PCIV Mehmed II

CivIVMonger

Emperor
Hello and welcome to the Prince Cliche. I am your host, Civmonger, and the WB work was nicely done by Ignorant Teacher. He did most of the work. Give him a round of applause! And today He and I picked my absolute favorite leader. Mehmed the second. He is extremely balanced for war, economy, and growth. Ensuring gunpowder early allows more time w/ the Janissary, an awesome musket replacement. If you use it effectivally, you should have an advantage against any enemy, including siege via streangth. The Hammam is exalent as it let's you push through math/currency/Col/etc./ without needing monarchy as early due to happieness. Expansive is one of my favorite traits, not potient but gaurenteed to be useful. Hence the name but, great for expanding! Organized IS arguably the best if not second best trait in the game. I won't even go into detail.

Also. I am very, very sorry for the non wb save. For more info, read section 2 and 3 on trade routes. I too, want a WB save, it's defenitaly not lazieness, nor motivation. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I GO WITHOUT A WB SAVE AND THUMBNAIL PHOTOS. Katiekat, and Pigswill are the only people I can think of that will not be included.<Normal game speed>. I am ON it. I blame this entirely on vista. Once again read trade routes section 2 and 3. Please work with me here. thank you, Civmonger.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 153
  • owner BC-4000 PCIV.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42 KB · Views: 70
THIS IS THE LAST TIME I GO WITHOUT A WB SAVE AND THUMBNAIL PHOTOS

The two things we won't go without are a wb save and thumbnail photos and gridlines. The three things we won't go without are a wb save, thumbnail photos, gridlines, and resource icons.... The four.... no... amongst the things we won't go without are a wb save, thumbnail photos.... I'll come in again.

As I had promised, I made the WB file to CivIVMonger. I've also taken the opportunity to show the start:

Spoiler :

and the settings:

Spoiler :

(Sorry if I forgot the the gridlines. :D)

Attachments

• PCIV.rar
    16.2 KB · Views: 94
The two things we won't go without are a wb save and thumbnail photos and gridlines. The three things we won't go without are a wb save, thumbnail photos, gridlines, and resource icons.... The four.... no... amongst the things we won't go without are a wb save, thumbnail photos.... I'll come in again.

Voice of unreason. It is vista's fault. It locks XML editors and other things in the matter.

Edit. Ignorant Teacher, since my comp is inclompatible, would you like to host the series? If not i'm fine, but it's a pretty crappy RPC without WB saves and real screenshots.

Vista locks your NOTEPAD?
That's all you need to edit a save.

edit: actually I use the stock WordPad included with windows to quickly find the starting units.

I can open notepad itself. But I can't edit the XML with it. I think it's a "Safety" issue.

CivIVMonger, at the moment I don't have enough time of willingness to start hosting something in a more regular way, sorry.
But what happens to your computer? I'm running Vista as well and I can edit files just fine. About the screenshots,
Spoiler :
Have you tried opening a free account on photobucket? If you have, you may be experiencing the same problem as me in the beginning. For some weird reason it always leads me to a version of the site designed for cell phones and it sucks to use it on a browser. If you scroll down the screen you'll find a link that goes something like non-mobile photobucket. Click it and then on the tag named albums. From there on it's very intuitive. You don't have to download anything, all you do is click upload and go to documents/my games/Beyond the Sword/screenshots then select the images you want. Just be sure to get the direct link address which you'll paste on to the insert image button of the forums. It took my a while to figure this out.

I wouldn't mind hosting the series, ive meddled a bit with WB saves, im a prince/monarch player so this would be helpful and im off school, so have the time

Ive been following the series, but getting a little bit bored with Civ, so hopefully this will reinvigorate my interest.

I wouldn't mind hosting the series, ive meddled a bit with WB saves, im a prince/monarch player so this would be helpful and im off school, so have the time

Ive been following the series, but getting a little bit bored with Civ, so hopefully this will reinvigorate my interest.

As long as it's a group effort, I don't have a problem w/ it. For instance, I'm the founder so I have rights to post. Ignorant Teacher is the technical prodeucer, and you... You are one of the people (everyone.) who has freedom to post games anytime you want! I lay down my rights, Though I may pick them up again sometime in the futer.

It hurts me to just "drop" my part in the series.:( Nonetheless, I'm getting a new comp soon,:) and it whould do everything fine.

Ignorent teacher. No I have not tried photobucket. The reason simply is, if I can't get a wb save than why bother... It's like this. If you want a burger, fries and a shake, but can't offord the shake, why bother getting the fries? Terrible analagy, but it should make since.

Top Bottom