Pre-MilarNES II: Accepting Players

Well I intend to have the Helladic Greeks crushed fairly quickly by the Mycenaeans. Do away with the Helladics and we can assume the Mycenaeans rose to power faster than they did in RL.

Oh, well, then it's OK.

I already have a couple of ideas for other NPCs:

Seminole/NPC
Capital: Miami (starts in southern Florida)
Starting Government: Tribal Confederacy
Starting Tech: Fishing
Religion: Animism
1st Unit: Warrior

Maya/NPC
Capital: Tikal (starts in Yucatan)
Starting Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Starting Tech: Ceremonial Burial
Religion: Quetzalcoatl Monoteism
1st Unit: Slinger

Carthage/NPC
Capital: Carthage
Starting Government: Monarchy
Starting Tech: Wheel
Religion: Dual Godhood (Tanit and Ba'al Hammon)
1st Unit: Warrior

Hello! I'd like to join this upcoming game as it sounds quite intriguing. This will be my first NES, although I've read through a bit of several games since discovering them here, including MilarNES I. I am not a student or anything, so I've got the time and opportunity to keep up on the game. :king:

I would like to start in Florida, west coast, around the Tampa Bay area if I can get that specific. Anywhere in that part of the world would be fine I'm sure.

I'll just drag over my old template :p

Name of Nation/Player The Nation of Aruhn, Sylon

Capital/Starting Place Mraatoer,

Located at the light blue L. Don't mind the fact that it's an L. Don't discriminate against it because it happens to be L, or light blue. Discrimination is bad. Move along.

The Aruhn
Spoiler :
The Aruhn were originally a nomadic tribe from the North. Long winters and famines, however, led them South in search for more hospitable lands. After wandering the plains on horseback for several months, the Aruhnites came across the fertile Strait of Gibraltar. Weary from their long trip and of the nomadic lifestyle in general, they decided to settle the lands. Mraatoer means just that: To settle.

Starting Government Theocracy
Starting Tech Animal Husbandry
Religion Name Ytrism

Ytrism
Spoiler :
Ytrism is the worship of the god Ytri (Pronounced Yee-tur).

Ytri is said to take the form of the stars. Not a single star, or a constellation, but every single star there is. As such, every night where the stars can be seen is considered holy by the Aruhnites.

He is credited with saving the Aruhnites from certain destruction several times in the past, along with giving them their mounts and the knowledge of stargazing.

Your first unit Slinger
Your nation's culture

Ahrunite Culture
Spoiler :
Aruhnites are a highly religious people, and have a tendency to attribute many things to their god, Ytri- Even when any other primitive nation would be able to tell otherwise. While they do not actively seek out war, they are highly protective of their lands, which they see as Ytri's gift to them as a means of salvation from the famine.

Being a developing nation, they consist mostly of farmers or workers, along with some ranchers, mystics, and warriors. Their society, as it stands, is simply not developed enough to have a proper caste or class-based system yet, though it is beginning to take root.

The Aruhnite's nomadic culture still has a strong influence, and as such they are often taught to ride on horseback and fend for themselves in the wild at an early age. Due to the widespread availability of these horses and men capable of riding them, it is a simple matter to put together a force capable of fighting back any enemy.

UUs Nossair 4-1-0-1-0.75
Replaces Rider

Nossair
Spoiler :
"You call us 'religious horsemen'. To us, that is the same as saying 'religious priest'. It is redundant- To be a Nossair is to be religious." -General Boris Istra II, First Regiment of Cavalry

'Nossair' is the Aruhnite word for 'horseman'. Or, to be specific, a warrior riding a Sveloni. A warrior riding anything else is called a 'Bhruts', which is a very offensive term in Aruhnite culture.

Nossairs make up the bulk of Aruhnite forces, if only by the sheer availability of both riders and mounts and the high esteem they are held in in Aruhnite culture.

Nossairs are usually armed with a lance. These lances are too heavy to be thrown effectively, but the same weight adds to the power of the initial charge. While the weight of these lances make them even more cumbersome in close range when not charging, a well executed charge and flank will ensure that no such combat happens by utterly decimating the enemy ranks.

------

Additional notes:

Sveloni Whites
Spoiler :
Sveloni Whites (See-lo-nee)

Sveloni Whites are a breed of horse used exclusively by the Aruhnites. Their coat is white, with large splotches of black, much like a cow's. They are generally tall, robust, and have good stamina, making them excellent horses for riding. They are also rather intelligent (For horses), but rather stubborn at the same time.

Sveloni Whites play a large part in the mythology of Ytrism, where the god Ytri gave it to the Aruhnite people as a sign of his favor. They are said to have been crafted from the night and the stars.

As a supposed gift from god, crafted from his own body, Sveloni Whites are held in high esteem throughout Aruhn. An Aruhnite is forbidden to kill or harm a Sveloni White unless it is something they would do to their loved ones (A mercy killing, for example, or disciplinary action). If an Aruhnite comes across an injured Sveloni, he or she must tend to it. If they come across a starving Sveloni, they must feed it. And at all times, they have to be treated with respect.

Aruhnite families typically possess at least one or two Sveloni Whites. They are generally treated well, as one would treat a beloved pet. They are also used as/for transport, beasts of burden, religious symbols, sports, and a myriad of other uses. It would not be incorrect to say that Aruhnite civilization is heavily reliant on these 'holy' creatures.

EDIT: Oh, yes. Map cropped from MSN Encarta. I do hope it is eligible.

Top Bottom