Anything Goes - A Fallout 3 AAR

Captain2

ಠ_ృ

During the first few moments of my life, of which I remember surprisingly well, I have a very clear picture of my family: my father standing over me and asking whether I'm a boy or a girl and my mother, looking very much like a thigh....

Oddly enough I soon lost my sense of self awareness and my next memory came nearly a year later.

In his attempts to test my walking ability my dad had me walk across the room to him, of course being the show off I am I decided to one up him

Oddly unsurprised at a child who had previously been unable to walk at all suddenly walking over to his bed and jumping onto it, my father continued to insist that I walk to him in order to do it right.

Of course he soon betrayed me and closed me in my playpen, however being the forgetful scientist type he forgot to lock me in and I was able to easily escape and look around through my toy box.

Of course this was on the bestselling children's book list, narrowly beating out "You're Average, prepare yourself for a life of menial labour"

OOC: I gave myself horrible charisma so I wouldn't get any discounts when the time comes to buy or sell items, hopefully keeping myself from becoming incredibly rich in this post nuclear world until at least a decent length into the game

Dad comes back and points out the thighs favourite bible passage and then asks me to follow him, taking my newly acquired walking abilities for granted.

Then for the next nine years..... I forget what happened, but I remember I had a birthday!

yeah.... I'm begining to think I have a memory problem

I look forward to the adventures of this new, radioactive, uncharismatic Neville.

Well at least we've gone from worship of Trevelyan to Qui Gon....

Spoiler :
I discovered you could use the console to unlock the doors and wander out into the hallway, then since it is actually in the same map as where you are when you are awoken by Amata and the alarms are going off, although there are no NPCs or roaches. Anyways, if you open the bathroom door well there's nothing in there so you walk through, fall into the nothingness and then are teleported into a hallway of said later area. Although that is as far as you can go as a baby and there is no way back...

I claim credit in part for helping Captain continue this sooner.

I'll be following this thread, I dont have Fallout 3. Yet interested in buying it someday :).

I sense that "You're special" Book is gonna pop up somewhere outside this thread. Eather by itself or as a demotivational poster.

Spoiler :

Of course I'm given a pipboy as a birthday present, since its extremely useful to keep tabs on your limb damage when in the safety of the vault.

of course I'm soon greeted by Amata rubbing my low perception score in my face and offering me the gift of a Grognak the Barbarian comic, however the bloody thing fell apart after one reading so I suspect she simply found the thing laying around and decided it would make a good token offering.

Of course after that the party just goes downhill:

The robot uses a hacksaw to obliterate my cake

The cop sitting in the corner just kind of ignores me

The dirty old woman is the only one who actually talks to me

and Dad implies that nobody would care if I left the party....

I think this could be my worst birthday ever, however I'm unsure as I don't remember any others. Shunned and/or creeped out, I go to speak with Jonas.

A gun? Greatest Birthday ever!!!

Proving my marksmanship and bug murdering skills, I take the time to pause for a picture with my father

Hey Jonas! think fast! hehehe

Ouch... sorry about that...

You'll shot yer eye out kid!

Dang it Captian2, now yer gonna make me wanna get Fallout 3. Did you get the expantion packs as well or just went with the vanilla?

I have a few of the DLC packs, however since I'm unsure of my ability to properly add them to the game they may or may not make an appearance

subscription post. Neville made me purchase Oblivion for the PC so I fear this may do the same for Fallout.

@Stevie, that seems to happen to a lot of people, I guess its good to know that I'm not the only one who goes off to buy games after reading the AARs :p

@Everyone, Of course now I continue my frequent updating for the sake of actually seeing if the DLC is working, whitch I can only find out by advancing in the game

Spoiler :

My next memory occurs six years later.... they're begining to tighten up at least so hopefully soon I'll be able to remember day to day life.

This of course is the downside to being related to the vault's doctor, you'll find yourself constantly subjected to tests, doubts and claims that "Lupus doesn't work that way" whenever you claim to be sick before a test.

On my way to class I find Amata being confronted by the Tunnel Snakes. I try to consider what Lincoln, one of my idols, would do in this situation

:): What are you up to?

:(: Fine, I'm going to go

Of course, Lincoln never had to deal with such insolent fools... or did he?

FORT SUMTER FOO!

and of course, a large bout of fisticuffs breaks out in the hallway

Recomended Listening Upon viewing the following fist fight: Yakety Sax

Spoiler :

And of course, this is what having all the blood punched out of you looks like.

You're welcome, you wouldn't happen to have an icepack would you?

or an intravenous drip?

my requests for medical attention ignored and my father skeptical of my claims to poor health following my last attempts, I stagger my broken self into class and take the GOAT

Since I'm a big fan of keeping kids on the straight and narrow I've decided not to give out the questions or answers, study up guys!

After recieving the good news, I walk outside the class room and wait up for Amata hoping to get some lunch at the cafeteria largely because they make the best cookies there, the Macaroni and Cheese is good too, I just hope we can get a seat before it fills............

Dammit

Good going Cap, very amusing. :D

It was around this point that I started to get bored of Fallout 3... after half an hours play you want to be out in the wastes capping mutants, not taking some bleeding exam. An exam! In a videogame! Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

So yeah I didn't really get very far with FO, made it to Megaton, poked around a bit and then quit, partly, I have to admit, because I couldn't buy that the wasteland didn't have any vegetation after two centuries of not-being-nuked.

Hence I will follow Neville's travels with extra interest, as unlike the Oblivion AAR, this is mostly gonna be new and unkown.

Good going Cap, very amusing. :D

It was around this point that I started to get bored of Fallout 3... after half an hours play you want to be out in the wastes capping mutants, not taking some bleeding exam. An exam! In a videogame! Cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

So yeah I didn't really get very far with FO, made it to Megaton, poked around a bit and then quit, partly, I have to admit, because I couldn't buy that the wasteland didn't have any vegetation after two centuries of not-being-nuked.

Hence I will follow Neville's travels with extra interest, as unlike the Oblivion AAR, this is mostly gonna be new and unkown.

I am perfectly willing to take that Fallout 3 disc off your hands for say $30.

I'm not complaining :goodjob:

This doesn't excuse you from not updating often enough.

Hi-ho-larious Captain, but could you please spoiler previous updates again? My mouse wheel is tired.

I'm saving the disc. It may come in handy as a coaster after the coming nuclear wars. :p

(Secondarily, I may yet play through it as I liked Oblivion well enough.)

If I may, what DLC have you got installed? As I've only got this for the 360 my knowledge of mods for Fallout 3 are limited to the 'map packs' The Pitt, Operation Anchorage etc.

Im still debating on whether or not to get it via retail or steam.

Top Bottom