Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - General Discussions

Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:42 PM   #241
r_rolo1
King of myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorFool View Post
Are you saying that Ragnar should not be willing to trade the tech? I believe that AIs at Friendly are always willing to trade. I don't know about SS techs, but I know they will ignore their WFYABTA limit and probably the we-dont-want-to-start-trading-this-tech constraint as well.
Until 3.17 the AI never trades a SS tech, no matter how friendly they are with you ( "We rather win the game" , the thing they say when they lock on any other victory condition, like when we ask them to stop a war with them pursuing Dom )

My Civ lema: Qui vincit non est victor nisi victus fatetur

Lonely Hearts Club Bullpen / You , Yourself and your shadow : Some lessons on isolated starts
r_rolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:08 PM   #242
peteraske
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Ale View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade, but this was available in v3.17 too...
Dooh. Got all worked up back there :b
peteraske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:05 PM   #243
stee
将軍職

Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election?

I don't get this one. BTW great patch

Lastly,
Quote:
Terrain height no longer affects aerial recon missions
QQ
"Ah-ha! Here's the problem! Too many toasters!" -Mario (Hotel Mario)
"That's crazy, so crazy it just might work." -Pistachio Disguisey (Master of Disguise)
"It's a race. It's a race. I'm winning. I'm winning the race!" -Enrico (Rat Race)
stee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:24 PM   #244
Duuk
Right Wing Liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stee View Post
Situations which invalidated Secretary General/AP Resident now force the next vote to be an election?

Lastly, QQ
If I'm reading that correctly, it would be:

You're the Resident of the AP and you change religions (or go Free Religion), thus invalidating you as resident. The next time one of the "Call What Vote?" question pops, it would instead have a new election.

Not sure when that would be the case for the UN

RevDCM Scenarios and Maps: Here
Duuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:25 PM   #245
stee
将軍職

Yeah I am more concerned about what the UN one means. A full description of this update with APO and UN would be nice.
"Ah-ha! Here's the problem! Too many toasters!" -Mario (Hotel Mario)
"That's crazy, so crazy it just might work." -Pistachio Disguisey (Master of Disguise)
"It's a race. It's a race. I'm winning. I'm winning the race!" -Enrico (Rat Race)
stee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:41 PM   #246
aaronlk
Chieftain

Are the changes to barrage now make catapults (and other barrage assaulters) more powerful if you're attacking units that don't have drill?

(There was a long thread in the forum about how barrage bonuses weren't as large/effective as they claim, due to rounding and other issues. Eg. barrage + 100% was more like 50-70%.)
aaronlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:50 PM   #247
Elkad
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balderstrom View Post
Strange, I got an underpopup, and a 5-10 second page delay w/ "cams" before the civ screenshot displayed.

I got his pic direct the first time, but reloading got me a leading page with "hot girls in %inserttown%"
Elkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:30 PM   #248
VoiceOfUnreason
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlk View Post
Are the changes to barrage now make catapults (and other barrage assaulters) more powerful if you're attacking units that don't have drill?

(There was a long thread in the forum about how barrage bonuses weren't as large/effective as they claim, due to rounding and other issues. Eg. barrage + 100% was more like 50-70%.)
The Collateral Thread of Doom

No - the changes are entirely about the math when a unit with bonus damage attacks a unit with bonus defense.
Noble Exercise Work Book * Everyone's guide to getting advice
VoiceOfUnreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:11 PM   #249
jdog5000
Revolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_rolo1 View Post
Until 3.17 the AI never trades a SS tech, no matter how friendly they are with you ( "We rather win the game" , the thing they say when they lock on any other victory condition, like when we ask them to stop a war with them pursuing Dom )
In 3.19, there's a change so that a vassal is always willing to trade a tech with their master.
jdog5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:14 AM   #250
lawnboy_civ
Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I have the Steam version of Beyond the Sword and just patched to 3.19. I want to start a new Pitboss game, but upon running the "Civ4BeyondSword_PitBoss.exe", it just starts the normal game (Videos and then to Main Menu). On 3.17 this file started the Pitboss program, which then allowed me to proceed with a normal Pitboss game.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue after patching?

