Nikis-Knight's Erebus map for Orbis

kaysea

Chieftain
"Knight's Erebus
Designed to give a world fitting for the fiction of FfH 2, while still providing fun, balanced gameplay."

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6051280#post6051280

I love her map, I strictly play it when playing FF. I think her map best suits the ffh lore. Anyways I changed her map adding in some Orbis resources and adding in the Mechas, Patrians and Lizard civs into the mix. I tried not to change much ... =D

The Lizards

After reading the civilopedia on them I put them north of the Amurites and next to the dovielos. i changed some of the ice into jungles and swamps

The Patrians

I put them south of the original "remnamts of Patria" ruins with some haunted lands and haunted ruins nearby. they're between the Sheam and the Grigori, which I think fits perfect since the patrians are dead and aren't religious =)

The Mechas

They're located close to the "seven pines" improvement and next to the Khazad. I've added quit a few hills close to them with access to all the metals (mithril,gold,copper,iron and silver)

Just for fun I added "beast island" =D its loaded with lots of good items but guarded by strong beasts + the island outside is guarded to so be careful!

I've never played it yet so hope everything is ok

Attachments

• KEOrbis+AllCivs.rar
    49.9 KB · Views: 231
it gets slow late in the game whenever I play her map probably around 400 turns or so.

So I usually play a custom scenario, select no settlers start the game and open the world builder and give each civ 4 settlers (the Cardith Lorda 6 cause they're supposed to be a big civ =D).

This way late in the game there aren't as many cities and civs around to cause a long wait time.

Her map? I'm sure Nikis-Knight's wife and son would be surprised by the news of the sex change.

Yeah I was thinking of placing them closer to the Orcs but when I read they were chased away by Mulcarn and took refuge near caves in an inactive volcano to keep warm I figured why not.

+ on the original map there already was a volcano, jungle and a fire node where mt.Klasshek currently is. So I just added another volcano to melt some ice to add more land.

First, great job ;)

Even if people are complaining, I know this map has been really enjoyed in the past so I think it's a good idea to have it converted!

I don't want to slave you or anything but... I don't really like NK's map, really preferring this one. Any chance you could convert it to Orbis too? I don't know how to do this myself; if you're not interested, any advice on what needs to be done to convert maps will be good ;)

I don't want to slave you or anything but... I don't really like NK's map, really preferring this one. Any chance you could convert it to Orbis too? I don't know how to do this myself; if you're not interested, any advice on what needs to be done to convert maps will be good ;)

Well, I have converted this map for LENA few days ago :) It's still work in progress, far from being balanced. I have changed many things (little greater second continent, moved some civs to make place for Ngomele and Orbis' civs, completly rearanged resources and added Orbis ones). Also, it stats at classical era to make testing easier, but with all civs starting with city, two archers and a worker). But as I said - it's still a work in progress. You know, still waiting for new LENA to update it and playtest some more ;)

Attachments

• Erebus for LENA.rar
    40.4 KB · Views: 86
Oh, really nice Kalina! I like this :)
I will take a look at it... Or could you put a screenshot in LENA's thread? If it's as cool as I'm imagining it, I'll put it in the main download ;)
(for next next version... next version will have to wait though, sorry :()

Yes!
10chars

Actually, I was thinking of converting it (OzzyKP version) myself for a long time. Damned lack of time.

So, when it is ready, I will be happy to include it in Orbis download. With some changes perhaps ;)

Yeah I was thinking of placing them closer to the Orcs but when I read they were chased away by Mulcarn and took refuge near caves in an inactive volcano to keep warm I figured why not.

+ on the original map there already was a volcano, jungle and a fire node where mt.Klasshek currently is. So I just added another volcano to melt some ice to add more land.

oh reallly? i didnt know that ... heh... i guess it pays to read the background before i comment :blush:

however if that lore is right id personally move the whole jungled area down a little bit so that there is not tundra sepparating it from the plains, and have a sliver of tundra and ice above it.

id also make the Mazatl capital closer to either Mount Kalshekk or another volcano.

Well, I have converted this map for LENA few days ago :) It's still work in progress, far from being balanced. I have changed many things (little greater second continent, moved some civs to make place for Ngomele and Orbis' civs, completly rearanged resources and added Orbis ones). Also, it stats at classical era to make testing easier, but with all civs starting with city, two archers and a worker). But as I said - it's still a work in progress. You know, still waiting for new LENA to update it and playtest some more ;)

This map looks great! I will try it on my next game.

I opened your save and when I start it with any civ it says I've been defeated =(.

Anyways, Opera, I converted the orginal map so it can be played in Orbis but I didn't add anything too it. All the new civs are located in the Southern Central island so if you wanted you can enter worldbuilder and add the Orbis resources and replace the new civs. Sorry I don't really have time.

Attachments

• Orbis Ozzy's Map of Erebus v.40.rar
    36.7 KB · Views: 73

I'm glad people like my map. :D

Thanks for converting it kaysea/Kalina, I can't wait to give it a try. :goodjob:

This map looks great! I will try it on my next game.

I opened your save and when I start it with any civ it says I've been defeated =(.

Are you using LENA ? This version is for latest Opera's LENA which is IIRC 0.40 with Orbis 0.24i. I tried to start it latest Orbis and got same error you did. I'll try to update it for Orbis tomorrow :)

EDIT: Actually, it was easier then I expected. I attach version that should work with current version of Orbis.

Attachments

• Erebus for Orbis.rar
    38.8 KB · Views: 116
I hope you don't mind, but you've inspired me to work on my own version for Orbis. Unless something unexpected comes up I should have it ready by tonight.

Something unexpected: World Series Game 1. I did a few things, but probably won't be ready tonight.

Eagerly waiting for the new erebus map too !

Top Bottom