Attn Beginning Players!

Bernout1

Warlord
I've been hosting Pitboss games as part of the Tactical Gamer community. We've fully completed 3 games under the TG banner and have a fourth currently being played.

In an effort to bring new players into Pitboss BTS games in general, we've been talking about the possibility of starting up a new game in September that is focused more on beginners.

The general idea is we'd pair up beginner/intermediate players with a veteran who would be their advisor and would help out as much as you wanted them to. The hope is this will level the playing field thus not only creating a learning environment but also removing the fear that the expert players will just beat the snot out of you. :)

If you're interested in such a game, please swing by TG and check out the following forum:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/civilization-iv-game-planning-coordination/134715-game-history.html

If you have any questions you can PM me or just reply back here.

Good gaming!

Bernout

Are you talking about beginners to pitbosses or to Civ4 in general?

Are you talking about beginners to pitbosses or to Civ4 in general?

Ideally both. However, if it takes a game like this to get someone to play Pitboss for the first time despite lots of other Civ4 experience then that would be fine.

We haven't come out with solid guidelines as to what makes a beginner, intermediate or expert/veteran player. My general idea was to get a list of everyone who was interested along with their Civ4 background and then figure it out from there.

Bernout

Ideally both. However, if it takes a game like this to get someone to play Pitboss for the first time despite lots of other Civ4 experience then that would be fine.

We haven't come out with solid guidelines as to what makes a beginner, intermediate or expert/veteran player. My general idea was to get a list of everyone who was interested along with their Civ4 background and then figure it out from there.

I am interested as I said there (TG). Not new to civ IV but only one pitboss started (I wanna more :yumyum:)

Cheers

Roger that! That's what I'm asking people to do. Just join us at the TG forum, pop in to say hello, and keep an eye out when we try to form up the teams.

Bernout

Done, I hope you can come with something, sounds like fun!

Signups haven't opened yet, check the tactical gamer forum.

Just a quick update here. A proposal for the game format has now been posted and signups are expected to start within the next week or two.

Please see my original posting for the TG forum topic where the discussions are taking place.

I'll post again here once the game format is finalized and signups have started.

Bernout

Come one guys... there are still a lot of spots to fill!

Well, since I already have an account on the forum, I might as well :)

I'll be happy to play alongside a beginner player in an advisor capacity.

Top Bottom