Your best hero

Worm4life

Warlord
I'm not sure what level he got to since that display is blocked by all his promotion icons, but Saverous definitely was key to winning this game. Was outclassed militarily until I got him. Once he got a few levels he rolled through one civ and was pretty much unstoppable. Just singlehandedly kept wiping civs out until he was well into level 20+. He would have been even stronger is he got the mithril upgrade, but he was kicking so much ass I didn't want to spend the turns getting him back to a friendly town to upgrade.

Pictured here is his buddy Acheron, who he managed to snag with the crown of command. Acheron went on to become his own mean level 16 machine. Acheron + 4 movement + blitz = slaughtered armies.

Just my luck, the ONE game I get heroes past level 15 and there's no Bridgit.

That's a mighty impressive Saverous. The best hero I've ever had is Losha Valas, for obvious reasons (although admittedly much of her XP didn't come from Feasting - the beauty of immortality is I'm not scared to pit her in 90% chance battles and the like); but even then I only ever got her into the 200ish XP region.

I've never had a hero with that much xp, but I did manage to get the Meshabber of Dis to level 15-ish. When he knocked off the last three horsemen and took their weapons, he had a base strength of something around 50ish (I was stockpiling Death mana, and the Staff of Souls has Death affinity). 50 strength plus Combat V, Drill IV, etc etc is pretty ridiculous.

Another one you can get something like that with is Lucian. He comes early enough and is strong enough that he can go hunting (for barbarians, animals, other civs, etc.). Even without the hero promotion, he can be devistating, especially if you manage to snag orthus's ax. I recently played a game with him that ended up with him getting somewhere around 400xp and pretty much solo owning the entire pangea continent.

Its also possible with bambur as well, and gilden silveric. Otherwise my highest would have to be from grigori upgradable hero's. With the number of hero's they get though, I can't say that I ever really get any 1 over around 200xp or so.

-Colin

Alazkan can easily get over 1200 XP with easy kills and his nasty mirror. Although I've found I like shadows more. higher strength AND invisible. in my game now i have 4 shadows with mov 4 and blitz and hidden nationality. that's 16 kills a turn without fear of retribution. disgusting.

He's not a hero, but he ought to be one. I got this Assassin when I explored a shipwreck with a galley, lasted me the entire game. His impressive list of accomplishments includes wiping out the Sidar, killing Hyborem(by himself!) and capturing Archeron.

If I remember correctly he was level 32.

Yes he had so much XP i ran out of promotions.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 279
best hero I had was a Warrior Xg-9 it was actually created in a multiplayer game, which is why I would consider it the "best" from my repitiore. Started out as a Esus Assasin which benifited from mask n nox noctis, and he gained Aeron's Chosen. It was then I decided to send him back to my capital, and regroup my heroes (I was helping allies in wars on two different fronts) in order to equip Xg-9 with Orthus Axe and Netherblade. I waited till guilds was researched, which wasnt too long from then, kept other heroes back in capital, and with Ghosts and Xg-9 I shredded through an adversaries advanced force, and chased him back to take over his cities.

This shadow was MEAN ... with something like 17 attack strength, combat 5, and was getting close to getting drill 4 by the time the nemesis was defeated.

Top Bottom