilization IV and its two expansion packs Warlords and Beyond the Sword. Not only that, Civilization IV: Colonization is included as a bonus and the entire package is DRM-free!

Click the thumbnail at the right to see the bigger image...

All right! Been waiting to see if they'd release a Complete version with everything including Colonization. Might pick it up this summer. Complete Editions are always fairly tempting buys.

But this also means Firaxis isn't planning any more expansions. Which begs the question of what comes next... :borg:

Hopefully not another bastardized version of Civ. Don't get me wrong, Civ Rev was nice for what it was, but I think it'd be nice to see a proper Civ 5.

I really hope this means a new version of Civilization is coming out soon. I mean, it has been years since Civ 4 came out and, while the expansions have been nice, I really want something new. I just hope I won't need a new computer to play it...

I hope i would need a new comp to play next civ ;)
civ 4 was somewhat improvement in game technics/mechanics.. now lets do some improvement in graphics too.. not that i'd say that there is no need for AI or overall game mechanics changes at all, but really these graphics civ 4 had was extremely awful.

Good news, but bummer to me since I just replaced my lost Civ4 disks. Nice price though. I guess we can assume that if the packaging is accurate, then this means no more expansions for Civ4.

I guess we can assume that if the packaging is accurate, then this means no more expansions for Civ4.

But they released "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete" before this "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition" (the first one didn't have the new Colonization), so I think that another expansion is possible, though I'd like to see the first official news about Civilization V rather sooner than later.

I agree with people saying "get to Civ 5 already, jesus H christ!".

I have to say that I haven't played Civ 4 in a year now, and I've been pretty lukewarm to Civ4 Colonization and Civ Revolution. My interest level in their company is waning by the minute, so they'd better revive it with some news of Civ 5.

I agree with people saying "get to Civ 5 already, jesus H christ!".

I have to say that I haven't played Civ 4 in a year now, and I've been pretty lukewarm to Civ4 Colonization and Civ Revolution. My interest level in their company is waning by the minute, so they'd better revive it with some news of Civ 5.

Exactly. We know its not going to be released for a while yet, but it would be cool if they could just announce it.

The world needs another CIV! NOW!!!!! :cry:

I just can't bare the wait any longer.....

Actually I am visiting this site every day in hope of a first glimt of Civ5!

Great news. As a C3Cer this is the temptation I've been waiting for. Maybe in a few months... 5 would be awesome though, hopefully the graphics will take a turn for the better.

Since they haven't even announced Civ V yet, I think it might be quite a while before we see it. I hope they get rid of traits and use era bonuses like Civ Rev. I think that makes all leaders more unique than just traits.

E3 is next month (6/2 - 6/4)... perhaps we will hear something from Firaxis at that time, whether it's Civ5 or Civ MMORPG.

Anyone know if this will include an updated manual? So many retail PC games these days come in thin DVD sleeves with a quickstart guide at best.

I have Civ IV Complete from Steam (the olde version lacking Colonization), but might buy this release so I can have the discs, manual, and box, plus Colonization of course.

I wish I had held off on buying Colonization, which I just got a couple of weeks ago. I could have gotten back up CivIV/BtS disks with it. You know, they wear and tear. Maybe I'll get anyway.
I want them to go ahead and take some time with Civ V, make sure it isn't half baked, but yes, just to know there's a plan would be nice.

I saw the official press release. Another good thing about this package is it's "entirely DRM-free".

2K Games Announces Sid Meier’s Civilization IV®: The Complete Edition

May 05, 2009 – The wait is almost over for fans who want to own the entire Sid Meier’s Civilization IV® experience in one complete package. 2K Games announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization IV®: The Complete Edition will be available at retail outlets across North America starting May 12, 2009 for Windows-based PCs.

This complete Civilization IV experience contains the award-winning classic Sid Meier’s Civilization IV as well as the highly regarded Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Warlords®, Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, and Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: Colonization™ expansions. Best of all, the entire package is value-priced at $39.99 and is entirely DRM-free.

Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition was developed by Firaxis Games for Windows-based PCs and is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and older by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit http://www.civilization.com.

What does DRM mean? :confused:

Top Bottom