Thanks,

Lawnboy
lawnboy_civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:23 AM   #251
Lone Wolf
Deity

Quote:
In 3.19, there's a change so that a vassal is always willing to trade a tech with their master.
Really? So a vassal can't refuse to trade a tech because he hates you, or refuse to trade a monopoly tech, or WFYABTA you? That makes vassals much more useful.
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:43 AM   #252
EmperorFool
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
So a vassal can't refuse to trade a tech because he hates you, or refuse to trade a monopoly tech, or WFYABTA you? That makes vassals much more useful.
Indeed. I get so sick of gifting all the back techs to my new vassal in the hopes that they'll finally be willing to trade for their techs only to run out of techs to trade. Given that you can demand resources outright it makes sense that you can force them to trade techs for what they feel is a fair price.

BUG Mod - BTS Unaltered Gameplay
[ Forum | Download | FAQ | Known Issues | Troubleshooting | Modding Tutorial ]

BAT 3.0.1 QuickFix™ released Oct 24th
EmperorFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:46 AM   #253
jdog5000
Revolutionary

Not to rain on the 3.19 parade, but in case anyone wants to put together a new unofficial patch (or official one!), here's a list of known bugs which remain in 3.19 which were found in the development of Better BTS AI or reported to me on that forum.

Fixes are marked with UNOFFICIAL_PATCH in BBAI source code, most have been tested and in use for months.
jdog5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:46 AM   #254
Welnic
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Annoyance View Post
Damn this installer. I just wanted to look at the source code without installing it yet but the installed doesn't ask me where to install itand goes right to the installation, and the cancel button doesn't work. So now if anything (mods etc.) is incompatible I'll have to uninstall all of BTS and reinstall.
Since I still need to run 3.17 for GOTM, I did a dual install so that I have both 3.17 and 3.19. I duplicated the Beyond the Sword folder in the Civ4 game folder, then duplicated the Beyond the Sword folder in Documents:My Games. Those two folders need to have the same name after duplication. Then I ran the installer which updates the original folder. Since I wanted the blessed version to be 3.17 so I can double click GOTM saves, I changed the duplicated folders back to Beyond the Sword and the original folders with 3.19 to Copy of Beyond the Sword. Make an alias to the executable in the 3.19 folder, change one the version's main menu screen so you know which is which without looking it up, and you're good to go.
Welnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:47 AM   #255
Pangur Bán
Γυναιμανης

This looks like making the game harder.

What, btw, does "Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another" refer to. Very curious!
Pangur Bán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:29 AM   #256
Tholish
Emperor

I can't compile the CvGameCoreDLL that comes with the new patch using Refar's instructions for 3.17 and a makefile which I made from his makefile for 3.17, except I added all the new files.

Whenever I try to compile I get complaints about not being able to find windows.h.

Last edited by Tholish; Jun 12, 2009 at 02:12 AM.
Tholish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:36 AM   #257
~Bamboo~
Chieftain

Just stopping in to say Thank you for not forgetting us.

Edit: or rather, continuing to support your fans!
~Bamboo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:40 AM   #258
Snerk
Smeghead

A BtS patch out of the blue. Does this mean we can dare hope for a CivRev patch too?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:09 AM   #259
keldath
LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

makefile 3.19

hi everyone,

ive made a makefile for 3.19,

ive tested it and it works (use only final release).

***edit - dont forget to change the sdk folder in the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Makefile-3.19.zip (5.2 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by keldath; Jun 12, 2009 at 05:49 AM.
keldath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2009, 03:53 AM   #260
ori
Repair Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stee View Post

Lastly, QQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuk View Post
If I'm reading that correctly, it would be:

You're the Resident of the AP and you change religions (or go Free Religion), thus invalidating you as resident. The next time one of the "Call What Vote?" question pops, it would instead have a new election.

Not sure when that would be the case for the UN
The main situation where this occurred is this:
If a new member of the AP or UN emerges on the turn of a vote this breaks that vote. If this happens during a Resident/Sec General election that vote yields no winner and the next vote would only occur on the next scheduled election - essentially meaning that for the normal term of the Resident/Sec General the AP/UN was disabled.
New members for AP occur through religion spread on that turn - new members for both can occur through colony split on that turn.
If I understand this correctly the vote on that turn is still broken (yields no result) - but you only have to wait until the next scheduled vote and not until the next scheduled election.
ori is offline   Reply With Quote